GameInformer interview: Building Battlefield 3

#1 Posted by AhmadMetallic (18954 posts) -

Here's a video interview (2 videos) about Building Battlefield 3 + DICE's philosophy   

The highlights of it for me were the fact that the Bad Company series didnt give the PC what it deserves because they were the first games using the 1.5 version of engine and DICE felt like experimenting with it in a BF-offshoot was a good decision before applying it to a  proper PC-based game.. so i guess Bad Company 1 not having a PC version is forgivable 
 Also i love how they're so dedicated to quality and to enjoying the work they do! 

The view from their office is fucking amazing btw, here's a screenshot :  

Thoughts ?
#2 Posted by FourWude (2261 posts) -

My thoughts are that Battlefield 3 is.... generic.

GEN.....ERIC.

Generic looking harbour. Generic looking building. Generic looking man sitting on a semi-generic sofa.

#3 Posted by PhatSeeJay (3322 posts) -
@FourWude said:
"

GEN.....ERIC.

Generic looking harbour. Generic looking building. Generic looking man sitting on a semi-generic sofa.

"
Uh huh. Because Sweden look generic to you? Right.
#4 Posted by onarum (2162 posts) -

@Ahmad_Metallic: You're for BF3 what KaosAngel was for GT5 :P

But yeah I'm also ridiculously excited for this game, I hope it turns out good.

#5 Posted by AhmadMetallic (18954 posts) -
@onarum said:
" @Ahmad_Metallic: You're for BF3 what KaosAngel was for GT5 :P "
wow, that bad ? 
fine i'll quit it ..
#6 Posted by FourWude (2261 posts) -
@PhatSeeJay said:
" @FourWude said:
"

GEN.....ERIC.

"
Uh huh. Because Sweden look generic to you? Right. "
Sweden's a pretty generic country.
#7 Posted by Jayross (2365 posts) -

They can talk, but the fact is that they already said "no" to mod tools.

#8 Posted by Seppli (10251 posts) -
@FourWude said:
"

GEN.....ERIC.

"
Actually, Battlefield is original.

ORI...GINAL!

Original Technology. Original Design. Original Gameplay.
#9 Posted by FourWude (2261 posts) -
@Seppli said:
" @FourWude said:
"

GEN.....ERIC.

"
Actually, Battlefield is original.  ORI...GINAL!  Original Technology. Original Design. Original Gameplay. "

It might have been original if this was 2005, but last time I checked it was 2011, and it ain't original anymore.

Dontbemadbra!

#10 Posted by Seppli (10251 posts) -
@FourWude: 

You've seen nothing yet. Neither have I. You'll see innovation on March 1st. The kind that's gonna make your head explode.
#11 Posted by AhmadMetallic (18954 posts) -
@FourWude:  um yeah hi why dont you go play somewhere else ?
#12 Posted by MikkaQ (10321 posts) -

Hey, the hostel I used while visiting stockholm is RIGHT behind that guy. It's a boat hostel, it was really cool.  

I nerded out hardcore when I spotted the DICE building right across the harbor. It really stands out amongst the other buildings in the area. Aaah makes we want to visit Sweden again!

#13 Posted by PhatSeeJay (3322 posts) -
@XII_Sniper said:
" Hey, the hostel I used while visiting stockholm is RIGHT behind that guy. It's a boat hostel, it was really cool.   I nerded out hardcore when I spotted the DICE building right across the harbor. It really stands out amongst the other buildings in the area. Aaah makes we want to visit Sweden again! "
Yeah that's a nice hostel, for a boat. Slept there when touring the game developers in Stockholm. Amazing trip.
#14 Posted by MikkaQ (10321 posts) -
@PhatSeeJay said:
" @XII_Sniper said:
" Hey, the hostel I used while visiting stockholm is RIGHT behind that guy. It's a boat hostel, it was really cool.   I nerded out hardcore when I spotted the DICE building right across the harbor. It really stands out amongst the other buildings in the area. Aaah makes we want to visit Sweden again! "
Yeah that's a nice hostel, for a boat. Slept there when touring the game developers in Stockholm. Amazing trip. "
What that for professional reasons, or are you just a stalker? 

My only complaint was well... you can't exactly air condition a boat easily, and it was the middle of summer. Got real hot in there. 
#15 Posted by PhatSeeJay (3322 posts) -
@XII_Sniper said:
" @PhatSeeJay said:
" @XII_Sniper said:
Yeah that's a nice hostel, for a boat. Slept there when touring the game developers in Stockholm. Amazing trip. "
What that for professional reasons, or are you just a stalker?  My only complaint was well... you can't exactly air condition a boat easily, and it was the middle of summer. Got real hot in there.  "
Study visits actually. Dice was one of the companies.
#16 Posted by ZombiePie (5713 posts) -

Alright everyone needs to calm down and be a lot more civil about discussing this game. Publishing relevant information about this upcoming game is fine and if you don't like it then don't post on these threads.

#17 Posted by Jayross (2365 posts) -
@ZombiePie
Alright everyone needs to calm down and be a lot more civil about discussing this game. Publishing relevant information about this upcoming game is fine and if you don't like it then don't post on these threads.
Did you just say we aren't allowed to post negative thoughts about the game?
#18 Posted by FourWude (2261 posts) -
@ZombiePie said:
" Alright everyone needs to calm down and be a lot more civil about discussing this game. Publishing relevant information about this upcoming game is fine and if you don't like it then don't post on these threads. "
My posts, my beautiful posts which owned this whole thread have been pulled down. 
#19 Posted by amir90 (2175 posts) -

Swedish "English", luv it.

Also, Sweden ain't generic :D

#20 Posted by jmrwacko (2443 posts) -
@Jayross said:
" @ZombiePie
Did you just say we aren't allowed to post negative thoughts about the game? "
No, he said if you don't like posting or discussing relevant information about BF3 then don't post on the threads.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.