Eurogamer gets confused. Thinks Camero sports cars are in BF3.

#1 Posted by Metal_Mills (3033 posts) -

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2011-08-18-pc-battlefield-3-camaros-on-day-one

The PC version of Battlefield 3 will have Camaros - vintage Chevrolet sports cars used as special forces cars in Battlefield 2: Modern Combat - at launch, DICE has revealed.

"After the massive feedback from everyone in the community, we are putting in the Camaros as well, on PC," DICE general manager Karl Magnus Troedsson told Gaming Lives.

"It's going to come in very hot, but it is in the plan to get that done for day one."

PC users will also benefit from a deeper Battlelog system than on console. Battlelog tracks your statistical progress in Battlefield 3 and shares it as you play.

"We want console gamers to preferably play the game on your consoles with that [Battlelog on PC] next to you," said Troedsson. "You can keep your real-time stats coming up on your webpage."

"However, there will of course be a version of Battlelog inside the console. The feature that we call the Battlefeed," he explaied, stating that this will track and share things like ranking up and unlocking things.

"That will be in there with the whole defence management system."

"But if you really want to dig deep into the features that are in Battlelog," he added, "then you have to go to the web."

Battlefield 3 is one of the main attractions at German games show Gamescom 2011 this week. Eurogamer has nominated it as one of the Games of the Show.

Hahahaha. Really? It's the commo-rose they are talking about.

#2 Posted by Jimbo (9931 posts) -

Smooth.

#3 Posted by Vodun (2370 posts) -

Where's @Ahmad_Metallic? he's gonna be pissed they're putting in sports cars instead!

#4 Posted by AhmadMetallic (18954 posts) -

Hahahaha i JUST saw that and wanted to post it on the Commo Rose thread 
 that's too funny man!  

(To those who don't understand: DICE confirmed a multiplayer feature called "commo rose" for BF3, Eurogamer thought they confirmed "camaros" - camaro cars)

#5 Posted by Pezen (1656 posts) -
#6 Edited by cap123 (2477 posts) -
#7 Edited by CptBedlam (4454 posts) -

Article is gone, here's a pic:

http://www.abload.de/img/commorosefj44.png

#8 Posted by rmanthorp (4043 posts) -

Shoddy Journalism.

#9 Posted by RIDEBIRD (1233 posts) -

So, so good. I screencapped it.

#10 Posted by Sogeman (874 posts) -

Article is still there, with an update.

#11 Posted by AhmadMetallic (18954 posts) -
#12 Posted by scarace360 (4828 posts) -
#13 Posted by Jimbo (9931 posts) -

@Rufi91 said:

Shoddy Journalism.

haha

#14 Posted by Azteck (7449 posts) -

That is absolutely fantastic.

#15 Posted by Rolyatkcinmai (2699 posts) -

Battlefield 2: Armoured Fury had a sports car.

Funny shit though.

#16 Posted by rmanthorp (4043 posts) -

I actually can't stop laughing at this. This is fucking hilarious.

#17 Posted by Jadeskye (4368 posts) -

Man thats shoddy. does no one at eurogamer play first person shooters?

#18 Posted by MaFoLu (1859 posts) -

I hope DICE will put in a Camaro in the game now.

I don't care how many hoops they'll have to go through to get the license, they have to do it.

#19 Posted by Arker101 (1474 posts) -

Yeah, it actually would be great if the civilian cars were back. Too bad you can't do this in Battlefield 3.

I would take a Camaro over the Commo rose any day.
#20 Posted by cyber_nicco (3 posts) -

Camero?
#21 Posted by Vexxan (4623 posts) -

"After the massive feedback from everyone in the community, we are putting in the Camaros as well, on PC,"

How the hell did they not react to this? Did they seriously think the BF community ached for Camaros?

#22 Posted by big_jon (5770 posts) -

It seems like European press are always making stupid mistakes like this.

#23 Posted by sizu (391 posts) -
@big_jon said:
It seems like European press are always making stupid mistakes like this.
Hardly

EG is one if the best Brit gaming sites out there.  Plus they can laugh at themselves when they make such a classic fuck up such as this.
#24 Posted by Zatoichi_Sanjuro (945 posts) -

Eurogamer has been going down in quality a lot recently, most of it down to this idiot, Robert Purchase.

#25 Posted by Intro (1211 posts) -

Whoever wrote that... just nevermind.

#26 Posted by Tim_the_Corsair (3065 posts) -

My favourite songs in Rockband are by Bang Commorose

#27 Edited by JP_Russell (1173 posts) -
@Vegsen said:

"After the massive feedback from everyone in the community, we are putting in the Camaros as well, on PC,"

How the hell did they not react to this? Did they seriously think the BF community ached for Camaros?

Forget that, how did they read "commo rose," and think "Well, that doesn't make any sense - it must just be Swedish people being Swedish.  Obviously, obviously, they mean Camaros.  Clearly.  Silly Swedish people."
#28 Posted by AuthenticM (3786 posts) -

@Rufi91 said:

Shoddy Journalism.

:)

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.