Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Battlefield 3

Game » consists of 15 releases. Released Oct 25, 2011

Battlefield 3 is DICE's third numerical installment in the Battlefield franchise. It features a single player and co-operative campaign, as well as an extensive multiplayer component.

Huge BF3 Patch Incoming on 6th of December

• 53 results
    Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Seppli

Demize is hard at work trimming BF3's balance. Everything sounds pretty much spot-on from my experiences. Looking forward to it.

Quote Demize on Battleblog:

Hi all,

We will release an update to the PC version of BF3 on Dec 6th -- that is, Tuesday morning around 8AM GMT next week. This coincides with an upgrade of many of our central systems which will be down for some hours starting around that time. It will be both a client update -- approximately 2GB in size -- and a server update. The client/server combination will be incompatible with older clients/servers. All players will be prompted to download the update once it has been released. All RSP companies will begin upgrading their servers at the same time.

The client update is large because it contains most of the content for Back to Karkand. This is not ideal, so we aim to make potential DLC content in the future as optional downloads.

• Bugfixes:

• Fixed a problem with spawn timer now showing blue border on startup and lost spawn point
    • Fixed a problem where player who joined queuing on End of round got spawn screen stuck on screen, but unable to do anything with it untill next round loaded
    • Fixed a problem where camera would change to 3rd person on killcam when killcam was turned off in server settings
    • Fixed stat references on several dogtags
    • Fixed for surveillance ribbon not counting TUGS
    • Fixed a missing combat area lines on the minimap for Grand Bazaar conquest small
    • Moved a tank spawn in US base on Caspian Border so it would not be destroyed by a falling tree
    • Fixed a problem where placing C4 with the russians soldier was playing US faction VO
    • Fixed a problem where TV guided missiles could be shot into its own helicopter and destroy it
    • Fixed a problem when attempting to fire lock on weapons without a target
    • Tweaked the chat, it should now be a bit easier to read
    • Fixed several vehicles that did not properly shoot rockets and guns towards their predictive sights
    • Fixed the G17 Supressed Laser not working properly
    • Added alternate HUD colors to help colorblinds
    • Added a network interpolation setting. This allows users with good bandwidth reduce latency, but might increase some stuttering. The user can find what works best for his connection by tweaking the slider.
    • Increased the Spawn protection radius on TDM
    • Fixed a problem with smoke on land vehicles, Missiles should now miss more often
    • Fixed a problem where users could end up with IRNV scope in any vehicle
    • Fixed a problem where player dies if vaulting over a ledge and into water while sprinting
    • Fixed several crashes and increased general stability
    • Fixed a problem where the user was unable to revive two players that have the bodies one over the other
    • Fixed so you can assign an axis and use as a digital input. This makes it possible for the player (on pc) to assign one of the sticks on a gameped to be used for throttle/brake.
    • Fixed a problem with the Kill camera acting up when suiciding from parachute
    • Fixed air radar was showing to much. now lasertagged, heatsignature above threshold, enemy missiles and capture points are only visible on air radar
    • Fixed a problem where the game would enter a technical hang if the user pressed pause menu and tilde at the same time
    • Fixed a problem where you could get green flashes on screen
    • You can now reassign cycle weapons
    • Fixed so the weapon zooms automatically after bipod deploy is gone when using zoom toggle
    • Fixed a problem where the parachute would stay stuck in air if the owner was killed
    • Balance Tweaks:

• Fixed several weapons so they are properly suppressed and hide the player on the minimap when fired.
    • Tweaked Tactical Light so it is not as blinding over longer ranges.
    • Tweaked the IRNV scope so it is limited to usage only at close range.
    • Reduced heat masking effectiveness of Spec Ops Camo.
    • Fixed a bug where Ammo spec would give additional 40mm grenades instead of Frag spec.
    • Increased the number of additional 40mm grenades from Frag spec.
    • Fixed so AT mines only live for 20 seconds after a player dies to prevent infinite mines. (We want to make a different fix in the future, it’s in JIRA).
    • Increased the Time to Live on sniper caliber rounds to allow extreme distance shots.
    • Fixed several weapon descriptions, calibers, and fire rates. The weapons themselves have not changed.
    • Fixed so the M9 and MP443 pistol can be equipped by the opposing faction when it is unlocked at 100 kills.
    • Fixed Laser Guided Missiles missing their targets if the target is moving too fast.
    • Reduced the effectiveness of Stealth on Air Vehicles.
    • Reduced the effectiveness of Beam Scanning for Jets.
    • Reduced the damage done to Armored Vehicles and Infantry from AA guns.
    • Increased the damage RPGs and Tank shells do to AA vehicles.
    • Slightly decreased the accuracy for all weapons on fully automatic, burst fire is now preferable at mid to long range.
    • Increased the effective accuracy of long bursts for LMGs when using a bipod.
    • Slightly increased the range of the 44magnum bullets.
    • Increased the close range damage of 4.6x30mm and 5.7x28mm bullets.
    • Increased the reload time of the Mortar from 3.5sec to 4.8sec and increased the time it takes before a shell hits the ground.
    • Reduced the aimed accuracy bonus given by a Suppressor for the MP7, P90, PP2000, PP-19, and UMP45.
    • Increased the range and FOV for designating targets with the SOFLAM and vehicle Laser Designators.
    • Decreased the effectiveness of 12g FRAG ammo when equipped on semi-automatic and automatic shotguns.
    • Slightly Increased the power of Fighter Jet Cannons against all vehicle targets, especially Helicopters.
    • Decreased the power of Miniguns against Jets and Helicopters.
    • Increased the power of Stingers against Jets.
    • Flares reload times for Jets and Helicopter Gunners have been increased.
    • Tweaked the AN94 so its burst fire better conveys the real world advantage offered by this weapon.
    • Added Single Shot to the AN94 as an available fire mode.
    • Slightly increased the recoil on the M416 and removed the Burst Fire mode (this weapon incorrectly had burst fire, which was not authentic).
    • Tweaked the spawns for TDM on Kharg Island, Grand Bazaar, Caspian Border, Seine Crossing, Operation Firestorm, Damavand Peak and Noshahar Canals
    • Moved a tank spawn in US base on Caspian Border so it would not be destroyed by a falling tree
    • Tweaked the Gas station Capture area on Conquest on Caspian Border
    • Tweaked the max vehicle height on Noshahar Canals
    • Also, it will once again be possible to reduce the number of players required to start a round to 1 both in ranked and unranked mode. We changed it back after getting a lot of negative feedback from both individuals and the RSP companies.
    • Our plan is to introduce a warm-up mode, where players can move about and play the game, but with scoring disabled; then, when the number of players goes above the threshold -- that's when the real round starts.
    Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Seppli

Looking forward to finally fly on Canals with a decent skybox. And the proposed air combat balance tweaks sound sublime. Choppers have too much leeway currently and jets are currently quite untouchable from the ground, both of which should be at a better place after the patch. Gonna be great.

vonFlampanker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By vonFlampanker

Plenty of good news in there. I don't see anything too worrisome at first glance. Warm-up Mode will be nice. Hopefully the chat's repositioned/resized as well as being made "easier to read".

Thanks for posting this!

FrankCanada97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By FrankCanada97

Glad it seems they are fixing the AN-94, maybe now it'll be a viable assault rifle.

CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By CL60

I'm disappointed that the only info about the IRNV Scope on there is not "Removed the IRNV scope."

tekmojo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By tekmojo

This is why BF3 rocks your cock.

GreggD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By GreggD

@CL60 said:

I'm disappointed that the only info about the IRNV Scope on there is not "Removed the IRNV scope."

Yeah, man. I don't know how many people I've seen running around with LMGs and the IRNV/foregrip combo. It's really annoying, and not something I ever want to do, even if it has an advantage.

emergency

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By emergency

Great that this game receives support after launch whereas cod developers are too busy creating map packs to fix anything.

sopranosfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 8

#9  Edited By sopranosfan

@CL60 said:

Depending on how close they are talking about they may have basically done that. I am not going to lie I love my AEK with IRNV and even sort of like the G36 with it on some maps but I still can't see real far with them now so if they shorten them much I'm not going to use it at all because I can't imagine giving up seeing the enemies a long ways off for only being able to see them 10-15 feet away. BTW even though I use it if they completely removed it it wouldn't break my heart because the biggest reason I use it is because I got tired of dying to somebody using it.

Karl_Boss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Karl_Boss

I've just started to play this game online and the Tactical Light is the only thing that has annoyed me so far.

EDIT: Oh and the inconsistent knifing is frustrating too

mikemcn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By mikemcn
    Fixed several crashes and increased general stability

Really hope this means they're fixing the freezing/black screen i get everytime the game tries to load a new map after I play a round.

Evilmetal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#12  Edited By Evilmetal

It will be both a client update -- approximately 2GB in size -- and a server update. The client/server combination will be incompatible with older clients/servers. All players will be prompted to download the update once it has been released. All RSP companies will begin upgrading their servers at the same time.

The client update is large because it contains most of the content for Back to Karkand. This is not ideal, so we aim to make potential DLC content in the future as optional downloads.

they are continuing Bad Company 2's way of operation... still not a modular design. It's a terrible way forward because why should a customer who doesn't have Back to Karkand be punished hard drive wise?  Somebody who has not purchased BtK will have 2GB taken that potentially could have been used for some other software application, that you would have FULL access to; unlike the BtK DLC that would take up space but remain inaccessible.   

The only way a blind eye can be given is if they gave the expansion free to everyone. 

Their action, of forcing the BtK content even without purchase, makes it seem as if EA intended to give Back to Karkand free to everyone, but in the end they decided to wrap a pay-barrier around BtK; and to force people to pre-order. Thus they did not have time to program the expansion to operate in a modular fashion, without forcing the 2GB expansion to everyone whether they bought it or not, because it was originally intended as being free for everyone.   This logic is sound when you consider, for example, Wake Island being included for free in past iterations of Battlefield.

You will see in the video above, the beginning portion, past iterations of Wake Island as well as the current.   Recall how they were a free treat, for Battlefield games after 1942, included with a patch after initial release of the product. Now EA are charging for it.

Pie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#13  Edited By Pie

@Mikemcn said:

Really hope this means they're fixing the freezing/black screen i get everytime the game tries to load a new map after I play a round.

That's just cause you're generally broken

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Seppli

@Mikemcn said:

I suffered from those very issues. A memory upgrade from 4 to 8 GB RAM solved it for me. The whole BF3 experience, at least technically, is completely smooth for me now. Highly recommended.

Prices for RAM are currently also on an all-time-low. Might be able to grab a decent kit of 8 GB RAM for as low as 30$.

mikemcn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By mikemcn

@Seppli said:

@Mikemcn said:

I suffered from those very issues. A memory upgrade from 4 to 8 GB RAM solved it for me. The whole BF3 experience, at least technically, is completely smooth for me now. Highly recommended.

Prices for RAM are currently also on an all-time-low. Might be able to grab a decent kit of 8 GB RAM for as low as 30$.

Well... I have 6GB , the most i've ever seen my computer use is 4.2 in BF3 and it didn't do this until after the 1st patch. And sometimes it will decide it wants to load the next map in rotation, but that's 1/20 loads or so.

sjupp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By sjupp

So, laser guided jet missiles will still be fucking useless against ground targets? I felt jets were kind of underpowered against anything but other jets, which is a bummer. Looks like it's getting more nerfed now. Am I the only one feeling this way?

Sooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Sooty

@Seppli said:

@Mikemcn said:

My game never drops below 60 FPS on ultra and I'm on 4GB. Weird how you was having issues, I'd say maybe it's a RAM speed thing but that usually makes pretty much zero difference in gaming.

LibertyForAll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By LibertyForAll

"Reduced the aimed accuracy bonus given by a Suppressor for the MP7, P90, PP2000, PP-19, and UMP45."

What!!! Theres an accuracy bonus? Why isn't that mentioned in the description for the suppressor in the first place. All says it less audible sound and damage, making it appear useless to me previously

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By 137

@LibertyForAll said:

"Reduced the aimed accuracy bonus given by a Suppressor for the MP7, P90, PP2000, PP-19, and UMP45."

What!!! Theres an accuracy bonus? Why isn't that mentioned in the description for the suppressor in the first place. All says it less audible sound and damage, making it appear useless to me previously

It's been known since the beginning of FPS history that a silencer will ruin the distance and power of a weapon but will increase aimed accuracy and reduce kickback. It also suppresses muzzle flash so if hip firing it's easier to gauge where your hits are going and how to make adjustments as opposed to a big flash of light coming out of the end of the gun distracting you.

@Evilmetal said:

It will be both a client update -- approximately 2GB in size -- and a server update. The client/server combination will be incompatible with older clients/servers. All players will be prompted to download the update once it has been released. All RSP companies will begin upgrading their servers at the same time.

they are continuing Bad Company 2's way of operation... still not a modular design. It's a terrible way forward because why should a customer who doesn't have Back to Karkand be punished hard drive wise? Somebody who has not purchased BtK will have 2GB taken that potentially could have been used for some other software application, that you would have FULL access to; unlike the BtK DLC that would take up space but remain inaccessible.

The only way a blind eye can be given is if they gave the expansion free to everyone.

Their action, of forcing the BtK content even without purchase, makes it seem as if EA intended to give Back to Karkand free to everyone, but in the end they decided to wrap a pay-barrier around BtK; and to force people to pre-order. Thus they did not have time to program the expansion to operate in a modular fashion, without forcing the 2GB expansion to everyone whether they bought it or not, because it was originally intended as being free for everyone. This logic is sound when you consider, for example, Wake Island being included for free in past iterations of Battlefield.

So what third world country are you from that you're not going to pay 15 dollars for something millions of people BEGGED for, they could've told us to eat a dick and created 4 more boring bland close quarters doesn't really feel like bf3 maps instead of this. IMO everyone should own the limited edition of battlefield 3. You want to cry because you're pinching pennies then I don't feel sorry for you. If hard drive space is an issue for you then I suggest deleting some of your porn or other video games you do not play if space is that much of an issue.

Anyone that owns a pc should know to keep your machine completely optimized for gaming at ALL times should be monitoring what they have installed on their hard drives, how much space is available and take into account how that's going to affect viable performance. Seriously you have the most INVALID complaint of anyone who owns a PC. If you have some xbox with a 4gb hard drive, again your fault. You should've already known with your last gen 360 that space was an issue and a 4gig xbox just isn't a viable option for any serious gamer.

mosdl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#20  Edited By mosdl

@Mikemcn said:

@Seppli said:

@Mikemcn said:

Well... I have 6GB , the most i've ever seen my computer use is 4.2 in BF3 and it didn't do this until after the 1st patch. And sometimes it will decide it wants to load the next map in rotation, but that's 1/20 loads or so.

Does Origin have a "verify game integrity" feature?

LibertyForAll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By LibertyForAll

Well I guess I knew it functioned that way in other games. My mistake was just basing what is does on it's description...

I find some of the other descriptions lacking as well. "Slugs ... have less stopping power in CQB than standard buckshot" what is stopping power? damage? why not say damage?

Is there a way to read game ini files and/or see the actual stat sheets for all weapons in terms of damage at given distance,accuracy variance, recoil magnitude, etc and the modifier values from different applied attachments? The game guide is apparently not specific enough for me :)

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Seppli

@Sooty said:

@Seppli said:

@Mikemcn said:

My game never drops below 60 FPS on ultra and I'm on 4GB. Weird how you was having issues, I'd say maybe it's a RAM speed thing but that usually makes pretty much zero difference in gaming.

Framerate is about GPU, CPU and V-RAM mostly. The system memory upgrade is about loading times and system stability. During map changes, BF3 essentially needs double as much RAM than usual since for a brief time there's like 2 maps trying to occupy the same memory. With 8 GB, that's not a problem. It saves me about 20 seconds of loading time on map changes and eliminated all technical issues like black screen and CTD.

Another possibilty is that Mikecm has some kind of punkbuster related issue. He would have to update punkbuster manually in that case.

Hell - even Skyrim runs a lot smoother and I have no CTDs anymore, nor do I have the purple textures issue anymore. The system's overall running way smoother. Totally worth the money and the upgrade was already cheaper than your average game.

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Seppli

@LibertyForAll said:

It's mentioned in the loading screen sometimes I believe (or in the customization screen description). One of the two.

xdaknightx69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By xdaknightx69

pretty good changes and i like that B2K is included in this so i wont have to download it when it becomes playable .

i hope they fix the spawn locations for CQ maps and the spawn in front of ur squad mate issue.

xdaknightx69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By xdaknightx69

@mosdl: if u click repair it will check for broken files and update it , not sure if that's what u meant by " verify game integrity" lol

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#26  Edited By AhmadMetallic

God damn I fucking love Battlefield 

Wasara88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Wasara88
    • Tweaked Tactical Light so it is not as blinding over longer ranges.
    • Tweaked the IRNV scope so it is limited to usage only at close range.

Thank you DICE!

Lots of good changes on that list,but the effectiveness of the tact.lights has been killing me.

It's so annoying when a teammate keeps blinding you with it.

Thiemen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Thiemen

Since the patch the in game sound sometimes disappears. Someone else noticed this? Could be just me though.

MikkaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By MikkaQ

@137 said:

Anyone that owns a pc should know to keep your machine completely optimized for gaming at ALL times should be monitoring what they have installed on their hard drives, how much space is available and take into account how that's going to affect viable performance. Seriously you have the most INVALID complaint of anyone who owns a PC. If you have some xbox with a 4gb hard drive, again your fault. You should've already known with your last gen 360 that space was an issue and a 4gig xbox just isn't a viable option for any serious gamer.

Really? I have 2 TB of hard drive space and I am full from all the games I have. They take up way too much room. Short of like 50GBs of music, that's all I have on my PC, just games. And buying a hard drive is not viable these days, they are far too expensive due to flooding in Taiwan, I'm not paying 100$ for a 500GB hard drive.

Also really? "Anyone that owns a PC should know to keep your machine completely optimized for gaming at ALL times", like it's not the fucking military, it's a computer. And people wonder why no one adopts PC gaming anymore.

mosdl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By mosdl

@xdaknightx69 said:

@mosdl: if u click repair it will check for broken files and update it , not sure if that's what u meant by " verify game integrity" lol

People who have crashes should probably do that then, things break when updating sometimes.

vonFlampanker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By vonFlampanker
    @Thiemen are you using teamspeak by any chance? when I had this issue it had to do with a teamspeak setting that lowered game volume while someone was talking. BF3 forgot to raise the volume back until the sound eventually was too quiet to hear. I just killed the setting and lowered Bf3's master volume slightly.
    Thiemen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Thiemen

@vonFlampanker said:

@Thiemen are you using teamspeak by any chance? when I had this issue it had to do with a teamspeak setting that lowered game volume while someone was talking. BF3 forgot to raise the volume back until the sound eventually was too quiet to hear. I just killed the setting and lowered Bf3's master volume slightly.

No, not using anything like that. Will check my sound settings.

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Seppli

Can't believe that they've still not yet fixed 'Driver Kill Assist' scoring. +10 is laughable. Got post another thread on Battlelog on this topic.

RobertOrri

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By RobertOrri

Impressive list of fixes and features, at least compared to the standard in the industry.

GoofyGoober

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By GoofyGoober

@GreggD: Goes to try that combo...

BawlZINmotion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#36  Edited By BawlZINmotion

@MikkaQ said:

@137 said:

Really? I have 2 TB of hard drive space and I am full from all the games I have. They take up way too much room. Short of like 50GBs of music, that's all I have on my PC, just games. And buying a hard drive is not viable these days, they are far too expensive due to flooding in Taiwan, I'm not paying 100$ for a 500GB hard drive.

Also really? "Anyone that owns a PC should know to keep your machine completely optimized for gaming at ALL times", like it's not the fucking military, it's a computer. And people wonder why no one adopts PC gaming anymore.

I'd be a lot more annoyed about bandwidth usage. I have enough hard drive space to store my house on, but my monthly ISP cap is limited to 120GB. I plan to rock "Back to Karkand" all Xmas-long, why anyone playing Battlefield 3 would not is insanity, but if for some crazy reason a person has no intention of doing so then being forced to download and waste bandwidth is annoying.

MikkaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By MikkaQ

@Chainblast: Well I bought my copy on launch day, so even though I supported their game from day one, I'm apparently not worthy enough to get old maps for a game I've bought at least 3 times at this point for free. So I won't be playing any Karkand, which means I won't be playing any Battlefield because the server here will be very Karkand focused for a while and I don't particularly care for many others.

It's a good point about bandwidth caps though. I'm lucky enough to have no limits, but 2 can be a lot if you're on some of the more popular providers here in canada that cap you at 60.

uberexplodey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By uberexplodey

be advised.

mosdl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By mosdl

@Evilmetal: my guess is that Origin doesn't have a way to do DLC right now to work for Karkand, nothing to do with the game itself.

TIEfighter77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By TIEfighter77

I have 8gb of RAM, an nvidia 580, i7 2600k, and have had "Battlefield 3 has stopped working" crashes that never occurred until the first update. I have repaired the game, reinstalled it, new drivers, roll back drivers, etc and it still will do it. I hope this fucking fixes it.

Avatar image for deactivated-59a31562f0e29
    deactivated-59a31562f0e29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mines disappearing after you die ... that's dumb. Just only let you have a certain number out at once like in BC2 before the first one you put down disappears.

Ben_H

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Ben_H

Cool, I might actually start playing the game again now with all of this (after everyone started unlocking the broken stuff and abusing it instead of actually playing the game things got kinda dull). I'm glad they fixed that IRNV scope, and made it so burst fire is better at mid-long range like it should be.

I'm glad they're fixing the AN94. It is absolutely useless in its current state.  The burst fire mode felt awful and overall the gun felt worse than all the other guns.

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Seppli

@drag said:

Mines disappearing after you die ... that's dumb. Just only let you have a certain number out at once like in BC2 before the first one you put down disappears.

It's only a temporary placeholder fix. I suppose they're going to implement the 6 mines at once maxium like in BF:BC 2. You can only have 6 mines deployed at once, if you try to deploy more, the previous mines will disappear one by one. Guess they'll have that coded for the next patch.

ragnar_mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By ragnar_mike

Welp the battlelog site is down, I presume maintenence has started. I think i'm gonna get back into BF3. I've had my fun with Skyrim, I want to shoot folks.

Looks like some good tweaks, I'm curious to try the AN94 now and unlock more things.

EDIT: Yup, Patch is live. Apparently "approximately 2 gigs" = 3.9gb. Sweet EA bandwidth though rocking about 3mb/s at the moment.

YoThatLimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#45  Edited By YoThatLimp

@Ragnar said:

Welp the battlelog site is down, I presume maintenence has started. I think i'm gonna get back into BF3. I've had my fun with Skyrim, I want to shoot folks.

Looks like some good tweaks, I'm curious to try the AN94 now and unlock more things.

EDIT: Yup, Patch is live. Apparently "approximately 2 gigs" = 3.9gb. Sweet EA bandwidth though rocking about 3mb/s at the moment.

Was pretty shocked at the size of this mofo. Currently hitting 3.5mb/s so i can't complain. Looking forward to shooting some dudes!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By 137

shit I want to download the update while I'm at work lol.

Avatar image for extreme_popcorn
    Extreme_Popcorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Extreme_Popcorn

I actually got killed by someone not using the F2000 with IRNV scope. The patch is a success!

USAS with frag rounds is still a bullshit gun

BlinkyTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By BlinkyTM

Awesome, now I just need a group of people to play this with...on the 360...Wait, this is just PC? What about 360 and PS3 versions?

mosdl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By mosdl

@BlinkyTM said:

Awesome, now I just need a group of people to play this with...on the 360...Wait, this is just PC? What about 360 and PS3 versions?

Console patches will always be delayed compared to PC as they need to pass certification by sony/ms.

WinkLynx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By WinkLynx

The new position and sizing of the chatbox is a welcomed change. Haven't tried out the IRNV yet (the American RDS or ironsights are enough).

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.