Can't play BF3 campaign after patch

#1 Posted by kubazse (14 posts) -

Hello,

downloaded the BF3 patch a couple of nights ago. Played MP, that's fine but, wanted to finish the campaign and when I boot it up it tells me that the connection to EA Online was lost and it boots me out. Anyone else got this. I am playing on the 360 by the way. Thanks.

Regards

#2 Posted by themangalist (1731 posts) -

Oh they finally patched that boring ass campaign...

... by directing you to just play multiplayer.

#3 Edited by mscupcakes (612 posts) -

I don't think that has anything to do with the patch, everyone seems to be frequently losing connection to EA Online. It kept happening to me when I was playing co-op.

#4 Posted by AlexW00d (6236 posts) -

You're not missing out dude, just play more MP.

#5 Posted by chilibean_3 (1635 posts) -

Lucky you. Aw, that was uncalled for.

#6 Posted by NovaDTH (155 posts) -

That's probably for the best

#7 Posted by JBrighty (80 posts) -

he still needs a connection to EA in order to play MP problem unsolved... Anyway, losing connection to EA happens quite frequently tbh

#8 Posted by xdaknightx69 (449 posts) -

go offline and see if that helps, i can play it offline on the PC just fine without going to battlelog

#9 Posted by MikeydCT (563 posts) -

Same happening to me, tried to play offline and still got it. Had to start a new one.

#10 Posted by Pobearo (108 posts) -

Yeah, I've been having this problem as well. I don't really see why I need a connection to EA for singleplayer in the first place.... Oh well, it's not like I cared about the story, I'm just sad I can't get the achievements.

#11 Posted by vonFlampanker (327 posts) -

Same here on PC. Crashes in the same place every time. Thanks, EA!

#12 Posted by mr187uk (129 posts) -

I'm having the EA connection issue on Campaign on the 360 too, The connection with EA Online was lost. MP is working fine, but I bought the game so I could play SP and MP.

I've also had issues with the loading screen after dying, would just get the black load screen with the flashing cursor and that key people in the squad wouldn't move or open doors when needed eg the roof top where they all just sat there, but removing all the game data and starting again fixed that issue.

#13 Posted by laserbolts (5319 posts) -

So what is going on with this I can't finish the singleplayer now because of this stupid EA shit. Tried while disconnected as well and I still can't play it. This is pretty bullshit for a console game.

#14 Edited by Intro (1206 posts) -

Best. Patch. Yet.

Seriously though, I haven't tried playing the campaign for awhile, nor have I heard of a fix. Have you tried resetting your cache and playing offline?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.