Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Battlefield 3

Game » consists of 15 releases. Released Oct 25, 2011

Battlefield 3 is DICE's third numerical installment in the Battlefield franchise. It features a single player and co-operative campaign, as well as an extensive multiplayer component.

Best Assualt Rifle?

ObiKwiet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 9

#1  Edited By ObiKwiet

What weapon do you Assault guys here prefer? I just got the the AN-94 and don't particularly like it. I have been using the F2000 for a while now and I like its mid range accuracy (at full auto) but I think at long range (semi-auto) it kind of sucks.

Anyway, opinions on the best assault rifle?

mikemcn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#2  Edited By mikemcn

F2000 is the most used weapon in the game, at least, I see it more than any other assault rifle, i don't know what that says about it being balanced. I'll need to play more with it.

I've used the KH2002 the most out of all the assault rifles, it's basically fully automatic if you have a decent trigger finger and it's got a ton of stopping power. More recently I've being trying out the G3, and I've been loving it. Maybe that's just because I lost my mind grinding out 441000 co-op points. It's got even more stopping power, is almost as lethal as some semi-auto sniper rifles in single shot mode, and has a decent rate of fire.

topsteer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By topsteer

I've been using the M16A4 I think it's called, the three round burst one. I'm most likely in the minority but I really like the burst-fire guns.

ObiKwiet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By ObiKwiet

@Mikemcn said:

F2000 is the most used weapon in the game, at least, I see it more than any other assault rifle, i don't know what that says about it being balanced. I'll need to play more with it.

I've used the KH2002 the most out of all the assault rifles, it's basically fully automatic if you have a decent trigger finger and it's got a ton of stopping power. More recently I've being trying out the G3, and I've been loving it. Maybe that's just because I lost my mind grinding out 441000 co-op points. It's got even more stopping power, is almost as lethal as some semi-auto sniper rifles in single shot mode, and has a decent rate of fire.

I typically love the G3 in games. How long did it take you to grind it out in co-op?

LibertyForAll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By LibertyForAll

KH2002 is one of the earlier ones, ~130K coop points I think... I got it within an afternoon of messing around with coop anyway. All the guns I've unlocked from coop seem decent/worthwhile. Oops nm G3 is the last one. I can get around 1K point per min in coop...

mikemcn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#6  Edited By mikemcn

@ObiKwiet said:

@Mikemcn said:

I typically love the G3 in games. How long did it take you to grind it out in co-op?

Well, it's the last unlock for Co-op, you have to do 44 co-op missions at 10K xp (Most missions give you 20K xp if you complete them, but at some point you get so impatient with the co-op that you stop being careful.) each to unlock it, the fastest mission takes at least 8 minutes to complete? So that's almost 6 hours of Co-op... . there's no metric for exactly how long you've played Co-op, i'd be scared to see it. The last mission of the 6 is the best to grind, as it's the fastest, also, you're best off just doing them on easy as the points are the same.

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#7  Edited By Seppli

Got the most kills with the G3. Generally tend to prefer high damage per hit/high recoil/low rate of fire guns. They aren't really competitive in BF3 currently, since going full auto (not controlled bursts) kills at way too long distances too reliably. Low Recoil/high rate of fire like the F2000 is currently performing the best.

Also - burst fire guns are currently competitively challenged, since 3-4 bursts in, aim gets completely thrown off, unlike full auto and semi auto weapons. Apparently Demize is already working on fixing burst fire weapons. Just do a service star with the AN-94 using burst fire. HORROR.

ObiKwiet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By ObiKwiet

Yeah the fact that the AN-94 only has burst and full auto pretty much made me stop using it immediately. But the AN-94 was my go-to in BFBC2, maybe I should give it another shot (no pun intended).

I'd really like to try the G3 but slogging through 6 ours of co-op just doesn't sound fun.

Donos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#9  Edited By Donos

I haven't used it yet, but isn't the whole point of the AN94 that its burst is supposed to feel like a single shot? That's certainly what made it so good in BC2.

swoxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#10  Edited By swoxx

F2000

easthill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By easthill

M16A3 and AK-74M. AEK-971 is good too. F2000 also. M416 ain't bad either.

Blackout62

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#12  Edited By Blackout62

KH2002, closest thing to the feel of single firing a BAUR in 2142. Good times.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.