Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Battlefield 3

Game » consists of 15 releases. Released Oct 25, 2011

Battlefield 3 is DICE's third numerical installment in the Battlefield franchise. It features a single player and co-operative campaign, as well as an extensive multiplayer component.

BF3 After Two Months

• 68 results
    big_jon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 18

#51  Edited By big_jon

@clstirens said:

@big_jon: The M27 IAR is the best of them all, but it's hardly an LMG.

Yeah, it handles more like an assault rifle.

bushpusherr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

#52  Edited By bushpusherr

Me thinking he's bad has nothing to do with him not liking the game, it has to do with the fact that somehow he finds the knife terrible, can't kill anyone with LMG's, thinks the shotguns are terrible, and thinks the pistols are terrible. I have no problem using these weapons, so my conclusion was that he simply wasn't good at using them.

Also, you have no reason to suspect you are better than me at the game. Also, no one gives a fuck.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#53  Edited By 137

@Beaudacious said:

@Bourbon_Warrior: @bushpusherr: I use to play cs, an cs:s for real money be it in tourney's, or gambling on matches against other teams. I've played enough FPS games throughout my life to be quite good, and probably better then you and most people on this site. Its not arrogance its the confidence in my skills to bet 100$ on a cs match time and time again.( My part-time job in high-school) And yes cs does translate to every fps, since most modern fps game are piss easy compared to the games of old. I twitch that gun like a crazy person, and probably am after all that time in seedy dark rooms filling my wallet with cash.

Also if you think the hit-boxes in this game are fine, you've never played an fps on any competitive level.

"insert I used to be fatal1ty in another life, then I started playing bf3 and it all went to shit reply"

wicked_wumpus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#54  Edited By wicked_wumpus

I'm not sure why you continue to play the game if you dislike it so much. There are other games out there ya know.

Avatar image for deactivated-64ba3d2213a4d
    deactivated-64ba3d2213a4d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

I just want to know what the word "than" did to offend the TC since he constantly uses then instead of it...

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

#56  Edited By Humanity

I loved Bad Company 2 but maybe a large part of that was that my friends were also into it and we played online a lot. When I jumped on BF3 my friends were slow to get in and then they were never on and the biggest failing for me in Battlefield games is that it's hard to enjoy them by yourselves. Random squads are awful I think and while it's rewarding to be able to pull your entire team out of the gutter by actually rushing MCOMs it's super irritating when you're losing and it's literally because half your team is doing only God knows what. All I know is that I bought it super hyped and I haven't touched it in at least a month. It's not necessarily a bad game but did not have the staying power other titles had with me.

clstirens

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By clstirens

@Humanity: Definitely has to do with whether your friends are playing it or not. I'd be the same, I think, with every battlefield if I didn't have friends playing it with me.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By Humanity

@clstirens said:

@Humanity: Definitely has to do with whether your friends are playing it or not. I'd be the same, I think, with every battlefield if I didn't have friends playing it with me.

Thats really unfortunate though because I like the game, but if I'm limited to enjoying myself only when my friends are on then thats harsh. I liked playing Call of Duty a lot because I could have jumped on and had fun and my friends playing with me was a bonus. It just meant I could have someone to talk to while I played. From what I remember when I played Battlefield 2 on pc ages ago I had a ton of fun myself. Maybe I was just younger and easier to please.

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#59  Edited By Seppli

@Humanity said:

I loved Bad Company 2 but maybe a large part of that was that my friends were also into it and we played online a lot. When I jumped on BF3 my friends were slow to get in and then they were never on and the biggest failing for me in Battlefield games is that it's hard to enjoy them by yourselves. Random squads are awful I think and while it's rewarding to be able to pull your entire team out of the gutter by actually rushing MCOMs it's super irritating when you're losing and it's literally because half your team is doing only God knows what. All I know is that I bought it super hyped and I haven't touched it in at least a month. It's not necessarily a bad game but did not have the staying power other titles had with me.

You didn't play Back 2 Karkand yet? Get on that stat!

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By Humanity

@Seppli said:

@Humanity said:

You didn't play Back 2 Karkand yet? Get on that stat!

I don't know man. I played those maps to death on BF2. Do I really wanna play them again? On the fence. (I'd have to buy 'em)

Avatar image for deactivated-592be1c2327fc
    deactivated-592be1c2327fc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bushpusherr: Troll

big_jon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 18

#62  Edited By big_jon

@bushpusherr said:

Me thinking he's bad has nothing to do with him not liking the game, it has to do with the fact that somehow he finds the knife terrible, can't kill anyone with LMG's, thinks the shotguns are terrible, and thinks the pistols are terrible. I have no problem using these weapons, so my conclusion was that he simply wasn't good at using them.

Also, you have no reason to suspect you are better than me at the game. Also, no one gives a fuck.

Hahaha, I love when someone posts a defence then claims that they don't give a fuck.

bushpusherr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#63  Edited By bushpusherr

My post clearly was pointed to no one giving a fuck that anyone here is better than anyone else. My "defense" was referencing your mischaracterization of my previous post.

Raineko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By Raineko

Yeah this game feels really broken. Weird hit detection, lag, bugs, crashes. I guess I will play something else for the next weeks.

Sadly I think this is because DICE released this game on 3 platforms and they have to take care about all of them. If this was PC only, I think bugs would be fixed much faster.

bwat47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By bwat47

Pistols are quite good, and I have no problem using knife, lmg, or shotgun. Hit reg is good besides sometimes dying behinc cover. This post is just full of hyperbole. The game certainly isn't perfect, but its a great game.

LMG's are actually really good in this game. If you think they are THAT bad, you are doing something very wrong.

clstirens

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By clstirens

@Humanity: Yeah, I guess what I meant to say is that I have a ton of fun playing solo on Battlefield, but I wouldn't be as interested in playing them for 100+ hours each were it not for the fact I play them often with friends (and sometimes alone)

ChillyUK7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#67  Edited By ChillyUK7

Strange I have very rarely found the hit detection to be a problem, its hard for me to tell when im firing an AR at an enemy 100 yards away with iron sights but theres been a couple of times I thought I should have got a headshot with a sniper rifle but they were most likely invisible walls problems.

Avatar image for imsorrymsjackson
    Imsorrymsjackson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By Imsorrymsjackson

Well I really like the game and im good at it. Your opinion is valid of course but you need to learn how to play the game properly.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.