Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Battlefield 3

Game » consists of 15 releases. Released Oct 25, 2011

Battlefield 3 is DICE's third numerical installment in the Battlefield franchise. It features a single player and co-operative campaign, as well as an extensive multiplayer component.

giant bomb battlefield 3 multiplayer list

johnzimmerman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 10

#1  Edited By johnzimmerman

for those of you looking to BF3 with other members, just post your name and system here.

I'll start,

360 GT: ciotog

swoxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By swoxx

Isn't this a tad early? Also, this thread is going to be a complete clusterfuck if it's for all platforms giving how many people will pick this up. Best of luck though

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#3  Edited By AhmadMetallic

This is quite early.. no one knows their BF3 IDs / Battlelog log-ins yet.  
    Not to mention that most of us are buying it for the PC, and you're dedicating this thread to the 360 version, which is why you should've stated so in the title at least..  

The PC game night will have it's own dedicated thread and steam group

HoM3R

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By HoM3R

@Ahmad_Metallic said:

and steam group

Wait what?

matthew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By matthew

@HoM3R said:

@Ahmad_Metallic said:

and steam group

Wait what?

Just mount and launch it from Steam.

SquadBroken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By SquadBroken
    @Matthew

@HoM3R said:

@Ahmad_Metallic said:

and steam group

Wait what?

From what I've heard the way battlelog works you may not be able to add it to steam
    AlexW00d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#7  Edited By AlexW00d

@SquadBroken said:

@Matthew

@HoM3R said:

@Ahmad_Metallic said:

and steam group

Wait what?

From what I've heard the way battlelog works you may not be able to add it to steam

We all usually converse pre-game (then Mumble/Ventrilo once in-game) using the Steam chat though, so the group still has meaning. Plus who is going to have Origin running to see notifications of events and such?

mikemcn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#8  Edited By mikemcn

@AlexW00d said:

@SquadBroken said:

@Matthew

@HoM3R said:

@Ahmad_Metallic said:

and steam group

Wait what?

We all usually converse pre-game (then Mumble/Ventrilo once in-game) using the Steam chat though, so the group still has meaning. Plus who is going to have Origin running to see notifications of events and such?

You can add Battlefield 3 to Steam, the .exe only opens up via battlelog, but once it opens, Steam Recognizes that your in the game, this worked in Alpha.

Just don't open up the Origin Overlay and the Steam Overlay at once, EVER!

DonPixel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By DonPixel

@Mikemcn said:

@AlexW00d said:

@SquadBroken said:

@Matthew

@HoM3R said:

@Ahmad_Metallic said:

and steam group

Wait what?

You can add Battlefield 3 to Steam, the .exe only opens up via battlelog, but once it opens, Steam Recognizes that your in the game, this worked in Alpha.

Really? it didn't worked for me. My experience with adding a non steam app to the steam library is that such app needs to be launch of from the library itself.

It happen to me in the alpha and with starcraft 2 clicking the desktop shortcut wont load the steam overlay, I had to go to library and launch it from there.

With the new battlefield heroes sever browser "battlelog" I don't see how can I link bf3 to steam.

infininja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By infininja

@DonPixel said:

@Mikemcn said:

@AlexW00d said:

@SquadBroken said:

@Matthew

@HoM3R said:

@Ahmad_Metallic said:

and steam group

Wait what?

Really? it didn't worked for me. My experience with adding a non steam app to the steam library is that such app needs to be launch of from the library itself.

It happen to me in the alpha and with starcraft 2 clicking the desktop shortcut wont load the steam overlay, I had to go to library and launch it from there.

With the new battlefield heroes sever browser "battlelog" I don't see how can I link bf3 to steam.

You can have the overlay in Battlefield Play4Free if you launch your browser from Steam. If you really need the overlay, there will probably be a way to do it.

As for Starcraft II, you would need to right click it in Steam and select create desktop shortcut. That creates a Steam shortcut that should launch it with the overlay.

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#11  Edited By AhmadMetallic
    @Infininja said:

@DonPixel said:

@Mikemcn said:

@AlexW00d said:

@SquadBroken said:

@Matthew

@HoM3R said:

@Ahmad_Metallic said:

and steam group

Wait what?

You can have the overlay in Battlefield Play4Free if you launch your browser from Steam. If you really need the overlay, there will probably be a way to do it.

As for Starcraft II, you would need to right click it in Steam and select create desktop shortcut. That creates a Steam shortcut that should launch it with the overlay.

The steam group's priority isn't to let us launch the game through steam and use the chat... We can use battlelog's chat now, or a 3rd party chat, chat isn't that important 

The steam group is for organizing the event, posting announcements etc..
    infininja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By infininja

It's still worth noting you can probably use the overlay.

Is a group already set up?

DonPixel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By DonPixel

@Ahmad_Metallic said:

The steam group's priority isn't to let us launch the game through steam and use the chat... We can use battlelog's chat now, or a 3rd party chat, chat isn't that important The steam group is for organizing the event, posting announcements etc..

Battlelog chat ? Dude gross!!

:) j/k

johnzimmerman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By johnzimmerman

i understand this could get messy, so this thread will focus on 360.

and no it's not too early, especially if you wanna play BFBC2 tune up matches.....

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.