Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Battlefield 3

Game » consists of 15 releases. Released Oct 25, 2011

Battlefield 3 is DICE's third numerical installment in the Battlefield franchise. It features a single player and co-operative campaign, as well as an extensive multiplayer component.

CO-Op score...

mikemcn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#1  Edited By mikemcn

So certain weapons, according to battlelog, require a specific amount of "CO-OP Score" to unlock. For example, The G3 requires 441,000 Co-op points.

I want those guns, I don't want to play co-op. Am I really being punished for not wanting to play anything but multiplayer.... how hard is it to get these points in Coop and what's the easiest way to earn them??

white

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By white

The G3 is a 20 round assault rifle. Do you really want garbage like that?

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#3  Edited By AhmadMetallic

Why aren't you rocking a flashlight on Teheran Highway? 

You're not the man I loved.

SomeJerk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By SomeJerk

Don't use the exploit on the last co-op mission whatever you do, it's far too risky.

Doing Operation Exodus on Hard should be 25 000 - 30 000 points, the office speedrun one is quite valuable too

Beaudacious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Beaudacious

Ya i just noticed this today, i don't want to play co-op but i guess i'll have to.... Unless they change it in a patch.

mikemcn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By mikemcn

@AhmadMetallic said:

Why aren't you rocking a flashlight on Teheran Highway? You're not the man I loved.

That's all I want to do, but I didn't unlock it for my Scar until last night.

blueduck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By blueduck

This is why leveling and unlockables shouldn't be in FPS. The game should be able to get people to continue to play it through fun.

Ragnarok512

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Ragnarok512

@blueduck: Personally, I like leveling. It gives a feeling of progression and it's something to work towards besides KDR.

blueduck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By blueduck

@Ragnarok512 said:

@blueduck: Personally, I like leveling. It gives a feeling of progression and it's something to work towards besides KDR.

So you're saying that in order for you to enjoy a game you need to feel like you're working towards something besides just getting better?

Donos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#10  Edited By Donos

@blueduck said:

So you're saying that in order for you to enjoy a game you need to feel like you're working towards something besides just getting better?

There's a certain genre of games known as the R-P-G. Maybe you've heard of it.

blueduck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By blueduck

@Donos said:

@blueduck said:

There's a certain genre of games known as the R-P-G. Maybe you've heard of it.

Yes but we are clearly discussing FPS or First person Shooters. Maybe you've heard of them?

Ragnarok512

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Ragnarok512

@blueduck: Erm, no. I didn't say that at all. You'll notice that I didn't say I disliked working towards KDR, just that I liked having something else as well. Chill yo.

blueduck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By blueduck

@Ragnarok512: When did I indicate I was mad :) but skill has nothing to do with working towards KDR. I'm not sure where you would get that. Although I feel like my question was out of line in the first place considering BF3 isn't really a competitive game so unlockables would be something people would enjoy. I was just a little confused since I didn't even think about unlockables in BF2 I just played it because it was fun.

Ragnarok512

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Ragnarok512

@blueduck: KDR may not be complete metric of skill, but it's a part of it and the easiest part to "get". I was using it as an example. Also, if unlocking weapons was the only reason BF3 was fun, I obviously wouldn't play it. The progression builds on an already solid gameplay experience.

Why do you think BF3 isn't a competitive game? It's a valid opinion to be sure, I'm just curious why you think so.

blueduck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By blueduck

@Ragnarok512: I don't think it's a competitive game because there is no competitions for it like SC2 or like cs used to have. I understand that it's "competitive" in the sense that there are people competing against each other on a server but using that definition would make almost every game a "competitive" game. However understand this I do not hold it against the game as the size of the maps and server count would be far too great to ever use the game in competition or league play.

Ragnarok512

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Ragnarok512

@blueduck: Ah, I see what you mean. It would be a nightmare trying to get 32 player teams together and organized into a tournament.

EDIT: we totally hijacked this thread. >.>

On topic: The coop is pretty fun with a friend, and there are some missions that are very easy to get points on. I think it's worth playing.

MikkaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#17  Edited By MikkaQ

@White said:

More like a 20 round battle rifle. M16 only shoots 5.56x45mm rounds, the G3 can fire 7.62x51mm rounds. It's a real, proper rifle.

I imagine this translates to higher damage in game.

BawlZINmotion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#18  Edited By BawlZINmotion

@XII_Sniper said:

@White said:

More like a 20 round battle rifle. M16 only shoots 5.56x45mm rounds, the G3 can fire 7.62x51mm rounds. It's a real, proper rifle.

white

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By white

@XII_Sniper said:

@White said:

A 7.62 round also recoils and deviates a lot more.

I can imagine running out of rounds when engaging multiple targets in an area.

GS_Dan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#20  Edited By GS_Dan

@White: Sounds like one more suited to single shot...

Bollard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

#21  Edited By Bollard

Weird, the most I've got in Coop so far after just doing all but one mission now was just over 12,000 on Fire From the Sky on Hard. Also changing the difficulty seems to make almost 0 difference on score. My partner got the same score first time round on Normal...

Seems like the later weapons will take ages to grind out :(

MikkaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#22  Edited By MikkaQ

@White said:

@XII_Sniper said:

@White said:

A 7.62 round also recoils and deviates a lot more.

I can imagine running out of rounds when engaging multiple targets in an area.

That's why it all depends on the situation. Different guns are better on different maps. I wouldn't want a G3 in Metro, or that one map with the giant-ass tunnel. But I would want in maps that are more open-ended and engagements are in smaller numbers and at range.

mikemcn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By mikemcn

@Chavtheworld said:

Weird, the most I've got in Coop so far after just doing all but one mission now was just over 12,000 on Fire From the Sky on Hard. Also changing the difficulty seems to make almost 0 difference on score. My partner got the same score first time round on Normal...

Seems like the later weapons will take ages to grind out :(

I played one round of operaton exodus, and got 9800 points, i'll need to play that scenario another 44 times in order to get the G3. Obviously, i'll play some of the others, but still, thats absurd. Max score on that first scenario is 21,000. And that is only if you shoot all enemies yourself.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.