Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Battlefield 3

Game » consists of 15 releases. Released Oct 25, 2011

Battlefield 3 is DICE's third numerical installment in the Battlefield franchise. It features a single player and co-operative campaign, as well as an extensive multiplayer component.

Good game, bad player

bitterninja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

Edited By bitterninja

Well, its official - I am terrible at battlefield 3. I don't know if the people I play against were born head-shotting people on the run or if its a talent that eludes me, whichever it is I am truly terrible at this game. What I lack in skill I makeup for with gusto though so hopefully that counts for something :)

bitterninja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By bitterninja

Well, its official - I am terrible at battlefield 3. I don't know if the people I play against were born head-shotting people on the run or if its a talent that eludes me, whichever it is I am truly terrible at this game. What I lack in skill I makeup for with gusto though so hopefully that counts for something :)

BlinkyTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By BlinkyTM

The laggy/crashing servers probably isn't helping. Also, the campers.

Still_I_Cry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3  Edited By Still_I_Cry

@bitterninja: Campers are not friendly to us not so serious FPS people :P

Also, Rambo.

Aetheldod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Aetheldod

Camping is a valid strategic way to battle :3
    Still_I_Cry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Still_I_Cry

@Aetheldod: Not if you're Rambo.

Deusx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Deusx

Don't worry, it's about practice. At first you're surely going to suck but as you learn how other players think, it will be much more fun. Also, play as a team. Don't just try killing others. Take objectives and pursue them. That way you'll get better in no time.

bitterninja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By bitterninja

thanks for the encouraging words, I keep going and try not to rambo too much so hopefully it will click soon.

daiphyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 4

#8  Edited By daiphyer

Yes. When I first started playing Bad Company 1, I hated it. For the first four hours I kept dying and dying. Til l started learning the game, tactics, and started getting better; then I became the number 1 player in my country, same for Bad Company 2.

What I am trying to say is, the game has a big learning curve, stick with it, and you will get better.

Vodun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#9  Edited By Vodun

@BlinkyTM said:

"Campers" wasn't even a valid complaint in 1995. If you don't check your corners you're the stupid fuck, not the guy around the corner who gets an easy kill.

daiphyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#10  Edited By daiphyer

@Vodun said:

@BlinkyTM said:

"Campers" wasn't even a valid complaint in 1995. If you don't check your corners you're the stupid fuck, not the guy around the corner who gets an easy kill.

I agree. Campers nowadays are defined as whoever doesn't run in the middle like an idiot.

BlinkyTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By BlinkyTM

@Vodun said:

@BlinkyTM said:

Guess what, if everyone just sat in a corner in games they wouldn't be fun anymore would they?

If you're playing Battlefield 3 for K/D then you're just a waste of space on the server.

BlinkyTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By BlinkyTM

@Daiphyer said:

@Vodun said:

@BlinkyTM said:

I agree. Campers nowadays are defined as whoever doesn't run in the middle like an idiot.

A camper on Battlefield 3 is defined as someone who sits in a corner while their objective is destroyed. Instead of disarming it they continue to hide because of their oh so important K/D (Which no one (other than him) cares about.). Campers screw a team over because they aren't pushing up or defending. They just hide in the same spot while their team loses.

Azteck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Azteck
    @BlinkyTM said:

@Vodun said:

@BlinkyTM said:

Guess what, if everyone just sat in a corner in games they wouldn't be fun anymore would they?

If you're playing Battlefield 3 for K/D then you're just a waste of space on the server.

What if you camp an objective to ensure that it remains on your team? Or in Rush mode?
    BlinkyTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By BlinkyTM

@Azteck said:

@BlinkyTM said:

@Vodun said:

@BlinkyTM said:

What if you camp an objective to ensure that it remains on your team? Or in Rush mode?

That wouldn't count as playing for your K/D then?

Christoffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Christoffer

@BlinkyTM said:

@Daiphyer said:

@Vodun said:

@BlinkyTM said:

A camper on Battlefield 3 is defined as someone who sits in a corner while their objective is destroyed. Instead of disarming it they continue to hide because of their oh so important K/D (Which no one (other than him) cares about.). Campers screw a team over because they aren't pushing up or defending. They just hide in the same spot while their team loses.

I feel the lack of "pushing" is your most noteworthy point. If the objective is not in emediate danger, push to the next one. That can really frustrate me when you're in the same team as campers. It's like playing with one man less than the other team.

Wuddel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Wuddel

@bitterninja said:

Get a head set. Install Mumble. Get on the GB servers. You will have fun.

bitterninja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By bitterninja

well, a productive day of playing bf3, starting to get around the middle of the board now - i average a 50:50 k/d ratio now - i know thats not the be all and end all but it makes me feel better that I am not just dragging the tickets down for my team. Having the most fun with the assault class - I am often seen sprinting across the battlefield defib's in hand :)

I will have a look at getting mumble be awesome to play with some of you guys.

tekmojo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#18  Edited By tekmojo
    @Wuddel said:

@bitterninja said:

Get a head set. Install Mumble. Get on the GB servers. You will have fun.

Some good players in Mumble, not me, but I like to learn from the best of the bomb.
    bitterninja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By bitterninja

Well a few days in and a drastic improvement - thank you everyone for your advice and patience if i ended up on your teams in the giantbomb games. I have noticed a big improvement in my playing now, and having a blast whilst at it. For anyone new out there getting frustrated with the game, just follow the advice on these forums;

Move slow, there's no need to rush

check corners before you run out of them

stay with your team and cover arcs of fire they aren't, always be either actively attacking or defending, don't sit in one spot willing a enemy into your path/sights.

Thank you all again for the encouragement and wisdom, loving this game.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.