GDC video leaked. Damn this game looks good.

#1 Edited by Metal_Mills (2980 posts) -
http://oron.com/5cmz7fnf0d8n/Battlefield3_GameplayGDC2011.hi.mp4.html

I uploaded it because it was taken down from the original site, plus it keeps getting killed on youtube although you might find it up there again if you prefer to stream it.

Highlights:

Earthquake rips ground apart.
Building collapses and hits a chopper. 
Prone in effect.  
Disarming a bomb.
Mounted Gun used.
Day/night cycle shown .
Quick montage featuring a player using tanks and jets, a city under attack, artillery and jumping off a mountain.

Edit: added a link to the higher quality version. Not a huge difference but a bit better.
#2 Posted by gamb1t (964 posts) -

IM WAY TO EXCITED I HAVE A MINUTE LEFT FROM THE DOWNLOAD OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH M G!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#3 Posted by gamb1t (964 posts) -

looks great. prob gunna be the best looking game to date once it comes out. 

makes me scared to think about how commander/squad/artillery is gunna be handled

#4 Posted by PhatSeeJay (3322 posts) -

Need more seede- Oh wait...

#5 Posted by easthill (351 posts) -

Painfully slow download....

#6 Posted by Metal_Mills (2980 posts) -
@easthill: Really? :\

I used that one because I get ok speeds with it...
#7 Posted by Jack268 (3387 posts) -
@Metal_Mills said:
" @easthill: Really? :\  I used that one because I get ok speeds with it... "
Well, it's good at building up the suspense :P I think mediafire is better but whatever man, I'm glad to watch it nonetheless. 
#8 Posted by easthill (351 posts) -

@Metal_Mills:  Dunno if it's because I'm in Norway, but I got about 30 kb/s. Can't wait to see it though - when it's finished in 12 minutes. :p

#9 Edited by PhatSeeJay (3322 posts) -

Cool stuff. Though I'm still too anxious to see more of the multiplayer to get overly excited. Already know the game looks Amazing but right now all I want to see is mutliplayer!

Also.. EFF mutliplayer.it for the teasing way they rolled out their logo when the presentation started. I saw "multiplayer" in the corner and went "awesome!" and then saw the ".it" folding in and went all "aaw.. *sad face*"

#10 Posted by Icemael (6312 posts) -

Very cool.

#11 Posted by buft (3301 posts) -

good job man, been trying to find it all day

#12 Posted by ryanwho (12082 posts) -

I don't think that was an earthquake. I think it was an aftershock caused by detonating a nuke underground. Like in Broken Arrow. Remember Broken Arrow? No? Why the hell do I?

#13 Posted by Mistzero (299 posts) -

here you go guys   

#14 Posted by NoCookiesForYou (756 posts) -

Great job Metal Mills, downloading that sweet delicious gameplay vid right now.

#15 Posted by easthill (351 posts) -

Cool shit, but I really don't care about singleplayer stuff. I want to see how the game plays in MP.  
God I hope there's no animation every time you drop a few feet, and every time you mount a machine gun - in multiplayer, that is.

#16 Posted by wefwefasdf (6729 posts) -

I wonder if I would get in trouble if I uploaded this to my YouTube account... Hmm.

#17 Posted by Seppli (10251 posts) -

Aw@Metal_Mills: 

Awesome find! Thx man.

#18 Posted by LeYcH (216 posts) -

Any other links? 
All I get is "  You have reached the download limit: 5000 Mb  "

#19 Posted by PhatSeeJay (3322 posts) -
#20 Edited by AhmadMetallic (18955 posts) -
Footage looks.. so.. awesome 
why doesnt Fall begin in March or April? lets change that ! who's with me ? 

@PhatSeeJay said:

" Need more seede- Oh wait... "

ahahahahahahaha xD 

@Jack268 said:

" @Metal_Mills said:

" @easthill: Really? :\  I used that one because I get ok speeds with it... "
Well, it's good at building up the suspense :P     "
is the puddle of pee underneath me an indicator of suspense? i think yes.
#21 Posted by Skald (4367 posts) -

A Battlefield game with weapon models/handling on par with, or possibly better than Call of Duty could rule the world.

#22 Posted by AhmadMetallic (18955 posts) -
@extremeradical said:
" A Battlefield game with weapon models/handling on par with, or possibly better than Call of Duty could rule the world. "
I, for one, welcome our old-new Battlefield overlords. 
#23 Posted by Mikewrestler5 (602 posts) -

I can't download it. 

Does it look and play as good as what they showed in the official gameplay trailer?

#24 Posted by LeYcH (216 posts) -
@Mikewrestler5 said:
" I can't download it.   Does it look and play as good as what they showed in the official gameplay trailer? "
If you can't download watch the stream that someone posted,  
thanks btw :P 
I love that earthquake!
#25 Posted by punkxblaze (2957 posts) -
FFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
#26 Posted by AhmadMetallic (18955 posts) -
@ryanwho said:
" I don't think that was an earthquake. I think it was an aftershock caused by detonating a nuke underground. Like in Broken Arrow. Remember Broken Arrow? No? Why the hell do I? "
i loved that movie as a kid 

@easthill said:
"God I hope there's no animation every time you drop a few feet, and every time you mount a machine gun - in multiplayer, that is. "
yeah that'd really suck =/
#27 Posted by Khann (2783 posts) -

Damn that is an impressive looking engine.

#28 Posted by ESREVER (2669 posts) -

If you don't feel like downloading it.
#29 Posted by mikeeegeee (1552 posts) -

As impressed as I was with the gameplay footage, the tech demo at the end blew me away just as much. Holy shit. Realism of effects is mind bottling.

#30 Posted by AhmadMetallic (18955 posts) -
@mikeeegeee said:

" Realism of effects is mind bottling. "

#31 Posted by big_jon (5709 posts) -

Tanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#32 Posted by JoelTGM (5596 posts) -

that looked great

#33 Posted by Mahonay (828 posts) -

For those of us with out a gaming rig I wonder how this is going to run on consoles.  Especially the 360.

#34 Posted by LostFlock (81 posts) -

God the game looks so fucking good! I cant wait for this game to come out.

#35 Posted by Dany (7887 posts) -

the openness of the....umm...battlefield was really suprising. Not a huge shooter fan but compared to Gears or COD, the wide area really seems appealing

#36 Posted by Sooty (8082 posts) -

One for the PC. Looks fucking great.

#37 Posted by ShiftyMagician (2129 posts) -

Even with the lack of quality from the cam, the earthquake (or aftershock) footage looked amazing and the snippets of parts of the game with the airplanes and tanks are enough to continue to remind me to upgrade my computer ASAP.

#38 Posted by Rudeboy217 (1766 posts) -

Now I'm interested.

#39 Posted by FirePrince (1763 posts) -

I hope this will have about the same requirements as Bad Company 2.I really want to run this on high graphical settings.
#40 Posted by AhmadMetallic (18955 posts) -
@ShiftyMagician said:
" Even with the lack of quality from the cam, the earthquake (or aftershock) footage looked amazing and the snippets of parts of the game with the airplanes and tanks are enough to continue to remind me to upgrade my computer ASAP. "
asap ? no no no my friend u got it all wrong 
you upgrade 1-2 months before BF3 is out, not as soon as possible ! 

you'll know the recommended system requirements by then, and the parts will be much cheaper than they are now !
#41 Posted by emem (1961 posts) -
@Mahonay said:
" For those of us with out a gaming rig I wonder how this is going to run on consoles.  Especially the 360. "
I'm sure they will make it work for everyone. And as long as you don't watch too much PC gameplay footage in high definition the difference of the picture quality won't bother anyone either.. well, if the game is great that is. :)
#42 Posted by ShiftyMagician (2129 posts) -
@Ahmad_Metallic said:
" @ShiftyMagician said:
" Even with the lack of quality from the cam, the earthquake (or aftershock) footage looked amazing and the snippets of parts of the game with the airplanes and tanks are enough to continue to remind me to upgrade my computer ASAP. "
asap ? no no no my friend u got it all wrong you upgrade 1-2 months before BF3 is out, not as soon as possible !  you'll know the recommended system requirements by then, and the parts will be much cheaper than they are now ! "
True, though I am dragging what most would consider an aged computer by now.  The graphics card is ok but a dual core with 2gb ram is not ideal anymore hehehe.  Upgrading to i7 sandy bridges eventually unless there is some new crazy CPU im unaware of, but I don't want to spend crazy amounts on one single part.
#43 Posted by Jayross (2365 posts) -

Hmm... it kinda sucks how the earthquake sequence took place when you were on a turret.

Actually, that whole mounted gun sequence looked weak. Seriously, mounted guns suck :/

#44 Posted by Nightlight (56 posts) -

Game looks awesome! thanks god I built a new PC not to long ago

#45 Edited by Mikemcn (6955 posts) -

Those guns have zero recoil. Prone confirmed though. Also at one point a group of soldiers jump off a snow covered mountain to escape what i can only assume to be an explosion. I really wish they'd stop showing off their generic as all hell singleplayer, WHERES THE IMPORTANT PART DICE?

#46 Posted by withateethuh (726 posts) -
@Mikemcn: The recoil is probably lower for single player in general. 
#47 Posted by AhmadMetallic (18955 posts) -
@Jayross said:

"  Actually, that whole mounted gun sequence looked weak. Seriously, mounted guns suck :/ "

yeah it kinda brought back bad memories.. 

#48 Edited by Ocean_H (290 posts) -
@ryanwho said:

" I don't think that was an earthquake. I think it was an aftershock caused by detonating a nuke underground. Like in Broken Arrow. Remember Broken Arrow? No? Why the hell do I? "

I don't think it's an earthquake neither as an earthquake produces a tremor in a generalized area that everyone feels at the same time in that specific area, same goes for an aftershock from an earthquake. Here you see a shockwave coming from the building direction going towards you and it looks more like it comes from an underground nuclear detonation. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.
#49 Posted by SammydesinasNL (840 posts) -

They're going to release this as trailers throughout the next month anyway.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.