BF 3 - Pic Explains Destruction 3.0

#1 Edited by Seppli (10251 posts) -
#2 Edited by The_Laughing_Man (13629 posts) -

I cant read it. Text is still to small.  

Edit. You fixed it yay! 

#3 Posted by christ0phe (952 posts) -

This was a random line..."  In theory, DICE could use the engine to destroy a replica of the Burj Khalifa in downtown Dubai, the largest building in the world."

#5 Edited by SomeJerk (3130 posts) -

Hey Nvidia, how's that PhysX going for you? >;)

Upgrading my computer for this. Figure the only thing left is a fresher graphics card before I have to build a completely new rig.

#6 Posted by onarum (1989 posts) -

Looking good, it probably won't be as good as red faction guerrilla's destruction system though, not visually speaking, just the way it behaves.

But that's ok, in that game the graphics took a bit hit in favor of the destruction simulation, B3 seems it will have beautiful graphics with a very competent environmental destruction.

#7 Posted by Vitor (2809 posts) -
@onarum said:
" Looking good, it probably won't be as good as red faction guerrilla's destruction system though, not visually speaking, just the way it behaves. But that's ok, in that game the graphics took a bit hit in favor of the destruction simulation, B3 seems it will have beautiful graphics with a very competent environmental destruction. "
Yeah, I doubt it's anywhere near as procedural as that tech. Doing something similar requires a beast of a processor though, especially with that level of visual fidelity so I'd rather they took the hit in accuracy for the physics and fudged it a little - as long as stuff blows up well, I don't mind (and all the jank/predetermined break points will likely be hidden by that amazing smoke/debris regardless).
#8 Posted by Jeffsekai (7025 posts) -

That looks incredible.

#9 Posted by onarum (1989 posts) -
@Vitor said:
...and all the jank/predetermined break points will likely be hidden by that amazing smoke/debris regardless. "
Heh indeed, I hope they found a better and more realistic way to do collapsing buildings though.
#10 Posted by SeriouslyNow (8534 posts) -
@somejerk said:
" Hey Nvidia, how's that PhysX going for you? >;)   "
You mean the PhysX that they've successfully licensed to a whole bunch of platforms, games studios and scientific applications?  I'm sure it's going well.  Their acquisition certainly earned them money.  Software and Hardware has moved on since 2006 and so should you.
#11 Edited by DaSoul (228 posts) -
@christ0phe said:

" This was a random line..."  In theory, DICE could use the engine to destroy a replica of the Burj Khalifa in downtown Dubai, the largest building in the world." "

IT'S A CONSPIRACY!
#12 Posted by Seppli (10251 posts) -
@DaSoul said:

" @christ0phe said:

" This was a random line..."  In theory, DICE could use the engine to destroy a replica of the Burj Khalifa in downtown Dubai, the largest building in the world." "

IT'S A CONSPIRACY! "
Archimonde is (over)powered by Frostbite 2.0!!!

#13 Posted by AhmadMetallic (18955 posts) -

yeah seen it 
cool stuff.

#14 Posted by buft (3300 posts) -

looking good, i could potentially get those 20 destruction kills i never could get in bad company 2

#15 Posted by PhatSeeJay (3322 posts) -
@buft said:
" looking good, i could potentially get those 20 destruction kills i never could get in bad company 2 "
Shame those kills didn't include teamkills. I always seemed to get the huddling cowards on my team that couldn't figure out that the building was falling on their heads.
#16 Posted by endless_void (706 posts) -
@christ0phe said:
That's the most blatant hint evar
#17 Posted by withateethuh (726 posts) -
@endless_void: Didn't think about it that way. I would love to see the controversy over that.
#18 Posted by bwat47 (33 posts) -

Looks very promising, can't wait :)

#19 Posted by ryanwho (12082 posts) -

I finally get to terrorize Dubai.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.