Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Battlefield 3

Game » consists of 15 releases. Released Oct 25, 2011

Battlefield 3 is DICE's third numerical installment in the Battlefield franchise. It features a single player and co-operative campaign, as well as an extensive multiplayer component.

Celebrating the BF3 news, tell us about your BF2 profile/etc .

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#1  Edited By AhmadMetallic

Ive been playing Battlefield 2 since October 2008, its my favorite online game ever. and im so fucking happy BF3 will be out.  
    I play v1.0 only, not interested in the later "more realistic" versions, because v1.0 BF2 is crazy and mod-able and has its own crazy physics engine, with ragdoll animations when u die. and most of all, hundreds of people still play it.

Whats so damn great about Battlefield 2 is that its the thin line between "shallow" multiplayer shooters like Call of Duty where you run around a small map and kill and get killed all day long, without any real work or effort or tactics required from you and between really realistic and deep shooters that could bore people out with their learning curve, demanding time and concentration. 
    It was just the PERFECT medium that gave you the sexiest team-based experience ever. not to mention that the helicopter and jets and vehicles in it are phenomenal. just phenomenal.

if they dumb something down in BF3 because of the x360/ps3 versions, or make it a BC2 sequel  rather than a BF2 sequel, i will seek terrorists and put a little red x on DICE's location on the map (just a joke. sorry terror-phobic people) 

So, for how long have you played Battlefield 2, and what do you have to say about it, or about the announced sequel ?

Binman88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Binman88

I played over 400 hours between 06 and 07. I had a number of accounts but my most used ones were this and this. (second one after I left |M.I| - BF2 wasn't our main game, RVS was). I loved pretty much everything about it. Mostly played medic when I was playing infantry, but tried to get up in their air at every opportunity. 

Video I made back in 2006 piloting the MiG (as I explain in the comments, I realise I had a major advantage over the US, what with their planes being utter shite)

JoeMarsden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By JoeMarsden

Hell yeah, Medic with the G36E is king. Then again, if I was ever PLA, i'd go with the default AK. That thing kicked ass.

CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By CL60

Well, I got banned from BF2 for seemingly no reason. I have not played in years, and I decided I wanted to play a few months ago, and I got a message saying I'm banned.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.