Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Battlefield 3

Game » consists of 15 releases. Released Oct 25, 2011

Battlefield 3 is DICE's third numerical installment in the Battlefield franchise. It features a single player and co-operative campaign, as well as an extensive multiplayer component.

How is Battlefield 3 for 360?

Avatar image for thesoutherndandy
    TheSouthernDandy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By TheSouthernDandy

First off lets get two things straight gentleman.
    1. I do not have a PC capable of running the game. Otherwise this thread would be silly.
    2. I'm not trying to turn this into a "Battlefield is better then CoD" or vice versa. 
    Should either of these things be brought up I will frown at my computer screen SO HARD you have no idea.

Anyway, I picked up MW3 cause I'm generally a fan of that series (including the story...call me crazy) but I've found it's not holding my attention like the previous games in the franchise have. I've actually only had one multiplayer session of any length, I have just found myself wanting to play something else. Kinda bums me out but what can you do?
    Anyway, been thinking of trading it in for Battlefield but is it worth it on 360? Should I pull the trigger? Did I intend to make that pun or was it happy coincidence??
    Help me Bombers. You're my only hope.

ShaneDev

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By ShaneDev

It's kinda buggy but enjoyable. It's also very small in player count and map size compared with the PC version obviously. I personally find the conquest mode to be very dull due to the low player count. Rush is fine though and most of the maps for rush are quite good. I am really enjoying it so far even with it's problems and console limits.

The campaign had two missions I liked (both vehicle missions) and a terrible story that is barley coherent. The characters are completely dull and uninteresting, and every time anyone in my squad talked I felt like shooting them in the head. It certainly looks pretty even on the Xbox but the game would time and time again blind me with car head lights and annoyingly placed lights which really hurt my eyes after a little while of playing. It is also extremely picky about where you can stand and what you can do during the missions, if you don't do as it says exactly it will probably kill you instantly. Overall it looks nice but it's a shitty Call of Duty knock off in the campaign department.

On the console it's not really that different from BC2 and BC2 even did things better in some spots.

TheSouthernDandy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By TheSouthernDandy

Hmm if it's kinda BC2ish then that's cool I really liked those games. I'll probably end up leaving the campaign for later, between Skyrim and Deus Ex I've got single player covered. I mainly just want a fun multiplayer game I can get in to. Sounds like I might need to pick it up.

wealllikepie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By wealllikepie

yes i also endorse the rush mode in multiplayer for reasons mentioned above, but also i wanna say the multiplayer is often buggy as hell and the lighting really does annoy you with sudden flashes of light and blurred vision. honestly (and this might sound weird) i enjoyed the bc2 multiplayer way more, but bf3 on 360 is completely functional if not somewhat disappointing

Mahonay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By Mahonay

It's good enough for me to have sunk 47 hours into it. There are some serious balancing issues with the lower player count. Things like helicopters absolutely dominate with there not being enough players to try and shoot them down. Aside from that I think they did a fairly decent job with the hardware they were working with.

For sure it's nowhere near the experience you'll get on the PC, but if you're like me and it's your only option it's not a bad way to play. I prefer it over Call of Duty currently, just as a change of pace.

Grimey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Grimey

Here, here. I agree with everything that has been mentioned thus far, except for the fact that I tend to play more conquest than rush. As ShaneDev stated, the story for the single player is delivered poorly and my favorite missions were those that threw the vehicles into the mix.

Mahonay hit the nail on the head when it comes to choppers in the multiplayer, they usually crush their opponents skulls. For whatever reason, not too many people try to take them down. Do not fear, with some practice you swat those guys out of the sky with a well placed tank shell.

Happy hunting.

Mahonay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Mahonay

@Grimey said:

Here, here. I agree with everything that has been mentioned thus far, except for the fact that I tend to play more conquest than rush. As ShaneDev stated, the story for the single player is delivered poorly and my favorite missions were those that threw the vehicles into the mix.

Mahonay hit the nail on the head when it comes to choppers in the multiplayer, they usually crush their opponents skulls. For whatever reason, not too many people try to take them down. Do not fear, with some practice you swat those guys out of the sky with a well placed tank shell.

Happy hunting.

The Conquest mode is indeed good on the consoles as well with the condensed/shrunken down maps. They did a good job at making that work with the low player count. I used to be in love with Rush but it's been all Conquest all the time for me lately.

benspyda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#8  Edited By benspyda

I have it on console and pc. Keeps crashing on me and forcing me to reboot for no apparent reason on PC so compared to that the 360 version is pretty good I guess. Haven't played that much of either though thanks to Skyrim.

sopranosfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 8

#9  Edited By sopranosfan

I personally love it. I mainly play conquest but have put in. a decent amount of hours in Team Deathmatch and a few in Rush and I have never had problems finding action. With the exception of a few weapons they feel good and balanced and in all honesty it is the most fun I have had playing a shooter since the first time I played COD4. I love the fact that you can help your team win in so many ways.

pweidman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By pweidman

BF3 360 version: It's good. Not as many players as PC but the maps are smaller I think(from the Karkand TNT). My only serious gripe is the squad mechanic is busted, and you have to reset your loadout every daily session, cuz it defaults some of your stuff if you don't. There's some other minor gripes for me like the silly flashlights and lasers, but all minor small stuff.

It runs pretty damn smooth too. I've had very little lag, and the conquest rooms I play in are full more than half the time. The constant, insane mahem you see every time you play makes it worth it to me.

damnboyadvance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#11  Edited By damnboyadvance

I have it for the PS3. Technical-wise, I'm not sure how it is. But gameplay wise, it is a great game. You cold easily sink days and days worth of time into the multiplayer. 

The single player is only average, but you'll be too busy with the multiplayer to care.

dagas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 8

#12  Edited By dagas

@TheSouthernDandy said:

First off lets get two things straight gentleman. 1. I do not have a PC capable of running the game. Otherwise this thread would be silly.

Why would it be silly? I have a PC capable of running BF3, but if I wanted to play that game I would rather play it on 360. Sure there was a time when playing with mouse and keyboard was the obvious choice, but since I've not played FPS on PC's for years and don't have a gaming mouse setup and such and I've been playing FPS on 360 for 5 years I bet I would do much better on 360.

I've only played the beta and it still looked awesome even though it looks even better on PC. I've played a lot of BF:BC2 on 360 and that game works great.

Kandycane2029

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Kandycane2029

I picked it up at launch and I'm still playing it almost every night with or without having a party organized. Like someone else stated, it is a bit buggy, but the bugs aren't gamebreaking. Some nights if I've been playing for more than a couple hours things like ribbon icons and dogtags will fail to load properly, and there was a bug that removed your HUD for a while after launch. I think they fixed that problem though, as I haven't encountered it lately. It's a very enjoyable game once you've figured out what role (class) you want to play and get adjusted to how everything works. Definitely worth picking up.

TheSouthernDandy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By TheSouthernDandy
    @dagas said:

@TheSouthernDandy said:

First off lets get two things straight gentleman. 1. I do not have a PC capable of running the game. Otherwise this thread would be silly.

Why would it be silly? I have a PC capable of running BF3, but if I wanted to play that game I would rather play it on 360. Sure there was a time when playing with mouse and keyboard was the obvious choice, but since I've not played FPS on PC's for years and don't have a gaming mouse setup and such and I've been playing FPS on 360 for 5 years I bet I would do much better on 360.

I've only played the beta and it still looked awesome even though it looks even better on PC. I've played a lot of BF:BC2 on 360 and that game works great.

Yeah I gotcha, whatever works for you is the best way to go. I wasn't talking so much about the controls as I was the stuff like player count/battlelog/graphics, all that jazz. If I had a PC that would run it great I would definitely go with that option but I play all of my shooters on 360 an I like it.

Thanks guys, back from mall, game in hand. Those helicopters better watch out. I'm comin...
    scarace360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By scarace360

it came out on the xbox?

SSValis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By SSValis

I think it's great. I'd love to be able to buy a souped up PC and max it out with 64 players, but I can't because I'm broke(plus I only buy laptops). Back to the topic....Yes I love it and I'm having a blast on the 360. It's really addictive and crazy.

Amukasa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Amukasa

I have it on both 360 and pc but strangely like the 360 more. Also not nearly as many people playing on pc as I would have thought.

Arker101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#18  Edited By Arker101

Yeah, its pretty good. The player count vs map size isn't bad unless you have a lot of useless Recons. You'll tend to notice when half your team is atop a crane. In order to enjoy some of the deeper tactics in the game you'll definitly need a friend or two to play with. "Lone Wolfing" is still acceptable, but it's so much more fun with friends.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.