Conan, what is best in Battlefield 3?

#1 Edited by Seppli (10251 posts) -

This is your 'Conan, what is best in life?' moment. Tell me - what is best in Battlefield 3?

Mine is hunting down camping snipers with the AH-6 Littlebird or the Z-11 in the hillside next to capture point Bravo on Kharg Island Conquest 64. Gatling guns screeching. Hot lead tearing them all apart. I can literally hear them curse to the heavens. I LOVE IT! Here's a topical video of some noob wasting an excellent opportunity for ownage. Enjoy!

#2 Posted by EuanDewar (4690 posts) -

You see if it was me I would just crash that fucking helicopter right into the nearest red thing.

#3 Posted by BawlZINmotion (714 posts) -

I love your ejection!

#4 Posted by mosdl (3228 posts) -

Thought I could take a shortcut, had the apc get stuck in this canal. Then a jeep driving in the canal hits my tank, I take out the 2 guys in it. Perfectly planned of course.

#5 Posted by McGhee (6094 posts) -

Does this game have remote detonated bombs like in 1943 (the only Battlefield game I've played)?

#6 Posted by kermoosh (911 posts) -

can't wait to get my "battlefield moments" on

#7 Posted by Sogeman (862 posts) -

@McGhee_the_Insomniac said:

Does this game have remote detonated bombs like in 1943 (the only Battlefield game I've played)?

Remote detonated bombs? C4?

#8 Posted by McGhee (6094 posts) -

@Sogeman said:

@McGhee_the_Insomniac said:

Does this game have remote detonated bombs like in 1943 (the only Battlefield game I've played)?

Remote detonated bombs? C4?

Yes? I guess? Any kind of explosive device that one would throw on the ground, run away, then detonate from a distance.

#9 Posted by Tru3_Blu3 (3181 posts) -

@McGhee_the_Insomniac said:

@Sogeman said:

@McGhee_the_Insomniac said:

Does this game have remote detonated bombs like in 1943 (the only Battlefield game I've played)?

Remote detonated bombs? C4?

Yes? I guess? Any kind of explosive device that one would throw on the ground, run away, then detonate from a distance.

Yup.

#10 Posted by Vodun (2370 posts) -

@McGhee_the_Insomniac said:

@Sogeman said:

@McGhee_the_Insomniac said:

Does this game have remote detonated bombs like in 1943 (the only Battlefield game I've played)?

Remote detonated bombs? C4?

Yes? I guess? Any kind of explosive device that one would throw on the ground, run away, then detonate from a distance.

Are...are you a terrorist?

#11 Posted by 137 (481 posts) -

THIS

+ THIS

=

#12 Edited by Bollard (5203 posts) -

Driving the tank out at the start of Caspian Border, heading straight to A, killing 3 jeeps (each with 2 people in) and one tank on the way before being rudely disconnected while repairing up.

That or riding on the gunner seat with a random squadmate for an entire game of Conquest, hopping in and out to repair and getting ~5500 points :D

Tanks are where it's at bro.

#13 Posted by LordXavierBritish (6320 posts) -

I don't know what this thread is about but the video title reminded me of this.
  

#14 Posted by AhmadMetallic (18955 posts) -
@Vodun said:

@McGhee_the_Insomniac said:

@Sogeman said:

@McGhee_the_Insomniac said:

Does this game have remote detonated bombs like in 1943 (the only Battlefield game I've played)?

Remote detonated bombs? C4?

Yes? I guess? Any kind of explosive device that one would throw on the ground, run away, then detonate from a distance.

Are...are you a terrorist?

Uh, have some respect for terrorists, they don't remotely detonate explosives, they detonate themselves. 
 
Kids these days >_>
#15 Posted by Ninja_Welshman (476 posts) -

The best thing about battlefield is the random shit that happens and knowing that it was an actual person that caused it. Wether is a jet crashing right in front of you, knifing a room full of dudes (my greatest moment to date) or taking out a full APC. Also if like me and not the best at FPS games you can still make a difference by reviving, supplying, repairing etc...

#16 Posted by emergency (1193 posts) -

Crashing your jet / helicopter directly into someone as a final last gasp move.

#17 Posted by MikkaQ (10264 posts) -

@mosdl said:

Thought I could take a shortcut, had the apc get stuck in this canal. Then a jeep driving in the canal hits my tank, I take out the 2 guys in it. Perfectly planned of course.

I got an entire main battle tank caught in there. No kills though :(

For my best moment so far, I have to defer you to the BF3 TNT, where I accidentally crashed my jet right in front of "the camera" and freaked everyone out.

#18 Posted by igl (89 posts) -

OP works for EA?

#19 Edited by Seppli (10251 posts) -

@igl said:

OP works for EA?

Funny. You are not the first accusing me of such. I have just realized at some time in the past that EA makes A LOT of games I love and usually their line-up is the most in-sync with my wants.

I hate nothing more than EA haters. Yeah - they pull A LOT of shady shit and can be quite offensive in their actions and statements, but at the end of the day - EA fronts the cash and talent for A LOT of games I want to play and despite all the shit that usually does surround these big releases, it's EA's games I want to play.

Between Activision, Ubisoft and EA - I live on a healthy mix of EA games and Blizzard's portion of Activision's line-up, which accounts for a majority of my yearly videogames consumption; and I'm not going to bash on what I love. Simple. Most EA haters are 'me too' airheads anyways.

#20 Posted by Spoonman671 (4527 posts) -

M249 + Bipod + Extended Mag + Extra Ammo Specialization = the lamentations of the suppressed.

#21 Posted by mosdl (3228 posts) -

@Seppli said:

@igl said:

OP works for EA?

Funny. You are not the first accusing me of such. I have just realized at some time in the past that EA makes A LOT of games I love and usually their line-up is the most in-sync with my wants.

I hate nothing more than EA haters. Yeah - they pull A LOT of shady shit and can be quite offensive in their actions and statements, but at the end of the day - EA fronts the cash and talent for A LOT of games I want to play and despite all the shit that usually does surround these big releases, it's EA's games I want to play.

Between Activision, Ubisoft and EA - I live on a healthy mix of EA games and Blizzard's portion of Activision's line-up, which accounts for a majority of my yearly videogames consumption; and I'm not going to bash on what I love. Simple. Most EA haters are 'me too' airheads anyways.

He's german by his name, and I believe the Origin activation situation there is messed up.

#22 Posted by Ben_H (3296 posts) -

I haven't unlocked remote controlled explosives yet so I can't comment on how they are in this game. But in BF1942 you could load up the German "jeep" thing with explosives in the back seat and drive it into things and hop out at the last second and blow up tanks after you activated it. It was way harder than in BF2 because the dynamite didn't stick to surfaces so if you hit a jump you would lose all the explosives. It almost never worked but when it did it was badass.

#23 Posted by Marz (5642 posts) -

got two marksman kills with 1 bullet with my m98.   ended up getting like 700 points for that one shot.

#24 Posted by mosdl (3228 posts) -

Jump out of copter, see 2 enemy snipers, lob grenade while parachuting in air and get double kill.

#25 Posted by SSully (4118 posts) -

I had no idea they had little birds in this game, they are easily my favorite helicopter! I cannot wait to get this game and tear fools up with a littlebird!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.