Do we have an Xbox 360 Platoon set up yet?

• 74 results
#1 Edited by xxizzypop (578 posts) -

I was kind of bummed when I realized that there was so much work dedicated to the PC side of things, but no apparent love given to the console versions.

Edit

Props to @cmglassmire for creating the console version GB Platoon

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/platoon/2832655240986980753/

The Edit, Pt. 2

Props to @Consaw:

Since they have made it so hard to join others, I have created a gamer tag to use so that we can link up with other duders easily. This will be kind of how they do TNT on the 360. It also helps to keep friend lists under contro. Just add this gamer tag and search through its friends list to look for others playing Battlefield 3.

GT: GiantBombBF3

Seriously proud to be a part of this community, way to be guys. Also, sorry it took so long to include the edit Consaw.

#2 Posted by bcjohnnie (442 posts) -

I'll definitely join a GB platoon for the 360, not that it matters since EA can't seem to run stable online servers to save their lives. I know it's the first day, but you're FUCKING EA, learn 2 server. Anyway, I haven't seen anyone set up a platoon for 360, so if anyone has done one please post it, and I'll join once Battlelog lets me log in in 2012... goddamn EA.

#3 Posted by Knetic2341 (243 posts) -

@xxizzypop: I will too. You ready to set one up for us?

#4 Posted by Consaw (253 posts) -

I can start a master Giant Bomb gamer tag if you want. It'll make it real easy to join up, or easier once they figure out the server issues.

#5 Posted by Guided_By_Tigers (8061 posts) -

I'm game for 360 platoon.....once my game comes in the mail.

#6 Posted by Knetic2341 (243 posts) -

Giant Bombsquad 360? This our group?

#7 Posted by Draugrim (135 posts) -

Definitely down. I won't be online until later in the week, but I'm Gamertag: Sihr if anyone wants to friend up ahead of time.

#8 Edited by cmglassmire (14 posts) -
#9 Edited by xxizzypop (578 posts) -

@Knetic2341: Oh man, I don't think I'm ready for this kind of responsibility.

I'll start this deal probably tomorrow. I'm kind of frustrated right now with the kind of hoops I'm having to jump through to get in to a game.

Edit: @cmglassmire: It's all cool by me, and I'm sure everyone else is just happy to have a platoon to call their own :]

#10 Posted by Twisted_Scot (1180 posts) -

@bcjohnnie said:

I'll definitely join a GB platoon for the 360, not that it matters since EA can't seem to run stable online servers to save their lives. I know it's the first day, but you're FUCKING EA, learn 2 server. Anyway, I haven't seen anyone set up a platoon for 360, so if anyone has done one please post it, and I'll join once Battlelog lets me log in in 2012... goddamn EA.

LOL I love the weeks they spent telling people that the "Beta" was to check how well the server cope etc and then day 1.......EXACTLY the same thing as happens with ALL Battlefield games. Great job once again DICE / EA.

Oh...yeah id sign up for a match or two.

#11 Posted by j3ffro919 (243 posts) -

I don't have much BF experience but I'd like to join up, just sent an application, XBL name is the same.

#12 Posted by WarlordPayne (705 posts) -

I'd love to join up with some fellow Duders, sent an application.

#13 Posted by MetalMoog (908 posts) -

I would love to join but for some reason my battlelog is on PC even though my account is for my Xbox. Haven't been able to get into battlelog all day and when I did, it's the PC battlelog. Wonderful infrastructure EA.

#14 Posted by aperfecttool72 (27 posts) -

I'd also like to join if that is cool. BF3 is my first real big multiplayer FPS since Homefront ended up being a bust. I did pretty decent in the beta, but I already see that the whole game is an entirely different beast.

Gamertag is aperfecttool72

Just give me a heads up if you are from GB if you add me to your lists, otherwise I just end up rejecting random invites from the crazy 15 year olds that are on XBox live.

#15 Posted by RoyCampbell (1096 posts) -

Wow, 13 posts and not a single trace of seething anger and vitriol. 

Impressive.

#16 Posted by Kandycane2029 (511 posts) -

I applied. Only one of my friends has this game, so it would be fun to play with some of you guys while he's not online.

#17 Posted by cmglassmire (14 posts) -

ive added everyone thats applied up to now.

#18 Posted by jonny_mung (90 posts) -

Application sent. Count me in!

#19 Posted by aperfecttool72 (27 posts) -

I have to stress that I am a serious noob at Battlefield. So if I tend to die a lot, don't take it too personally.

I'd love to get some tips from people who have played the previous games. I usually go out as support with a LMG or try to Recon to spot guys & deploy the mobile spawn points.

I've always been more down to help out the team and not run off all by myself trying to get MOST KILLZ DIE DIE DIE!

Also, please don't ask me to fly anything. I'm apparently incapable of keeping a Heli up in the air.

#20 Edited by kingando420 (210 posts) -

I'll be getting the game tomorrow, I'm in the UK and that's when it is released (WTF EA??!?!)

Hopefully there are some others here in the UK too, low ping FTW (literally)

#21 Posted by Lnin0 (169 posts) -

So what does a platoon provide for the 360/PS3 version? I created my own to try and see but it added nothing new to my console experience that I can tell. I don't see a button that says INVITE PLATOON or even my platoon tag or shield anyplace on the console side of things.

The only thing I do seem to get now is the feed showing recent activities. I assume that will only show me Origin friends on there and not me Xbox Live mates....which is kind of silly that you now have two groups to manage - Origin friends and Xbox friends :(

#22 Posted by Korosuzo (177 posts) -

Application sent. BSpot84.

#23 Posted by MetalMoog (908 posts) -

Application sent. MetalMoog.

I have my own platoon that I just created too for my friends and website, hopefully I'll be able to be in two at once. I don't see why not.

#24 Posted by Still_I_Cry (2494 posts) -

I'll join a GB platoon.

GT = same as on here.

Just send me an invite with a message saying something like "Me, GB".

:D

#25 Posted by StrainedEyes (1331 posts) -

I applied!

#26 Posted by Warihay (487 posts) -

Just applied. GhostlyKiller17 is my gamertag. Definitely looking for some people to squad up with.

#27 Posted by MajorZygomatic (1 posts) -

App sent. Tag is MajorZygomatic83. Thanks!

#28 Posted by megiddo (12 posts) -

Will be applying shortly.

GT

I Megido I

those are i's

#29 Posted by SpudBug (633 posts) -

I am disgusted with playing with randoms that go 1-7 and don't spot any enemies while playing against teams with nobody that scores less than 2k points on them.

I'm joining up for some duder action. Gamertag "JerBeep"

#30 Posted by shatteringlast (240 posts) -

App sent. Sick of being in squads where no one has a mic! I'm pretty well rounded in all kits, but gravitate towards Assault/Medic. GT Shatteringlast1.

I wanna shoot people with internet bullets!

#31 Posted by Capum15 (4992 posts) -

Application sent, gamertag is Capum15Returns.

Always happy to play MP games with people who talk. I'll probably go more Support / Recon (spawn beacon is great).

#32 Posted by hoossy (939 posts) -

applied: Hoossy

look forward to playing with you all... I'm a groundpounder.

does anyone know if the platoons link to the actual game? Cause I don't see much point in it unless it does....

#33 Posted by AMxKaOtIcDeV (34 posts) -

Just applied to the platoon :D.

#34 Posted by Charles4U (29 posts) -

Aplication sent

#35 Posted by kalmis (1549 posts) -

Application sent

#36 Posted by Charles4U (29 posts) -

So once you're on a platoon can you just join/invite friends through battlelog?

#37 Posted by MetalMoog (908 posts) -

@Lnin0: Did you ever get a response to the whole "How do platoons integrate into Battlefield 3 in game?" I have the same question.

#38 Posted by Weesh (58 posts) -

Application sent. GT: WeeshLoL. Combat Medic at your service.

#39 Posted by poisonmonkey (374 posts) -

application sent - stoneygeezer

#40 Posted by Beanburritos (19 posts) -

Application sent GT: CheezyBurrito92

#41 Posted by MichaelBach (890 posts) -

Application sent, thanks for starting this, looking forward to crashing helicopters with fellow duders!

#42 Posted by Redsox44 (487 posts) -

Applied. GT: LEGGO MY EGGO :p

I am a very good attack chopper pilot and am already deep into the unlocks, good with jets though but i prefer the helis since other people have trouble with them and I don't have to fight for them too much.

#43 Posted by kingof8bit (14 posts) -

Applied to join. GT: Crimsonimage

#44 Posted by Wabashy (76 posts) -

hey, applied to join, GT: Wabashy,

ive got good cred!

#45 Posted by jayperr (29 posts) -

Great stuff!

Applied to join: Jayperr.

#46 Posted by hobbz (21 posts) -

Application sent. GT: usn hobbz

#47 Edited by Consaw (253 posts) -

Since they have made it so hard to join others, I have created a gamer tag to use so that we can link up with other duders easily. This will be kind of how they do TNT on the 360. It also helps to keep friend lists under contro. Just add this gamer tag and search through its friends list to look for others playing Battlefield 3.

GT: GiantBombBF3

@xxizzypop: If you can add this to the first post that would be appreciated.

#48 Posted by CABBAGES (534 posts) -

applied GT iCABBAGESi

#49 Posted by cmglassmire (14 posts) -

Hey guys, everyone has been added up until now. I also updated the presentation and broadcasted a message to show up on everyones feed about the gamertag. Everyone thank consaw for that one.

Should be super easy to play together now

#50 Posted by yoshimitz707 (2453 posts) -

Applied. GT is Yoshimitz707.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.