I am awful at computer specs, anyone down to help?

#1 Posted by Carnage1290 (114 posts) -

PC System Requirements

MinimumRecommended
  • PROCESSOR: 2 GHz dual core (Core 2 Duo 2.4 GHz OR Athlon X2 2.7 GHz)
  • MEMORY: 2 GB
  • HARD DRIVE: 20 GB
  • GRAPHICS CARD (AMD): DirectX 10.1 compatible with 512 MB RAM (ATI Radeon 3000, 4000, 5000 or 6000 series, with ATI Radeon 3870 or higher performance)
  • GRAPHICS CARD (NVIDIA): DirectX 10.0 compatible with 512 MB RAM (Nvidia GeForce 8, 9, 200, 300, 400 or 500 series with Nvidia GeForce 8800 GT or higher performance)
  • SOUND CARD: DirectX compatible
  • PROCESSOR: Quad-core CPU
  • MEMORY: 4 GB
  • HARD DRIVE: 20 GB
  • GRAPHICS CARD: DirectX 11 compatible with 1024 MB RAM (Nvidia GeForce GTX 560 or ATI Radeon 6950)
  • SOUND CARD: DirectX compatible

PC System Requirements

So it doesn't take the entire screen the BF3 specs are in the spoiler thing. I have an

• Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU E7400 @ 2.80
  • Memory: 4096MB RAM
  • DirectX 11
  • Windows 7 64-bit

Obviously I think I need to give more info to answer the question, just tell me how and I will supply it. Will BF3 run well on my comp? I don't need perfect everything, I just want it to run reasonably well with a good, functional framerate. I knew how to get at these specs but aren't sure how to find the others, let me know. Giant Bomb community help me out!

#2 Posted by TheKramer89 (422 posts) -

What's your video card? go to control panel>device manager>display adapters

#3 Posted by Carnage1290 (114 posts) -

ATI Radeon HD 4800 Series

#4 Posted by DrGreatJob (127 posts) -

Hmmm, this is a tough call. You could possibly run it on low settings for about 30 fps. This is speculation.

Other than that, what resolution is your monitor running at? At 1680x1050 (most 21-22" monitors) and greater you might see that 30 fps regularly drop to 15 fps. That CPU is pretty old, and people with similar specs have complained about performance issues. Again, speculation. I wouldn't expect you to have a great experience running the game, though.

#5 Posted by Carnage1290 (114 posts) -

Yeah, 1680x1050. Well I guess that settles that then, I thought that CPU looked a bit under powered against the recommended specs. And I can't stand when my PC games have bad framerates, nothing kills a game faster for me. So guess I'll just have to pass on Battlefield 3 for now, probably for the better anyway, not sure how much I would have actually played it. Plus having to run such a gorgeous game on low graphics would suck. O well, at least I found out before I paid the $60 for the game, thanks for the info.

#6 Posted by icoangel (47 posts) -
#7 Posted by DrGreatJob (127 posts) -

It's alright, the game is fun, but $60 is a decent chunk of cash towards a new PC someday!

#8 Posted by Carnage1290 (114 posts) -

That site is amazing.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.