Do the arms look.. unmanly to anyone?

• 87 results
#51 Posted by Xolare (1284 posts) -
@Azteck said:
" @Donos said:
" @teh_pwnzorer said:

"You'll need DirectX12 for hairy arms. "

There might actually be some truth to this. When you think about it, arm hair is going to be more difficult than normal hair because you can't really get away with a texture. It would have to be individualized pieces with 3d space around them.Which is beyond just about every hair system i've seen in games. "
I want to know if they'll be animated dynamically to change with the wind direction, and if they'll stand on end when the character gets shivers. "
Goddamnit.
#52 Posted by amir90 (2156 posts) -

epic thread is, epic..

#53 Posted by KillyDarko (1888 posts) -
@Ahmad_Metallic:  The short-sleeves are indeed kinda baffling, but the arms don't bother me the slightest -- but maybe that's 'cause my own arms are thin, pale and nearly hairless ^^
#54 Edited by JasonR86 (9705 posts) -

So the hairy-er the arm the manlier the arm?

#55 Posted by Dolphin_Butter (1915 posts) -

I'm shocked nobody has told the OP that it explicitly says the video is pre-alpha code.

#56 Posted by Trifork89 (73 posts) -
@Ahmad_Metallic said:
" @big_jon said:
" You sure are post a lot of stupid threads... "
i sure are is yessiree bob ! "

No, seriously.. how many actual soldiers have you seen in real life.. even on TV? in the news i mean.. fucking hell man, the fuck is wrong with you.
#57 Posted by Skytylz (4033 posts) -

My arms are super hairy, these dudes would be jealous of me.

#58 Posted by DystopiaX (5310 posts) -

Dude, it's a pre alpha model. Of an arm. It looks fine.

#59 Posted by Tennmuerti (8100 posts) -

I would actually dig playing as a female soldier.

#60 Posted by buzz_killington (3532 posts) -
@Ahmad_Metallic said:
" @buzz_killington said:
" Also, all the Arabic text used as textures is absolutely fucked. "
do you speak arabic ?  Yes, the arabic typing in the game is typed backwards, and the letters arent connected. Also, the arabic word on the hotel that means 'hotel' is copy pasta from the one in Battlefield 2...  "
No I don't, but I can read some Farsi which uses similar letters, and I could tell the letters are disconnected from one another.
#61 Posted by Xolare (1284 posts) -
@buzz_killington said:
" @Ahmad_Metallic said:
" @buzz_killington said:
" Also, all the Arabic text used as textures is absolutely fucked. "
do you speak arabic ?  Yes, the arabic typing in the game is typed backwards, and the letters arent connected. Also, the arabic word on the hotel that means 'hotel' is copy pasta from the one in Battlefield 2...  "
No I don't, but I can read some Farsi which uses similar letters, and I could tell the letters are disconnected from one another. "
Like how all the Russian graffiti in Call of Duty 4 said penis?
#62 Posted by BeachThunder (11931 posts) -
@EVO said:
" That's the first DLC: Manly Arms."
SOLD!
#63 Posted by FlyingRat (1446 posts) -

Do you think that maybe.... you might be overthinking things a little?

#64 Posted by Spoonman671 (4635 posts) -

Looks like a normal human forearm to me.  No Chris Redfields or Batmans in this Battlefield.  There's always next time.

#65 Posted by Zajtalan (1163 posts) -

yea put some damn sleeves on lol

#66 Posted by triple07 (1196 posts) -

Hmm actually kinda agree. Looks a little weird for a military officer.

#67 Posted by TheFreeMan (2712 posts) -

This thread is everything good and everything bad about the giantbomb forums at the same time. 

well, no staff adoration posts, actually. or gb memes.

yet

#68 Posted by HandsomeDead (11863 posts) -

Turns out, this is the main character: 

#69 Posted by Ocean_H (290 posts) -
@big_jon said:
#70 Posted by awesomeusername (4184 posts) -
@big_jon said: 
" @big_jon said:
I made my not book and my note book 2 "
Maybe need you english classes?
#71 Posted by AuthenticM (3728 posts) -

I thought the exact same thing when I first viewed the trailer.

#72 Posted by big_jon (5727 posts) -
@awesomeusername said:
" @big_jon said: 
" @big_jon said:
Maybe need you english classes? "
I'm truly sorry if my grammar didn't meet your expectations, I was typing on my touch screen phone.

By the way I am pretty sure the word English should be capitalized.
#73 Posted by big_jon (5727 posts) -
@PhatSeeJay said:
" @HandsomeDead said:
" Turns out, this is the main character: 

"
The tennis ball in his underwear a Premium day one unlock? "
Oh my God... I feel so uncomfortable now.
#74 Posted by DystopiaX (5310 posts) -
@big_jon said:
" @awesomeusername said:
" @big_jon said: 
" @big_jon said:
I'm truly sorry if my grammar didn't meet your expectations, I was typing on my touch screen phone.  By the way I am pretty sure the word English should be capitalized. "
awesomeusername just got served. 

As for this thread, the OP really needs to calm down with the BF3 topics...it has to be at least 5 already in the past day, over 2:30 of non-gameplay. 
this is a pre-alpha build, shit ain't done yet, and if the arms really were hairless, well so what? I know plenty of guys in the military, and a lot of them aren't the testosterone filled hairy motherfuckers you see in videogames, so if there was no hair it would be just as accurate; the OP just as a stereotyped view of what a soldier looks like.
#75 Posted by awesomeusername (4184 posts) -
@DystopiaX said:
" @big_jon said:
" @awesomeusername said:
" @big_jon said: 
" @big_jon said:
I'm truly sorry if my grammar didn't meet your expectations, I was typing on my touch screen phone.  By the way I am pretty sure the word English should be capitalized. "
awesomeusername just got served.  As for this thread, the OP really needs to calm down with the BF3 topics...it has to be at least 5 already in the past day, over 2:30 of non-gameplay. this is a pre-alpha build, shit ain't done yet, and if the arms really were hairless, well so what? I know plenty of guys in the military, and a lot of them aren't the testosterone filled hairy motherfuckers you see in videogames, so if there was no hair it would be just as accurate; the OP just as a stereotyped view of what a soldier looks like. "
I messaged him back saying I was joking. No ones english (English?) is perfect and I'm not saying mine is. Hell, I always say mineS and my gf always corrects me but idgaf anyways. MineSSS sounds cooler then mine. Just need to make sure I don't write that when it comes to important life scenarios.
#76 Posted by awesomeusername (4184 posts) -
@big_jon said:
" @PhatSeeJay said:
" @HandsomeDead said:

"
Oh my God... I feel so uncomfortable now. "
HAHAHAHAHAHA! THIS MADE ME CRACK THE FUCK UP! THAT'S FUCKING NASTY BUT HIS FACE IS HILARIOUS! AND THE TENNIS BALL IN HIS UNDIES! HAHAHA! EPIC! JUST SO DAMN EPIC!
#77 Posted by ShiftyMagician (2129 posts) -
@big_jon said:
" @PhatSeeJay said:
" @HandsomeDead said:

"
Oh my God... I feel so uncomfortable now. "
It doesn't help when people keep quoting the pic, making it litter the entire length of the pages.  Oh god...I am now part of the problem.
#78 Posted by Infininja (881 posts) -
@awesomeusername said:
" @DystopiaX said:
" @big_jon said:
" @awesomeusername said:
" @big_jon said: 
" @big_jon said:
awesomeusername just got served.  As for this thread, the OP really needs to calm down with the BF3 topics...it has to be at least 5 already in the past day, over 2:30 of non-gameplay. this is a pre-alpha build, shit ain't done yet, and if the arms really were hairless, well so what? I know plenty of guys in the military, and a lot of them aren't the testosterone filled hairy motherfuckers you see in videogames, so if there was no hair it would be just as accurate; the OP just as a stereotyped view of what a soldier looks like. "
I messaged him back saying I was joking. No ones english (English?) is perfect and I'm not saying mine is. Hell, I always say mineS and my gf always corrects me but idgaf anyways. MineSSS sounds cooler then mine. Just need to make sure I don't write that when it comes to important life scenarios. "
Jokes fall flat when you commit the same offense you're joking about, and you're continuing to commit it.
#79 Posted by AhmadMetallic (18955 posts) -

man this community is fucking hysterical <3

#80 Edited by BraveToaster (12589 posts) -

Believe it or not, but there are skinny people in the military. That doesn't mean they're weak or not manly.

@big_jon said:

Even the guy who types like a caveman is busting your balls.
#81 Posted by RiotBananas (3600 posts) -
@J0n3s1 said:
" Wait, what? Did you really make a thread about arms in the battlefield 3 trailer? "
#82 Edited by fullmetal5550 (345 posts) -
@HandsomeDead said:

"
This is how Sasuke Uchiha  would look in real life.

On Topic: The arms look fine to me.
#83 Posted by floodiastus (1262 posts) -
@triple07 said:
" Hmm actually kinda agree. Looks a little weird for a military officer. "
Well, to be honest you can't see their right arms... I promise you they are twice the size, them being in the military and all ;)
#84 Posted by Donos (1195 posts) -

Damnit, now this thread is NSFW

#85 Posted by No0b0rAmA (1490 posts) -
@Twisted_Scot said:
" Id like to know why he/she is the only one without sleeves? "
#86 Posted by OutOfBounds9000 (2300 posts) -

Stupid thread is stupid.

#87 Posted by RE_Player1 (7560 posts) -

That pebble in one of the screenshots looks unrealistic. I'll pass on the game now. 

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.