EA will officially unveil Battlefield 3 at GDC 2011 (March 1st)

#1 Posted by Seppli (11233 posts) -

IGN got word...

...that EA will officially unveil Battlefield 3 at GDC 2011 on the first of March.

Good news everyone. Battlefield's finally gonna drop trousers and show its junk to the world! No doubt it's gonna be a big fucking gun! Looking forward to see Frostbite 2.0 in action.
#2 Posted by KaosAngel (14251 posts) -

Wont matter.  DICE doesn't care about PC users...despite PC users doing all the work for Vietnam.  :|

#4 Posted by Bucketdeth (8233 posts) -

Didn't they use Frostbite 2.0 for BC2?

#5 Posted by Pie (7214 posts) -
@KaosAngel said:
" Wont matter.  DICE doesn't care about PC users...despite PC users doing all the work for Vietnam.  :| "
A new "most stupid thing said by KaosAngel"?
#6 Posted by canucks23 (1079 posts) -

I'm hoping for something mind blowing. This is Battlefield 3, not Bad Company 3. I'm still disappointed it's not a PC exclusive, and i'm not even a big pc gamer. I totally understand why it's coming to consoles though.

#7 Posted by KaosAngel (14251 posts) -
@Pie said:
" A new "most stupid thing said by KaosAngel"? "
Pie, you wanna bet BF2 isn't going to have 64 at a minimum, jets, and the commander commands?  :|   

If we follow what DICE said about BC2 for PC being built as it's own, then I am not excited...hell PC didn't even get BF1943.  DICE cares more about the 360 and PS3 than the PC, and that is a fact.
#8 Posted by Seppli (11233 posts) -
@Bucketdeth said:
" Didn't they use Frostbite 2.0 for BC2? "
Nay. That was Frostbite 1.5. Frostbite 2.0 is fully optimized for DX11, thus BF3 on PC won't support DX9 and Windows XP and will greatly profit from running a 64bit Windows 7 and a DX11 card. The German PC Mag 'Gamestar' did a special about Frostbite 2.0 recently. Sounds mighty impressive to me.

Here's a google translation of their feature.
#9 Posted by raiz265 (2243 posts) -

So on March 1st I will decide between Red Orchestra 2 and Battlefield 3 I guess.

#10 Posted by benjaebe (2870 posts) -

Damn, can't wait for more info on that. Here's to hoping that it'll have more in common with BF2 or 2142 than the Bad Company series.

#11 Posted by MetalMoog (969 posts) -

Oh Battlefield 3. So excited for this.

#12 Posted by Bollard (6318 posts) -

Here's hoping it isn't just BC in disguise.

#13 Posted by billnyethesciencepie (1538 posts) -

seems counter intuitive

#14 Posted by TomA (2787 posts) -

If this isn't like Battlefield 2 i'm going to DICE's headquarters and blowing it up.

#15 Posted by zudthespud (3326 posts) -

This is going to be interesting. I might build a new PC based on the specs of this.

#16 Posted by Hero_Swe (1259 posts) -
@TomA said:
"If this isn't like Battlefield 2 i'm going to DICE's headquarters and blowing it up. "

you and me both pal, you and me both.
#17 Posted by MikkaQ (10296 posts) -

This is the one game that can get me to want a gaming PC.  

Also, why announce anything at GDC? Who follows that, other than the really hardcore?

#18 Posted by TwoOneFive (9787 posts) -

who knows it could look amazing

#19 Posted by FrankCanada97 (4187 posts) -

This makes me sad I haven't upgraded my PC in 5 years, the last time a PC Battlefield came out.

#20 Posted by Sulla (50 posts) -

Another Battlefield is always a reason to be excited. Hopefully it will be a true sequel to BF2 (not that I didn't like Bad Company 2)

#21 Posted by KaosAngel (14251 posts) -

I heard this game will have next-gen technology that lets you go prone.  

#22 Posted by Jayross (2647 posts) -

They have been hyping up the game quite a bit on the dev's twitter accounts...

#23 Posted by AhmadMetallic (19303 posts) -
@raiz265 said:
" So on March 1st I will decide between Red Orchestra 2 and Battlefield 3 I guess. "
on March 1st im gonna know whether im gonna wake up the next day or be found over-dozed.  

@Hero_Swe said:
" @TomA said:
"If this isn't like Battlefield 2 i'm going to DICE's headquarters and blowing it up. "
you and me both pal, you and me both. "
count me the FUCK in, guys. 

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.