Commander might not be out after all

#1 Posted by Dedodido (235 posts) -

I just found this on the official forum for Battlefield 3:

Linky

The post by the community manager was:

The devs are not going to post here and answer questions until we are ready to answer questions. Battlefield 3 is still a game under development and as an unfinished game, we are not ready to talk about it out in public yet.

We will talk about the game further down the road.

Why the 24 player limitation on consoles?

- Because consoles are five year old machines that don't match the strenght of a good pc 2011.

Why no commander?

I didn't see Patrick confirming anything in that article

Apparently he also said on his twitter:

These suggestions for commander mode are great, keep them coming

Looking for a link to that now.
#2 Posted by PhatSeeJay (3322 posts) -

This doesn't surprise me one bit. While the things written in the article were rather worrying it wasn't exactly saying that something was going to get cut or not. 

I'm glad there popped some word out from DICE though to confirm my view.
Thanks for posting that, man.

#3 Posted by The_Laughing_Man (13629 posts) -
#4 Posted by Dedodido (235 posts) -
@The_Laughing_Man:  Given this uproar this is causing, I'd say this deserves its own thread.
#5 Edited by PhatSeeJay (3322 posts) -

I'm behind that. The other thread is  so long gone, this post would have gotten lost in the long discussion posts.

#6 Posted by gamb1t (964 posts) -

This is what happens when forums/petitions/twitter blow up in dice's face.

#7 Posted by AhmadMetallic (18955 posts) -

YAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

#8 Posted by DeeGee (2116 posts) -
@gamb1t:  Or they never actually said it was taken out.
#10 Posted by Dedodido (235 posts) -

Things might calm down a bit until GDC, if we don't hear anything about the commander then, that's when things will get hairy for DICE.

#11 Posted by easthill (351 posts) -
@Dedodido said:
" Things might calm down a bit until GDC, if we don't hear anything about the commander then, that's when things will get hairy for DICE. "
Things will get hairy whatever DICE shows. Nothing can live up to the expectations people make in their minds.
#12 Posted by KaosAngel (13765 posts) -
@easthill said:
" @Dedodido said:
" Things might calm down a bit until GDC, if we don't hear anything about the commander then, that's when things will get hairy for DICE. "
Things will get hairy whatever DICE shows. Nothing can live up to the expectations people make in their minds. "
I dunno, BF2 turned out alright...but I forgot how the hype was back then.  I'm assuming after the low-point of Vietnam, people were either more hyped or less hyped.  
#13 Posted by easthill (351 posts) -
@KaosAngel said:
" @easthill said:
" @Dedodido said:
Things will get hairy whatever DICE shows. Nothing can live up to the expectations people make in their minds. "
I dunno, BF2 turned out alright...but I forgot how the hype was back then.  I'm assuming after the low-point of Vietnam, people were either more hyped or less hyped.   "
I remember that time as a time where people were excited for new games, trusting developers to do their job and make games.
#14 Edited by onarum (2018 posts) -

Man I'm in a DIRE need of building a gaming rig... a measly 24 player count is no way to play a game like this.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.