Do the arms look.. unmanly to anyone?

• 87 results
#1 Edited by AhmadMetallic (18955 posts) -

Ive watched the new trailer maybe 50 times, and everything looks just perfect, except for the player's arm ! 
 the arm is very thin and white and clean, looks very soft and feminine/unmanly.. doesnt really fit for a 25+ year old squad leader in the US army ! 

not to mention that that glove looks like its taken out of a S&M shop (kinda)  

Edit: also, why is the player the only one in short sleeves while the rest of the squad are wearing standard long-sleeved uniforms ? who wears a short sleeve uniform in combat anyway? 

dude ! white soft arm is white and soft !

is it me or is does his arm look way off ? 

Edit : 

Case Closed .
#2 Posted by Pinworm45 (4088 posts) -

you should have stopped around view number 7.

#3 Posted by Animasta (14648 posts) -

it's actually all females, that's the twist.

#4 Posted by Bucketdeth (8004 posts) -

They look fine to me, just because their forearms arn't huge a bulky doesn't meen they arn't "Manly".  

@Laketown said:

" it's actually all females, that's the twist. "
I bet Dice are pissed you found out already.
#5 Posted by big_jon (5709 posts) -

You sure are post a lot of stupid threads...

#6 Posted by Gizmo (5389 posts) -
@big_jon said:
" You sure are post a lot of stupid threads... "
#7 Posted by S0ndor (2715 posts) -

No.

#8 Posted by AhmadMetallic (18955 posts) -
@big_jon said:
i sure are is yessiree bob !
#9 Posted by Gizmo (5389 posts) -
@big_jon said:
Wait, Big Jon... 

You make the DSi-ware games, right?
#10 Posted by big_jon (5709 posts) -
@Gizmo said:
" @big_jon said:
Wait, Big Jon...  You make the DSi-ware games, right? "

I made my not book and my note book 2
#11 Posted by PhatSeeJay (3322 posts) -

It's a bloody forearm... It looks fine to me.

#12 Posted by AhmadMetallic (18955 posts) -
@PhatSeeJay said:
" It's a bloody forearm... It looks fine to me. "
MOAR HAIR AND WAR PAINT/FILTH !
#13 Posted by ZeroCast (1869 posts) -
@Ahmad_Metallic: 

I think you're giving this too much thought Ahmad. Arms, legs, guns, faces, they all look fine.

I can understand your excitement, but don't let the hype consume you to this degree of auditing.
#14 Posted by Crono (2639 posts) -

Wow this is really over scrutinizing at this point. I mean, if you need more manly forearms maybe someone can mod in arms that look like penises for you at some point in the future.

#15 Posted by Donos (1193 posts) -

Arm looks normal to me, though it would be pretty cool if it updated to look dirtier and more beat up as time passes.

#16 Posted by Enigma777 (6057 posts) -

... wow

#17 Posted by AhmadMetallic (18955 posts) -
 @S0ndor:
@PhatSeeJay:
@ZeroCast:
@Crono:

here : 

@Donos said:
" it would be pretty cool if it updated to look dirtier and more beat up as time passes."
thats kinda what i meant. its a mixture of it looking clear and light, no cuts or bruises or sunburns or any sign of hair, and it doesnt look dirty and beat up, which i hope changes as you fight, because that only makes sense.. 

this isnt over scrutinizing, and im not obsessing over the game, im just sitting here thinking random shit !
#18 Posted by Vodun (2370 posts) -
@Ahmad_Metallic: Not sure how many actual soldiers you've seen...but they're not all 'roid monsters. I have family that's soldering and he's fairly lean, but his muscles are for using not for showing off. Also, doesn't take a massive amount of muscle to pull a trigger and kill your ass.
#19 Posted by Twisted_Scot (1175 posts) -

Id like to know why he/she is the only one without sleeves?

#20 Posted by JoyfullOFrockets (1177 posts) -

Maybe you're playing as a lady. OHSNAP!

It'd be cool if that's really the truth. Not enough female protagonists.

#21 Posted by AhmadMetallic (18955 posts) -
@Vodun said:
" @Ahmad_Metallic: Not sure how many actual soldiers you've seen...but they're not all 'roid monsters. I have family that's soldering and he's fairly lean, but his muscles are for using not for showing off. Also, doesn't take a massive amount of muscle to pull a trigger and kill your ass. "
hahahaha ok then my argument is invalid :P funny post ! 

@Twisted_Scot said:
" Id like to know why he/she is the only one without sleeves? "
yeah thats my second question, no one answered it !
#22 Posted by The_Laughing_Man (13629 posts) -
@Ahmad_Metallic said:
" @Vodun said:
" @Ahmad_Metallic: Not sure how many actual soldiers you've seen...but they're not all 'roid monsters. I have family that's soldering and he's fairly lean, but his muscles are for using not for showing off. Also, doesn't take a massive amount of muscle to pull a trigger and kill your ass. "
hahahaha ok then my argument is invalid :P funny post ! 

@Twisted_Scot said:
" Id like to know why he/she is the only one without sleeves? "
yeah thats my second question, no one answered it ! "
Rolled up sleeves. 
#23 Posted by CptChiken (1987 posts) -

What?

#24 Posted by J0n3s1 (295 posts) -

Wait, what? Did you really make a thread about arms in the battlefield 3 trailer?

#25 Posted by JJWeatherman (14557 posts) -
@Ahmad_Metallic: Didn't you make the thread about how much space the guns take up on screen, too? 

You're paying way too much attention to the wrong part of the screen.
#26 Posted by MaFoLu (1858 posts) -

You are actually playing as Faith from Mirror's Edge, and the whole game, after the first mission, is about you running and jumping on rooftops while people are shooting at you. 
That's why there won't be a Mirror's Edge 2! They've got it all figured out, the Battlefield name gets everyone to buy the game, but it's actually a Mirror's Edge game in disguise!

#27 Posted by MetalGearGeorge (218 posts) -
@Ahmad_Metallic:  Dude don't take this the wrong way (i am a big BF fan myself) but i think you are kind of overdoing it in your anticipation for BF3. The game looks freaking awesome and you are concentrating on the wrong stuff. To tell you the truth however i think a bit more hair would be OK i guess!
#28 Posted by JJWeatherman (14557 posts) -
@MaFoLu said:
" You are actually playing as Faith from Mirror's Edge, and the whole game, after the first mission, is about you running and jumping on rooftops while people are shooting at you. 
That's why there won't be a Mirror's Edge 2! They've got it all figured out, the Battlefield name gets everyone to buy the game, but it's actually a Mirror's Edge game in disguise! "
Everyone would be fired. Everyone.
#29 Posted by christ0phe (952 posts) -

No

#30 Posted by Donos (1193 posts) -
@MaFoLu:  I'm pretty sure they actually pulled some animations from Mirror's Edge for BF3. Specifically, some of the running and the dropping-out-of-vent-shaft-landing-with-a-hand-on-the-ground animation is identical.
#31 Posted by Azteck (7449 posts) -

It represents the pale, white, kid playing the game. It's.. immersive.

#32 Posted by mordukai (7133 posts) -
@Ahmad_Metallic: So???? He waxes. What's so wrong with that??? LOL
#33 Posted by EVO (3864 posts) -

That's the first DLC: Manly Arms.

It takes place in the downtime between battles, lifting weights and shit, building up your forearms before ultimately arm wrestling zombie Suddam Hussein to death.

#34 Posted by AjayRaz (12418 posts) -
@Gizmo said:
" @big_jon said:
Wait, Big Jon...  You make the DSi-ware games, right? "
YEEEEEEAP 
WHEN I AIN'T DRIVIN' MY BIG RIG, I LIKE TO BE MAKIN' SOME DOWNLOADABLE GAMES 
#35 Posted by Sayishere (1838 posts) -

those look like my arms to be honest

#36 Posted by DelroyLindo (387 posts) -

50 times? Find better things to do with your spare time

#37 Posted by Xolare (1273 posts) -

I'm sorry, did you want characters with giant penises for arms that are all veiny? Let me email DICE and tell them to get the character modelers from Epic Games.

#38 Posted by AhmadMetallic (18955 posts) -

Case Closed .
#39 Posted by PhatSeeJay (3322 posts) -
@EVO said:
" That's the first DLC: Manly Arms.   "
Man FUCK EA and their Day One Manly Arms DLC deal!

Wait, what?
#40 Posted by teh_pwnzorer (1482 posts) -

You'll need DirectX12 for hairy arms.

#41 Posted by buft (3301 posts) -

soft arms maybe but the real question is does it have boobs... 

#42 Posted by Aleryn (703 posts) -

They look fine.

#43 Edited by Donos (1193 posts) -
@teh_pwnzorer said:

"You'll need DirectX12 for hairy arms. "

There might actually be some truth to this. When you think about it, arm hair is going to be more difficult than normal hair because you can't really get away with a texture. It would have to be individualized pieces with 3d space around them.Which is beyond just about every hair system i've seen in games.
#44 Posted by natetodamax (19170 posts) -

I've seen soldiers here and there in my life, and none of them have giant ass Gears Of War arms. You are nitpicking about the most insignificant thing ever.

#45 Edited by buzz_killington (3532 posts) -

Also, all the Arabic text used as textures is absolutely fucked.

#46 Posted by Jack268 (3387 posts) -

The reason he wears short sleeves is because it's this guy: 

#47 Posted by TheSeductiveMoose (3617 posts) -

OMG, it's Jack Carver.
#48 Posted by auspiciousqueue (1298 posts) -

Why sweat it out in stupid long sleeves; they were so Battlefield 2. Future enemy = the dreaded farmers tan.

#49 Posted by AhmadMetallic (18955 posts) -
@buzz_killington said:
" Also, all the Arabic text used as textures is absolutely fucked. "
do you speak arabic ? 

Yes, the arabic typing in the game is typed backwards, and the letters arent connected. Also, the arabic word on the hotel that means 'hotel' is copy pasta from the one in Battlefield 2... 
#50 Posted by Azteck (7449 posts) -
@Donos said:
" @teh_pwnzorer said:

"You'll need DirectX12 for hairy arms. "

There might actually be some truth to this. When you think about it, arm hair is going to be more difficult than normal hair because you can't really get away with a texture. It would have to be individualized pieces with 3d space around them.Which is beyond just about every hair system i've seen in games. "
I want to know if they'll be animated dynamically to change with the wind direction, and if they'll stand on end when the character gets shivers.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.