Battlelog certificate expired, scary browser message will show

#1 Posted by mosdl (3228 posts) -

Battlelog's security certificate just expired, so your browser will show a scary looking message and ask if you want to continue or not. It should be safe, this is just an expired certificate, not a hack as far as I can tell.

#2 Posted by Giantstalker (1651 posts) -

I can't even join multiplayer games, not sure if this is related or not. This just started happening today, too...

#3 Posted by mosdl (3228 posts) -

Yeah, the cert expired a few hours ago.

#4 Posted by AhmadMetallic (18955 posts) -
@Giantstalker said:

I can't even join multiplayer games, not sure if this is related or not. This just started happening today, too...

Yup, me neither. Good thing I don't put my credit card number anywhere near EA (or SONY).
#5 Posted by mosdl (3228 posts) -

I joined games just fine.

#6 Posted by Giantstalker (1651 posts) -

Yeah, I tried a couple different servers, works now. It may have been on my end, not sure.

#7 Posted by Bollard (5550 posts) -

@mosdl: How the eff did they let that happen? Rather unprofessional...

#8 Posted by ericdrum (405 posts) -

If you are still getting this problem, log into Origin first and then start BF3 from there. It will open your default browser and then prompt you that the certificate is out of date and you can accept it from there and proceed. You will then be able to join servers from Battlelog.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.