Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Battlefield 3

Game » consists of 15 releases. Released Oct 25, 2011

Battlefield 3 is DICE's third numerical installment in the Battlefield franchise. It features a single player and co-operative campaign, as well as an extensive multiplayer component.

How do you feel about grinding 450k XP in Co-op for 7 Weapons

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Seppli

7 of BF3's Multiplayer weapons (that includes regular competitive play) are being unlocked by playing co-op. I'm not sure if they can be unlocked in regular competitive play too, I doubt it though. Anyways. I figure you got to play the 6 co-op mission like 10 times each to get all the unlocks. I find that quite excessive. There's some damn fine weapons to unlock too. I'm going to do it nonetheless.

Though I got to say, QTE's in co-op are the WORST. There's one at the very end of a mission. Like 15 minutes in. If either one of the two players fails it, you'll fail the whole mission. Kick in the balls indeed.

Azteck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Azteck
    @Seppli said:

Though I got to say, QTE's in co-op are the WORST. There's at the very end of a mission. Like 15 minutes in. If either one of the two players fails it, you'll fail the whole mission. Kick in the balls indeed.

This was so frustrating. Me and a friend did one after another after another on hard, and we came to that point and we fucked that thing up. Felt so cheap
    big_jon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 18

#3  Edited By big_jon

Crazy

Which weapons?

themangalist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By themangalist

The co-op just isn't very fun :/ I'd rather play more multiplayer and try to be good at it.

Avatar image for randominternetuser
    RandomInternetUser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I dunno, I don't mind it too bad. I've got 70k-ish points from just getting through the first three levels. I failed a few times because of the people I was playing with but kept the points from each fail, so that's good. It is very, very annoying though to get to the end of the mission, fail, and have to do it all over again. The MP412 REX seems like a piece of shit so far (coming from someone who LOVED it in BC2). I've only used it a few times, though. I'm hoping the G3 and MP7 are good.

BawlZINmotion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By BawlZINmotion

I could write a short essay about perception and how people tend to hate things just because they want nothing to do with them, regardless of quality. However it would be a waste of time. There are two truths here:

1. Co-op is not all that bad. It is not deep, or that interested, but it's also not this awful mess a lot of people comment about.

2. Unlocking all items really isn't that difficult or time consuming. Co-op is fucking easy, even on hard. You rack up points like DICE wants to shuffle you through the mode as fast as possible.

DonPixel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By DonPixel

Not cool and not needed there is so much weapons as it is in the regular multiplayer and I think there are more weapons coming in the upcoming expansions.

I don't think I can't make more than once one of those CO OP missions, they aren't bad but mheee co op.

uberexplodey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#8  Edited By uberexplodey

I reeeeeaaaalllly want that G3, it was my favorite gun in Bad Company 2

knetic2341

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By knetic2341

@UberExplodey: Over used and over powered!

But yes, I do hate the fact these weapons are locked behind that. I want to do nothing but multiplayer, and since I don't earn experience here... makes me sad.

natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 5

#10  Edited By natetodamax

I've tried playing the first two co-op missions with randoms and it's just the worst experience. Maybe I'll hook up with a friend or something to do it, but so far I haven't really been enjoying the co-op. But yeah, I'd much rather play competitive multiplayer.

Spoonman671

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Spoonman671

Why does DICE/EA do this stupid shit?  Remember the find-all-five promotion from the first Bad Company game?  It's just shitty.

Jackel2072

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#12  Edited By Jackel2072

i did the chopper mission, was doing really good with the flying and everything. i like to think we were about to finish the mission when the server kicked me =/. 

Cloudenvy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Cloudenvy

@natetodamax said:

I've tried playing the first two co-op missions with randoms and it's just the worst experience. Maybe I'll hook up with a friend or something to do it, but so far I haven't really been enjoying the co-op. But yeah, I'd much rather play competitive multiplayer.

We should hook up. ; )

Oh wait you have the wrong version! D:

uberexplodey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By uberexplodey
    @Knetic2341: I would have called it "versatile," but whatever. You're entitled to your own opinion.
    Avatar image for randominternetuser
    RandomInternetUser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Also, I really appreciated the chopper mission. I can sort of fly helis now, but still need more practice. Wish there was a jet equivalent somewhere so I could practice jets without wasting jet spawns in real games.

Sogeman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#16  Edited By Sogeman

The coop doesn't look fun and they want you to play it way too often. Guess I'll miss out on a few weapons. I'm not grinding a mode I hate (I don't like coop to begin with)

Avatar image for extreme_popcorn
    Extreme_Popcorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Extreme_Popcorn

It would be better if you could unlock the weapons using co-op but them also being unlocked in multiplayer as like the last weapon to unlock in the classes.

mikemcn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By mikemcn

Play the last mission, you can finish it in a minute or two, and the game tracks score in your mission even if you don't survive, so just go all out in that last mission over and over and over.

@Seppli said:

Though I got to say, QTE's in co-op are the WORST. There's one at the very end of a mission. Like 15 minutes in. If either one of the two players fails it, you'll fail the whole mission. Kick in the balls indeed.

I've done that mission so many times its really only 2 minutes in or so. Like i said above, if you fail the QTE, you still get all the points up to that point. There might be a bonus for actually beating it, but i'm not sure.

Azteck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Azteck

Dunno what you are all talking about, I found the co-op to be a blast most of the time. I'm down for some more anytime, pretty much.

mpgeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By mpgeist

Im tempted to play the helo mission just so I can practice flying them. I don't want to be a jerk and waste the other person's time though.

RsistncE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By RsistncE

I don't know. I got 109K for playing through the campaign once on normal, so it doesn't seem like it would be that bad to do.

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Seppli

@big_jon said:

Crazy

Which weapons?

I love the 4 I've unlocked thus far. A great Assault Rifle (KH2020 or something), the REX revolver from BF:BC 2 (2-3 shot kills), some EBR Battlerifle (just as OP as the MK11 and SVD, just way prettier and it pops more), the MP-7 (didn't try any PDWs yet). And there's the G3, the 3-shot burst M9 (from BF:BC 2) and some engineer carbine (certainly gonna be bad ass too).

The co-op weapons are definitely worth it (and the CO-OP is actually good fun). I guess that's how DICE makes sure CO-OP is going to be played actively for a long time to come. Currently matchmaking is a matter of seconds. Guess that'll stay that way 'til every serious BF3 player has all the unlocks.

Wouldn't be opposed to getting more co-op down the line. Albeit I prefer the 'Onslaught' co-op of BF:BC 2 more. 4-man squads and actually using the kits and loadouts available in multiplayer. Another concept DICE should have pursued, just like BF:BC 1's campaign structure and tone for the SP campaign.

bwmcmaste

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By bwmcmaste

@Seppli: Meh, I'm thinking that I'll just wait until they whore the whole package out on the PS Store.

Cymatics

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#24  Edited By Cymatics

@Azteck said:

@Seppli said:

Though I got to say, QTE's in co-op are the WORST. There's at the very end of a mission. Like 15 minutes in. If either one of the two players fails it, you'll fail the whole mission. Kick in the balls indeed.

This was so frustrating. Me and a friend did one after another after another on hard, and we came to that point and we fucked that thing up. Felt so cheap

Remember that you get to keep the points you gotten till that point, which is why they ditch the checkpoints. So failing is still progression towards the unlocks.

For the 7 weapons, just takes a few hours, and they aren't better then the once you get from multiplayer, only thing I use from the unlocks is the first unlock even if I got all of them, and it's the first weapon, the revolver, I just love revolvers which is why I use it.

Also I found the COOP very fun with voice and playing with a friend, haven't tried with randoms tho, which I can imagine can get very annoying.

Azteck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Azteck
    @Zakihashi said:

@Azteck said:

@Seppli said:

Remember that you get to keep the points you gotten till that point, which is why they ditch the checkpoints. So failing is still progression towards the unlocks.

For the 7 weapons, just takes a few hours, and they aren't better then the once you get from multiplayer, only thing I use from the unlocks is the first unlock even if I got all of them, and it's the first weapon, the revolver, I just love revolvers which is why I use it.

Also I found the COOP very fun with voice and playing with a friend, haven't tried with randoms tho, which I can imagine can get very annoying.

That's true, and I'm incredibly happy they did that.  Still, it feels kind of lame when you make your way through the whole thing and get killed because of a lame QTE at the end of it. I kinda want the Hard medal on all of them. OCD kicks in.
    Cymatics

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#26  Edited By Cymatics

@Azteck: Yeah, but luckily the QTE becomes ALOT easier when you know of it. Being completely unprepared kinda sucks, a big kick in the face. And then do the whole thing again. But the thing that it let's you keep the score is freaking great, and a pretty good comprimise for no check points. And, after all, it really do make the hard really HARD.

scarace360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By scarace360

i fucking hate it but was doing it with Mitch so was pretty fun. God he can fly like he was born with wings.

ABK_92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By ABK_92

I hate it. I finished it yesterday though. Probably played like 35-40 missions.

ABK_92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By ABK_92

@RsistncE said:

I don't know. I got 109K for playing through the campaign once on normal, so it doesn't seem like it would be that bad to do.

How are you guys doing this? The most I ever got on a mission was 15k on the helicopter one. Even when playing on hard I would't get more then 12k on average.

RsistncE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By RsistncE

@ABK_92: To tell you the truth I have no fucking clue. I added up my points for each of the 6 missions and I definitely did not get over 109K, yet my total co-op campaign score says 109K. And no I haven't played any of the missions more than once. Maybe there's a multiplier?

Bollard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

#31  Edited By Bollard

@Azteck said:

@Seppli said:

Same, I was doing one with PuppetExile (only on normal but we were fucking around and failing the a few times) and then I told him the wrong key to press before hand. Shat it all up the wall ahah.

@Seppli: Also, I feel like an idiot, cause I've already completed the Coop twice (Hard and then Normal) and I think I'm going to do it again.

I'm so close to the MP7 though, honestly!

@ABK_92: I don't know how to get the most points, but don't bother with the higher difficulties you get the same points regardless. Did it on Hard first, then went back to normal and beat all of my scores that I got on hard. Gunna do an easy speed run hopefully and I'll be half way to the G3!

chilibean_3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#32  Edited By chilibean_3

It wouldn't be so bad if the co-op was fun. At all. I'm not feeling the need for those guns though.

huntad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 13

#33  Edited By huntad

I liked the coop. I don't mind being given a big incentive to keep playing it.

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Seppli

Just unlocked the G3A3 and thus far it's my favorite gun in the game. There's just a certain heft and pop to this gun - it cannot be denied. And it does killer damage and is precise at very long ranges. Guess you'd be able to pop a 6-8x magnification scope on it and use it as a semi-auto sniper rifle.

That said, I had my fill of co-op two times over. T'is become a chore.

Sputty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Sputty

Just do the last mission over and over again and keep failing the first QTE to disarm the bomb and you can get 5k points a minute.

EnchantedEcho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 6

#36  Edited By EnchantedEcho

The MP7 is a fucking beast, it's worth the grind.

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Seppli

@huntad said:

I like the coop just fine too. But 442k XP means you'll play these six missions A LOT. Or you wait for more coop mission DLC, to keep the grind at bay. I just did a playthrough, which gave me like 3 unlocks and then I did grind 1 further unlock before every multiplayer session. It is definitely a GRIND. I'm done with it now though, so I'll look back at this experience with a 'lil bit of nostalgia soon enough.

*I did it and it was a grind... erm... I mean it was AWESOME, don't be a noob! (says nostalgia)*

Sputty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Sputty

@Seppli said:

@huntad said:

I like the coop just fine too. But 442k XP means you'll play these six missions A LOT. Or you wait for more coop mission DLC, to keep the grind at bay. I just did a playthrough, which gave me like 3 unlocks and then I did grind 1 further unlock before every multiplayer session. It is definitely a GRIND. I'm done know, so I'll look back at this experience with a nostalgia soon enough.

I did it and it was a grind... erm... I mean it was AWESOME, don't be a noob (says nostalgia)

No, it means you do the last mission up to the first QTE a lot! If you don't wanna purposely fail the QTE for some reason then you can do hit and run over and over again.

Failing the QTEs in the last mission still gives you the points you've gained up to that point.

Sitoxity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Sitoxity

At least the co-op missions are pretty fun.

FrankCanada97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By FrankCanada97

Can anyone post the gun unlock order for co-op?

mfpantst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#41  Edited By mfpantst

I'm happy with the weapons I have so far.

Branthog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Branthog

I might do it if it didn't have to be co-op. If I could play it by myself.

Donos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Donos

It's really not that bad. Last night I took another run through the coop campaign in maybe 90 minutes while catching up on Bleach, which was good times, then took my unlocked weapons and went on a 45-8 tear. Those guns work, and shooting the AI isn't nearly as bad as people make it out to be.

SomeJerk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By SomeJerk

I'd like a chance to take it on solo, even the helicopter one. Call it.. challenge mode.

And it's fine in co-op. Shiz's great fun, and you don't need the weapons anyway since the 416 Assault Rifle beats every single other infantry weapon in the game from any range.

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Seppli

@FrankCanada97 said:

Can anyone post the gun unlock order for co-op?

IGN has a list...

Co-Op Unlocks

1. 63,000 (63,000) CS - MP412 REX
    2. 63,000 (126,000) CS - KH2002
    3. 63,000 (189,000) CS - MP7
    4. 63,000 (252,000) CS - M39 EMR
    5. 63,000 (315,000) CS - 93R
    6. 63,000 (378,000) CS - SG553
    7. 63,000 (441,000) CS - G3A3

Most of these weapons are great. Only thing I'm a bit disappointed with is the SG553. Or maybe I was just too tired and out-of-it when I got it.

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Seppli

@Branthog said:

I might do it if it didn't have to be co-op. If I could play it by myself.

Public matchmaking is fast and there's really no need for a competent partner, if you know your shit.

RadixNegative2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By RadixNegative2

As much as I enjoy the co-op I don't see why you would unlock something for a different mode by playing it. It just doesn't make that much sense.

And I'd honestly rather play with people who are there for the fun of it and not the grind.

Also that chopper mission is a blast, I really hope they add more missions like that in the future as dlc or something.

FrankCanada97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By FrankCanada97

@Seppli: That's not too bad, I was expecting the number of points needed to unlock would increase.

huntad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 13

#49  Edited By huntad

@Seppli said:

@huntad said:

I like the coop just fine too. But 442k XP means you'll play these six missions A LOT. Or you wait for more coop mission DLC, to keep the grind at bay. I just did a playthrough, which gave me like 3 unlocks and then I did grind 1 further unlock before every multiplayer session. It is definitely a GRIND. I'm done with it now though, so I'll look back at this experience with a 'lil bit of nostalgia soon enough.

*I did it and it was a grind... erm... I mean it was AWESOME, don't be a noob! (says nostalgia)*

Like I said, I like the coop so it doesn't bother me. It doesn't matter how much of a grind it is.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.