Dream Come True Multiplayer - CONFIRMED!

#1 Edited by Seppli (10251 posts) -

Dude - all the whining and complaining and generally being petty bitches about this or that detail or circumstance. Are you guys serious?

Seine Crossing CQ 64 - now that's so insanely epic, I cannot fathom how anyone isn't over the moon who's got a taste of that! Teheran Highway? Dude! Kharg Island Rush? Oh brother!

These maps are so chock-full of angles to play, it's essentially limitless again. A far cry from the restrictive map design of BF:BC 2. So good, it tastes like chicken!

#2 Posted by Seppli (10251 posts) -

Just played my first round CQ 64 Operation Métro. Indeed - I do not understand how they let this map be played in this mode. Can't quite fathom how they believed this would play out.

#3 Posted by W0lfbl1tzers (1787 posts) -

@Seppli said:

These maps are so cock-full of angles to play, it's essentially limitless again. A far cry from the restrictive map design of BF:BC 2. So good, it tastes like chicken!

You should probably fix that.

#4 Posted by Buneroid (428 posts) -

I played Caspian Border a couple times today and it was awesome. Was running around with some dude named SnugglyTacco or something in my squad. We were capping bases stealth style like nobody's business.

What does this add to the thread? I don't know, I just wanted to tell someone about my day.

#5 Posted by RsistncE (4496 posts) -

From what I've experienced, the maps are a mix of awesomeness and complete shit. 64 player conquest on Damavand Valley is fucking terrible.

#6 Posted by JOURN3Y (230 posts) -

@RsistncE: Agreed. Do you know what map is also shit on 64p conquest? Operation Metro.

#7 Posted by ShadowConqueror (3050 posts) -

@W0lfbl1tzers said:

@Seppli said:

These maps are so cock-full of angles to play, it's essentially limitless again. A far cry from the restrictive map design of BF:BC 2. So good, it tastes like chicken!

You should probably fix that.

Maybe he meant the maps are full of cocks.

#8 Posted by RsistncE (4496 posts) -

@JOURN3Y said:

@RsistncE: Agreed. Do you know what map is also shit on 64p conquest? Operation Metro.

VERY MUCH SO. That's really the only unfortunate part of this game, that the maps are so hit and miss.

#9 Posted by huntad (1930 posts) -

It does sound awesome. I wish I had a PC to play it, but since I don't ... I won't.

#10 Posted by withateethuh (726 posts) -

I absolutely love the map design for the most part. Most of the maps feel like they're just the right size for 64 players so that there's plenty of space to move and flank but that infantry combat is actually focused and fun. The rush layout is pretty fantastic too. They really outdid themselves for the most part. There's such a strong sense of quality and effort I haven't seen in a multiplayer fps for a long time.

#11 Posted by McShank (1629 posts) -

I would love to play it on pc but sadly i cant stand shooters on pc besides things like CS or L4D or TF2.. otherwise console is where i usually go for them.. Even if it means i have to sacrifice the small details that i want on the game :(

#12 Posted by Funkydupe (3312 posts) -

More maps will be added, at least we can be confident of that to happen. The Back to Karkand stuff will probably be good. Karkand was one of my favorite maps from BF2.

#13 Posted by hoossy (932 posts) -

@Seppli:

But it ain't like 24 player console play!!!! Ohhhhhh Buddy! Limited map sizes Batman!

#14 Posted by Dyslexicon (14 posts) -

I wish I had it for PC. Why? Not the superior graphics, 64 players, or any other reason you can think of. I'm going with control. For some reason the stick sensitivity is absolutely terrible. This is coming from a guy with a skill rank of 194 and a 3.2 kdr in BFBC2 on PS3. I'm not saying I'm great at the game, I'm saying I've played enough shooter to know how the response should be from the sticks. This game's a mess. I have spent 12 hours in multiplayer and I'm still going to the pause menu between matches to tweak the sensitivity... and it does nothing. .. . bleh.

#15 Posted by olegyef (24 posts) -

I really like the game but i have to agree that some of the maps are not very fun. Also playing a 64 player game with out voice chat drives me insane, as its really hard to coordinate with the squad.

#16 Posted by Seppli (10251 posts) -

@RsistncE said:

From what I've experienced, the maps are a mix of awesomeness and complete shit. 64 player conquest on Damavand Valley is fucking terrible.

I actually like Demavend quite a bit. The secret lies in the two choppers.

#17 Posted by Seppli (10251 posts) -

Definitely love Seine Crossing and Teheran Highway the most for CQ 64. The jet maps are quite good too, but I'm still way too pre-occupied with getting any one of the control schemes to work properly for me - I just can't enjoy them yet. Somehow didn't manage to get a round on Grand Bazar yet, but if it's anything like Seine Crossing, I'm so in!

#18 Posted by emergency (1193 posts) -

I agree, it seems like this game has some great multiplayer to offer and some good maps to play it on. People are far too critical and will shout from the rooftops when a few small things aren't right, proclaiming that it's the worst thing ever. The game is still very enjoyable.

#19 Edited by Three0neFive (2288 posts) -

Caspian Border, Operation Firestorm and Kharg Island are the only maps that aren't a complete clusterfuck on Conquest 64. The rest feel like they were designed for a completely different game.

I'm still loving the fuck out of it despite the maps, though.

#20 Posted by Xcessive (109 posts) -

Arrgg, this game has issues. Deeply seeded within its engine

#21 Posted by AhmadMetallic (18955 posts) -
@withateethuh said:

I absolutely love the map design for the most part. Most of the maps feel like they're just the right size for 64 players so that there's plenty of space to move and flank but that infantry combat is actually focused and fun. The rush layout is pretty fantastic too. They really outdid themselves for the most part. There's such a strong sense of quality and effort I haven't seen in a multiplayer fps for a long time.

Wish I had your opinion.. You sound very satisfied. Kudos.

@Funkydupe said:

More maps will be added, at least we can be confident of that to happen. The Back to Karkand stuff will probably be good. Karkand was one of my favorite maps from BF2.

Already confirmed to have less flags, set up in the new conquest fashion, and out-of-bounds enemy bases. Sorry to shit on your B2K hope, someone shat on mine :P
#22 Posted by Ping5000 (385 posts) -

CQ64:

Damavand Peak. My god. Who thought this was okay?

Operation Metro. My god. Who thought this was okay?

Seine Crossing. It's... okay. You only have like three ways to get to the bridges from spawn. It gets to be a horrendous clusterfuck when those are locked down, which is easy.

Kharg Island. I like it.

Caspian Border. Probably the best CQ map in the game.

Operation Firestorm. Probably the best CQ map in the game. One of these two.

Grand Bazaar. Lots of ways to move around and flank, but most just sit back on each end of the roads firing each other. I don't really enjoy it.

Tehran Highway. Pretty sweet, I dig it.

Some of these maps obviously weren't built for CQ at all, which just seems like a backwards of developing a game like this. If they built it as a CQ space, it would be easier to adapt the map for Rush and other modes, instead of vice versa. Case in point. Damavand Peak, Operation Metro. So obviously built with only Rush in mind and then tacked on with CQ after finishing the map.

#23 Posted by White (1332 posts) -

The only map that matters is Damavand Peak on Rush, attacking the last base.

No other map or section in the game can supercede multiplayer sky diving.

That is all.

#24 Edited by JudgeDread (571 posts) -

id rather have 4 more MP maps than the sad excuse for SP that they felt was needed for the console kiddies/COD-boys. Though I enjoyed the Mirrors Edge references in the tutorial level.

#25 Edited by Seppli (10251 posts) -

@Three0neFive said:

Caspian Border, Operation Firestorm and Kharg Island are the only maps that aren't a complete clusterfuck on Conquest 64. The rest feel like they were designed for a completely different game. I'm still loving the fuck out of it despite the maps, though.

What's wrong with Teheran Highway and Seine Crossing in CQ 64. I find them excellent. So much action, though the flow is far from being stuck - there's just so many ways and angles. Pressure will always find a way.

#26 Posted by Funkydupe (3312 posts) -

I'm having fun so far. I don't see the point of having all flags that close together but still, action-packed stuff and overall its enjoyable. I'm terrible at this game by the way. Dying a lot. :)

#27 Posted by Funkydupe (3312 posts) -

@AhmadMetallic: Well, Ok as long as you're sorry.

#28 Posted by Jackel2072 (2239 posts) -

personally i love Seine Crossing. its so hectic and nuts.

#29 Posted by kiwi_whisker (125 posts) -

Metro is terrible, but I'm liking the rest so far - I need to get some more play time in. The good thing about this game, is that it can hopefully be a slower burn. BFBC2 had some really good legs on it for multiplayer, you could pick up a game instantly a year after launch! (at least on PC)

Now, can I just say that everyone else has better guns than me. EVERYONE!

I havent even opened the Karkand maps yet, is anyone playing those?

#30 Posted by Seppli (10251 posts) -

@kiwi_whisker said:

Metro is terrible, but I'm liking the rest so far - I need to get some more play time in. The good thing about this game, is that it can hopefully be a slower burn. BFBC2 had some really good legs on it for multiplayer, you could pick up a game instantly a year after launch! (at least on PC)

Now, can I just say that everyone else has better guns than me. EVERYONE!

I havent even opened the Karkand maps yet, is anyone playing those?

Karkand isn't released yet. Bet they'll wait for 2-4 weeks to get a second wind on sales.

As for guns, since you unlock weapon accessories by kills with each specific weapon, any weapon will get competitive really fast. It's like 10 kills to the first optics attachement and not much more 'til you have a well-rounded fully pimped gun. A perfectly customumized starter gun is just as deadly as any other gun. No need to worry.

#31 Posted by RsistncE (4496 posts) -

@Seppli said:

@RsistncE said:

I actually like Demavend quite a bit. The secret lies in the two choppers.

Yeah the problem is that they take forever to spawn if they get taken out, which is REALLY easy to do with stingers since they aren't the fastest helicopters around...

#32 Edited by zaglis (909 posts) -
@AhmadMetallic said:

@Funkydupe said:

Already confirmed to have less flags, set up in the new conquest fashion, and out-of-bounds enemy bases. Sorry to shit on your B2K hope, someone shat on mine :P
Oh cool. So DICE has set its sights to ruin absolutely EVERYTHING?

@Ping5000

said:

CQ64:

Damavand Peak. My god. Who thought this was okay?

Operation Metro. My god. Who thought this was okay?

Seine Crossing. It's... okay. You only have like three ways to get to the bridges from spawn. It gets to be a horrendous clusterfuck when those are locked down, which is easy.

Kharg Island. I like it.

Caspian Border. Probably the best CQ map in the game.

Operation Firestorm. Probably the best CQ map in the game. One of these two.

Grand Bazaar. Lots of ways to move around and flank, but most just sit back on each end of the roads firing each other. I don't really enjoy it.

Tehran Highway. Pretty sweet, I dig it.

Some of these maps obviously weren't built for CQ at all, which just seems like a backwards of developing a game like this. If they built it as a CQ space, it would be easier to adapt the map for Rush and other modes, instead of vice versa. Case in point. Damavand Peak, Operation Metro. So obviously built with only Rush in mind and then tacked on with CQ after finishing the map.

So, in essence, BF3 has like 4 playable maps? I'd say a bit of an downgrade from BF2 out of the box 12 masterfully crafted levels with 3 different variation sizes depending on the player count.
#33 Posted by thornie_delete (436 posts) -

There is no way they play tested Metro on a CQ 64 mode and thought it was OK. I've said it before to others while in game, it's a fucking joke. The only thing it's good for is spamming point with ammo/health pack drops. The whole map is spent shooting at the escalators with NO way to flank to the outside of the city. At least the other maps give some sort of flanking option, even if they aren't all that great (the side doors through the tunnel on Demevand Peak).

#34 Posted by SpencerTucksen (423 posts) -
@Seppli said:

Dude - all the whining and complaining and generally being petty bitches about this or that detail or circumstance. Are you guys serious?

Seine Crossing CQ 64 - now that's so insanely epic, I cannot fathom how anyone isn't over the moon who's got a taste of that! Teheran Highway? Dude! Kharg Island Rush? Oh brother!

These maps are so chock-full of angles to play, it's essentially limitless again. A far cry from the restrictive map design of BF:BC 2. So good, it tastes like chicken!

Seine Cross is my favorite to play. Especially when there are guys trying to camp the buildings, and I run in and collect myself some dog tags. Best feeling ever.
#35 Posted by big_jon (5710 posts) -

I can honestly say that this game is pretty massed up in more than a few ways, it bums me out.

I think Badcompany 2 was a better more polished game.

#36 Posted by ShaggyDude (136 posts) -

@Buneroid: Hey Squad mate! I'm ShaggyTaco! I had a blast last night! Conquest on Caspian Border was quite epic.

#37 Posted by Funkydupe (3312 posts) -

@thornie said:

There is no way they play tested Metro on a CQ 64 mode and thought it was OK. I've said it before to others while in game, it's a fucking joke. The only thing it's good for is spamming point with ammo/health pack drops. The whole map is spent shooting at the escalators with NO way to flank to the outside of the city. At least the other maps give some sort of flanking option, even if they aren't all that great (the side doors through the tunnel on Demevand Peak).

Yeah. Every Conquest map needs to have room for flanking and preferably flags far apart so that logistics and carpooling factors in.

#38 Posted by Zatoichi_Sanjuro (945 posts) -

I can already seen the Karkand Pack maps being edited to make them as shit as possible.

#39 Posted by Buneroid (428 posts) -

@ShaggyDude:

Hey what's up haha. It was fun :P

#40 Posted by Funkydupe (3312 posts) -

@Zatoichi_Sanjuro: I hope not. What would be the point in "bringing back the legendary maps from BF2" if they edited them too much. You're right though.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.