Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Battlefield 3

Game » consists of 15 releases. Released Oct 25, 2011

Battlefield 3 is DICE's third numerical installment in the Battlefield franchise. It features a single player and co-operative campaign, as well as an extensive multiplayer component.

Gamespy interview about upcoming BF3 Patch.

mikemcn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#1  Edited By mikemcn

Gamespy put up an interview today about what post launch support for BF3 will look like, as well as some info about what the upcoming patch will look like. Some Highlights include...

GameSpy: One of the longest threads on the BF3 forums at the moment regards the IRNV scope, which many say is incredibly overpowered. Is this something Dice is aware of, and are looking to change? Why was it altered from the beta version, which wasn't so useful?

Karl Magnus Troedsson: Based on player feedback, we have made some tweaks to the IRNV scope to make it more balanced with the rest of the accessories in the game. The change is planned to go into a future update of Battlefield 3, and we will have more details on this update at a later date. In general, balance issues are always a hot topic for a game that attracts competitive players. We take all balance feedback very seriously, and we strive to make sure that when we make any change it is always an improvement to the overall game. This means being very careful when we make changes so we don't over react. Battlefield 3 is a living game, and we intend to support it with balance and technical updates.
    GameSpy: Many are claiming that the much-requested Commo Rose and chat window feel like they were put in at the last minute on the PC, and are both basically unusable. Will Dice be improving these at all, and if so how and when?

Karl Magnus Troedsson: We are listening to the feedback from the community, and we are looking into how we can keep evolving and improving a large number of features in Battlefield 3. The user interface is one of those items.

IRNV scopes being changed is very promising, we already know taclights are being heavily modified (I love my flashlights though, so that upsets me.), but IRNV scopes are a continual problem in BF3 multiplayer, they're just too damn effective. And at least an acknowledgement that work could be done on the UI is encouraging.

bwmcmaste

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By bwmcmaste

@Mikemcn: Thanks for posting this.

Incidentally, I couldn't help but notice that the fellow from DICE was really pushing Battlelog.

vonFlampanker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By vonFlampanker

I've been intentionally playing with sights other than IRNV lately just to keep from being too dependent on them. I figure if I can use them, anyone else can and therefore it's not a huge deal.

Agreed that it's encouraging that they at least acknowledge the UI flubs, but damned if that's not the most slippery non-answer he could have possibly given. The UI problems continue to be my chief complaint.

And also another "thanks" for posting this.

mosdl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By mosdl

There was a twitter/forum update (can't find it right now) where a Dice person posted that he was working on chat/rose UI fixes, so I think that will definitely happen.

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By Seppli

@bwmcmaste said:

@Mikemcn: Thanks for posting this.

Incidentally, I couldn't help but notice that the fellow from DICE was really pushing Battlelog.

It IS pretty neat, once you get the hang of it. Stuff like easily seeing into a server's upcoming maps in rotation and specific rule settings before joining a server? That's pure gold. I'm quite often alt-tabbing into Battlelog during loading times to check on my stats, change tags and so forth. Though I probably have to upgrade to 8 GB of RAM, since my computer is not as reactive as I wish it was, whilst the client is running.

Definitely still long ways to go until I'm perfectly happy with Battlelog. Doing weapon, vehicle and camo customization out of Battlelog would be a much appreciated first step. Stuff like that.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.