Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Battlefield 3

Game » consists of 15 releases. Released Oct 25, 2011

Battlefield 3 is DICE's third numerical installment in the Battlefield franchise. It features a single player and co-operative campaign, as well as an extensive multiplayer component.

CO-Op grind to be fixed.

mikemcn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#1  Edited By mikemcn

According to this article Senior Designer at DICE, Fredrik Thylander has mentioned that the time to unlock various weapons in Co-op will be reduced.

@Thylander was it your intention for us to grind the coop missions that get boring fast for all unlocks? I spammed the last for quick points
    @edgeofsan1ty nope. And its getting nerfed.

For all of you who have been staying away from Co-op, this is great news.

For all us Obsessive compulsives who worked our asses off playing mind numbingly boring missions over and over until we all had eye strain and carpal tunnel syndrome, while memorizing the layout of every single co-op level with such detail that we could complete them in our sleep, this is seriously overdue. I can complete the Eleventh Hour in under 3 minutes in one window with one hand while typing up a blog on GB about how much I hate BF3 co-op with the other in a second window, I wish I was joking, but i'm doing it now, need to get that G3.

DonPixel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By DonPixel

@Mikemcn said:

For all us Obsessive compulsives who worked our asses off playing mind numbingly boring missions over and over until we all had eye strain and carpal tunnel syndrome,

Outch, No unlock worth that.. don't ever ever play unfun shit you send the wrong message to developers.

mikemcn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By mikemcn

@DonPixel said:

@Mikemcn said:

For all us Obsessive compulsives who worked our asses off playing mind numbingly boring missions over and over until we all had eye strain and carpal tunnel syndrome,

Outch, No unlock worth it.. don't ever ever play unfun shit you send the wrong message to developers.

I had to do it. I had to. It hurt.

themangalist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By themangalist

Co-op missions are painfully bad in BF3. Worst of all? No in-game chatbox.

delta_ass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

User Lists: 7

#5  Edited By delta_ass

I think it could've been alright for 4 player co-op, but as it is right now, the enemies are way too accurate.

Avatar image for taliciadragonsong
    TaliciaDragonsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By TaliciaDragonsong

I normally love any kind of co op but BF3's I hate with a passion.

No checkpoints.
    Your weapons switch to default after each scripted area (especially the humvee mission does this every area).
    Enemies will stab you in the face constantly.
    Player characters will re-use lines all the time (and I don't mean kill quotes or shit, every new area they repeat one of the I presume 3 recorded sounds).

Welcome to 2011.

vonFlampanker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#7  Edited By vonFlampanker

@themangalist said:

Co-op missions are painfully bad in BF3. Worst of all? No in-game chatbox.

Ironic since the chat box in multiplayer is gigantic. Maybe multiplayer got both halves by mistake?

xMP44x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#8  Edited By xMP44x

It seems a bit unfair they're going to nerf that, because getting those weapons 'legitimately' is unbelievably boring and long-winded. All I want is my G3A3 so I can shoot dudes with it, like I did in Bad Company 2. It's quite unfair they expect you to play the same six missions over and over. If you could finish all six on Hard and get all the weapons I think that would be fairer, truthfully. :/

arcn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By arcn

I didn't find them that bad to be honest, I did a couple every time I got tired of multiplayer and I unlocked everything pretty fast, I would say that the best missions to keep playing again are the last 3, especially the last one since it gets that awesome bit of music at the end, although the first 3 aren't really fun, especially if you're learning to fly that helicopter and you crash into a house.

fistfulofmetal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 29

#10  Edited By fistfulofmetal

so they are going to make them all worth more? i just want to unlock the M39 EMR...

mosdl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#11  Edited By mosdl

@Fistfulofmetal said:

so they are going to make them all worth more? i just want to unlock the M39 EMR...

Or pay $2 bucks to EA!

Potter9156

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#12  Edited By Potter9156

Just spent all of last night and a couple hours today unlocking everything.

Harkat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Harkat

@Mikemcn said:

Outch, No unlock worth that.. don't ever ever play unfun shit you send the wrong message to developers.

When playing carrot-dangling games, it's sometimes easy to slip into a mode where you forget you are not having fun. I realized this in Borderlands, where the actual combat is very dull, and you only keep playing to see bigger and bigger numbers pop up.

Not sure how to feel about the nerf, though. I kinda like that there are some rare weapons. In fact, let's fucking make it a TF2-hat-market style thing. OMG RARE GUN I WILL BUY FOR 900 USD.

fistfulofmetal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 29

#14  Edited By fistfulofmetal

@mosdl:

fuck i'll do that. who do i give my money too?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.