Final Game Night On GB's Battlefield 3 Server

#1 Posted by Akrid (1356 posts) -

That's right - the Giant Bomb Official Server for BF3 will finally meet it's end this month on the 25th - exactly 1 year since the launch of BF3. It's been a long road. LAVs were flipped, knife-fights were had, stand-offs were screwed up, the GB hub was founded, but unfortunately the game has passed it's vogue in the eyes of the Giant Bomb community, and so it's time for it to come to a close. Much thanks to for bankrolling the server for so long and for doing such a stellar job managing the server. And of course, so much thanks as well to those who have donated to keep the server up and running over it's year-long lifespan.

Events for the upcoming expansions will still be scheduled on the Hub steam group, however, we will not have the privilege of having a server at our disposal.

But enough eulogy - we've still got a bit left in us!

This Saturday, 5PM EST (10PM GMT). The password to the server will be: Basketball

We'll all be hopping on the server for one last chance to get in a game full to the brim of friendly duders!

If you would like to be reminded of this info, join the GB PC Gaming Hub steam group and we'll notify you through Steam on Saturday.

#2 Posted by Xyber (292 posts) -

Count me in!

#3 Posted by roughneck117 (186 posts) -

O MAI GWAD!!!!! O MAI GWAD!!!!! O MAI GWAD!!!!!

Im hyperventilating here. This is sooooo sad...sadfacesymbol.

Hold me guis, hold me.

#4 Posted by Casey25 (138 posts) -

aww man, i JUST got bf3, i would have loved to join this server earlier if i could have. Oh well, ill try to be there. Look out for InfiniteDakka raining bullets in the general direction of the enemy / red dorito icons.

#5 Posted by Eribuster (479 posts) -

Ah, we had a good run. I assume it will mostly be vanilla maps to accommodate the most players?

#6 Posted by mosdl (3228 posts) -

@Eribuster said:

Ah, we had a good run. I assume it will mostly be vanilla maps to accommodate the most players?

We will only be running Metro 64 conquest of course!

#7 Posted by Patchcoat (132 posts) -

@Akrid: Ahh, sorry to hear that. I've been a member of the clan since day one and have always tried to join up with you guys on scheduled runs. We've had some pretty good games and the server made those awesome BF3 TNTs possible. But yeah, a big shout-out to you, @AhmadMetallic

#8 Posted by Akrid (1356 posts) -

@Eribuster said:

Yeah, it'll be vanilla.

@Patchcoat said:

@Akrid: Ahh, sorry to hear that. I've been a member of the clan since day one and have always tried to join up with you guys on scheduled runs. We've had some pretty good games and the server made those awesome BF3 TNTs possible. But yeah, a big shout-out to you, @AhmadMetallic

Thanks man, I've appreciated your support of the server over the past 12 months. Had a lot of fun playing with you!

#9 Posted by Bollard (5203 posts) -

@Akrid said:

@Eribuster said:

Yeah, it'll be vanilla.

I'm there.

#10 Posted by VIGGO123 (552 posts) -

Shame to see it go, but I have to admit that the game has grown quite stale, so I understand this decision. Looking forward to getting together for some shenanigans one last time.

#11 Posted by GS_Dan (1401 posts) -

Let's send it out with a bang

#12 Posted by Rhombus_Of_Terror (2088 posts) -

Alright, I'm down. It's been a long while so I'll be rusty once again but I can't miss this.

#13 Posted by Swoxx (2988 posts) -

I'd also like to thank everyone who joined us on the server and to the members of the PC Gaming Hub in general, you guys make the work we put in worth it!

I'll see you on the battlefield for one last hoorah!

#14 Posted by Akrid (1356 posts) -

@Swoxx said:

I'd also like to thank everyone who joined us on the server and to the members of the PC Gaming Hub in general, you guys make the work we put in worth it!

Oh yeah, that too!!

#15 Posted by swamplord666 (1757 posts) -

:( I will be there of course! it's marked on the calendar and I look forward to seeing you all on there!

#16 Posted by JJOR64 (18888 posts) -

If this is still going when I get off work, I might hop on. Haven't played much of the game at all.

#17 Posted by Colourful_Hippie (4328 posts) -

I'll try to make it!

#18 Posted by Grimmy616 (395 posts) -

I will try to make it as well

GOIN OUT WITH A BANG

#19 Posted by Akrid (1356 posts) -

@Grimmy616 said:

I will try to make it as well

GOIN OUT WITH A BANG

You don't even have Battlefield.

#20 Posted by ZagZagovich (753 posts) -

Sad to hear. I just got ability to play with you guys back but I'm on it for sure. Don't have any dlc though...

#21 Posted by AhmadMetallic (18955 posts) -

That's a shame

#22 Posted by crazyleaves (636 posts) -

Is this happening? I'm ready to go, the password doesn't work!?

#24 Posted by believer258 (11563 posts) -

Goddamn it, my Battlefield 3 needs to be redownloaded due to computer problems I had a week ago.

#25 Posted by FilipHolm (667 posts) -

But it's the 21st?

#26 Posted by mosdl (3228 posts) -

And that..was battlefield 3.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.