Did you play the Single-Player campaign for Battlefield 3?

• 58 results
Edited 1 year, 1 month ago

Poll: Did you play the Single-Player campaign for Battlefield 3? (236 votes)

Yes, played it and beat it 51%
Yes but didn't finish it. 22%
No 22%
I didn't play Battlefield 3 5%

I own the game on PS3 and PC and never once played the single-player campaign. I have no desire to.

#51 Posted by Irvandus (2877 posts) -

Yes. It was mediocre.

#52 Posted by Vuud (1959 posts) -

I really wish they'd keep campaigns as a separate disc/install. Campaigns for Battlefield and CoD are just a waste of HD space.

#53 Edited by Raven10 (1766 posts) -

I would say that if I listed all the modern military shooter campaigns I've played since Modern Warfare, Battlefield 3 would probably be the worst. And I've played every Call of Duty, both Medal of Honors, and even Homefront. In fact, I would say that Battlefield 3 had maybe the worst single player campaign of any big budget shooter this generation. I found it dreadfully boring, poorly paced, extremely restrictive, and at launch it was downright broken in a lot of places. I always enjoy the Call of Duty campaigns for what they are. And I enjoyed Homefront and Medal of Honor as well. I also liked Bad Company 2 as a matter of fact. Medal of Honor Warfighter had a couple cool sequences, mainly the car driving portions, and I felt that it was balanced a little better. But I honestly don't have a single good thing to say about Battlefield 3's campaign from a game design standpoint. Technically, yea, it was unmatched at the time and still looks pretty good today, but it was just a damn boring game and the bugs really didn't help.

#54 Posted by MegaLombax (387 posts) -

I did. I always do with fps games. Visuals were good, but I honestly can't remember a single thing about the campaign albeit shooting in Paris. It was quite forgettable. I generally enjoy the single-player portions of modern military First Person Shooter games. But I thought Battlefield 3 was the most bland experience I've played thus far.

#55 Posted by Humanity (9056 posts) -

I haven't played a single player campaign of a Battlefield game since 1942 came out. Granted back then the single player campaign was basically a bot match.

#56 Edited by Humanity (9056 posts) -

I haven't played a single player campaign of a Battlefield game since 1942 came out. Granted back then the single player campaign was basically a bot match.

#57 Posted by Fattony12000 (7304 posts) -

Bought it at launch, still haven't finished it yet.

#58 Posted by jarowdowsky (208 posts) -

Never played it but goddamn, I wish they'd make DCS-A-10c look like that fighter mission :)

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.