FAMAS Iron Sights

#1 Posted by Guided_By_Tigers (8061 posts) -

What the hell is up with this guns iron sights? When you look down the sights it blocks your whole vision and you have a tiny hole to look through where you can barely see anything. Guess I'll be using the ACOG scope until I unlock RDS and Holographic.....do you guys think this gun has the worst iron sight in the game?

#2 Posted by Jackel2072 (2279 posts) -

most of the the new guns are like that. the G35 and MG36 both have shitty iron sights. 

#3 Posted by Korosuzo (177 posts) -

@Unknown_Pleasures: worst iron sight weapon I've experienced so far...had better luck getting up close and firing from the hip for my 10 kills.

#4 Posted by Korolev (1727 posts) -

Yes a lot of the Iron sights on the guns are pretty terrible. Take heart in the knowledge that we only have to put up with them for a few kills before we get the optical attachments. Although... I honestly hate ACOG almost as much as the iron sights.

#5 Posted by big_jon (5788 posts) -

MG36 doesn't have iron sights....

#6 Posted by Guided_By_Tigers (8061 posts) -

@Korolev: Yeah I hate the ACOG too but its better than having most of my view completely blocked.

#7 Posted by 137 (481 posts) -

I literally will sneak up on people with the famas knowing there is no chance I will miss when I start shooting lol

#8 Posted by Ragnar (97 posts) -

The messed up thing is that it's totally accurate to the real gun. I don't know how I would feel being given that weapon knowing my life would depend upon it.

#9 Posted by Liber (648 posts) -

Shoot from the hip till you get enough kills for a different scope.

#10 Posted by ChillyUK7 (278 posts) -

I do best with iron sights that allow you to see above the gun like the AEK/VAL, although saying that i've been doing well with the L85A2 iron sights, it looks badass with a Holographic as well.

#11 Posted by Skald (4370 posts) -

Take the scope off the Chinese sniper rifle.

Those iron sights are pretty bad.

#12 Posted by Sooty (8082 posts) -

The AEK and A-91 are like the only guns where I like the ironsights enough to use them unscoped.

#13 Posted by Clonedzero (4196 posts) -

yeah, i gave up trying to use the sights and just hipfired till i unlocked the acog for it lol

#14 Posted by Guided_By_Tigers (8061 posts) -

Well now that I have the holographic sight I absolutely love this gun.....easily my favorite assault rifle and I already got the first service star for it.

#15 Posted by MikeGosot (3227 posts) -
@Unknown_Pleasures said:

Well now that I have the holographic sight I absolutely love this gun.....easily my favorite assault rifle and I already got the first service star for it.

It's amazing how an ironsight can fuck a gun.
#16 Posted by Raineko (431 posts) -

I didn't have much problems, hip fire is pretty strong in this game if your opponent is closer than 8 meters, so you can unlock something else pretty fast.

#17 Posted by Midjet (136 posts) -

I feel like one of those gay children support ads but... It gets better, much better! The FAMAS is basically the best close to mid range rifle you can use because it has a great rate of fire like the F2000. Throw a Kobra sight on it and you're golden.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.