I am the dumbest person to ever walk the earth.

• 123 results
#1 Edited by Simplexity (1382 posts) -

Fact.

Today when I woke up I started thinking a lot about BF3 for some reason, and kept thinking "man I should totally buy that and play it". However there is one problem, I am so fucking poor this month basically I had 1200 norwegian kroner to last me 3 weeks which equates to roughly 220 dollars.

However I kept thinking about it and became more and more tempted knowing it was just a mouseclick away but eventually I managed to overcome my temptation... Or so it seemed, I went to Gianbomb and noticed the kinect QL, and the part where they cut because of technical difficulty sort of sounds like the BF3 bass thing that was it, the drop that filled the bucket. I went and bought it, so now I have basically no money for food or anything but atleast I have BF3 right?

Well the thing is now that I am looking at the download bar I am realizing that I really don't want to play it, and that I haven't like a multiplayer FPS in pretty much a decade.

So has anyone done anything dumber? I refuse to believe it, now if you will excuse me I am going to go and cry into my pillow while I starve.

#2 Posted by SpartyOn (500 posts) -

Have I done anything dumber.....hmmm.....yes, yes I have.

Have I done anything that dumb involving money/video games....hell no

#3 Posted by NegativeCero (2995 posts) -

Well I hope you like ramen, or whatever the norwegian equivalent is. But I'm sure we've all done our fair share of dumb things.

#4 Posted by ckeats (489 posts) -

I continuously make theses bad mistakes, so I'm clearly dumber than you.
And I'm going to willingly make it again for skyrim.

#5 Edited by MikeGosot (3227 posts) -

You don't have money until...? I mean, i spend my money on games instead of eating (Yes, i've done that.) when i know that i'll have money TOMORROW. 

Edit:  Oh, 3 weeks. Sorry. Wait... 3 WEEKS!? WTF!? Sorry, but you ARE dumb.

#6 Posted by SSully (4159 posts) -

I am in a similar situation. I am tight on money and am really tempted to buy some of these great games, uncharted 3, batman, battlefield 3. But then I realized that I have to spend my money on more important things and can just wait until I have spare cash. So I guess the situation isn't that similar after all, sorry.

#7 Posted by SuperSambo (2860 posts) -

$220 for 3 weeks doesn't seem like a crazy small amount.

#8 Posted by MrKlorox (11209 posts) -

I unintentionally gave myself carbon monoxide poisoning. I think it might have been dumber.

#9 Posted by Simplexity (1382 posts) -

@SuperSambo: That is before my purchase, it is now 713 kroner in total which is 130 dollars :(

#10 Posted by deathstriker666 (1337 posts) -

At least you didn't spend that money on some shitty Skylanders action figures like Jeff.

#11 Posted by BionicRadd (617 posts) -

I got a credit card to buy World of Warcraft Cataclysm on day one, because I happened to be broke at the time. I paid it off as soon as the bill hit, but still, it's pretty damn stupid.

#12 Posted by Video_Game_King (36272 posts) -

Really? Do you know how stupid humans are?

#13 Posted by RobertOrri (1121 posts) -

@deathstriker666 said:

At least you didn't spend that money on some shitty Skylanders action figures like Jeff.

Shh, don't give him ideas!

#14 Posted by Simplexity (1382 posts) -

Alright the download finished, this game better be fucking excellent or I am going into deep depression.

#15 Posted by Mercy_ (259 posts) -

@Video_Game_King said:

Really? Do you know how stupid humans are?

I love that this is worded as if you aren't one.

You are one, aren't you O_o

#16 Posted by I_smell (3924 posts) -

I bought Classic Sega Megadrive Collection for the PS3, but I have an Xbox :/ And I could just fucking emulate those games anyway so what am I doing.

Also I traded in Zone of Enders 2, which I've only ever seen in real life ONCE, and 007: Agent Under Fire, and The Sims Bustin' Out for Dragonball Z Budokai Tenkaichi.

Those are all fairly great games, but the DBZ one was just miserable. There's like 200 characters with all the same moves, and it's a fighting game that's over-the-shoulder...what a ripoff.

#17 Posted by Dagbiker (6970 posts) -

@Prodstep said:

Fact.

Today when I woke up I started thinking a lot about BF3 for some reason, and kept thinking "man I should totally buy that and play it". However there is one problem, I am so fucking poor this month basically I had 1200 norwegian kroner to last me 3 weeks which equates to roughly 220 dollars.

However I kept thinking about it and became more and more tempted knowing it was just a mouseclick away but eventually I managed to overcome my temptation... Or so it seemed, I went to Gianbomb and noticed the kinect QL, and the part where they cut because of technical difficulty sort of sounds like the BF3 bass thing that was it, the drop that filled the bucket. I went and bought it, so now I have basically no money for food or anything but atleast I have BF3 right?

Well the thing is now that I am looking at the download bar I am realizing that I really don't want to play it, and that I haven't like a multiplayer FPS in pretty much a decade.

So has anyone done anything dumber? I refuse to believe it, now if you will excuse me I am going to go and cry into my pillow while I starve.

One of your Kin sold me this crappy troll doll for something like 30 dollars. when i was on a cruse through the fjords.

#18 Posted by deathstriker666 (1337 posts) -

@Prodstep said:

Alright the download finished, this game better be fucking excellent or I am going into deep depression.

Fun Fact: No game is ever going to be worth 3 weeks without food.

#19 Posted by DystopiaX (5300 posts) -

...holy shit. I was mad that I managed to randomly spend 60 dollars in one weekend on shit, but this is worse than that...damn

#20 Posted by BraveToaster (12590 posts) -

I dropped my 16GB iPod Touch in the toilet a few weeks ago.

#21 Posted by Video_Game_King (36272 posts) -
@courtney12490

No, I'm  not. Humans aren't the only ones with Internet access.
#22 Posted by Hero_Swe (1131 posts) -
@Prodstep said:

Fact.

If you don't want it I can gladly take it off your hands. I can't do anything about your lack of food though. But I'll keep you in my thoughts.
#23 Posted by Azteck (7449 posts) -

Meatballs for the rest of the month.

#24 Posted by Jeust (10552 posts) -

Well today I was thinking of preordering The Old Republic, but I was resonable and dogded that bullet, so I can invest in other things if I wish to do so.

#25 Posted by Aetheldod (3554 posts) -

@Prodstep: I sold my house to pay another house .... and had to sell that one as well :( believe you me I've been a lot dumber than you

#26 Posted by Cloudenvy (5891 posts) -

@NegativeCero said:

Well I hope you like ramen.

You say that like it's a bad thing!

#27 Posted by SoldierG654342 (1763 posts) -

I've asked someone to throw a filled sandbag at me.

#28 Posted by GloriousDinosaur (433 posts) -

@BionicRadd said:

I got a credit card to buy World of Warcraft Cataclysm on day one, because I happened to be broke at the time. I paid it off as soon as the bill hit, but still, it's pretty damn stupid.

woah......

#29 Posted by cstrang (2381 posts) -

I thought for sure this was going to be a post about the opposite sex.

#30 Posted by NegativeCero (2995 posts) -

@Cloudenvy said:

@NegativeCero said:

Well I hope you like ramen.

You say that like it's a bad thing!

Never said it was, it's just relatively cheap. Love ramen though.

#31 Posted by tourgen (4469 posts) -

man that's not bad at all.  I don't know what food costs where you're at but you can make $130 go for quite a while.  Buy some flower and yeast and  bake some bread.  you can bake a room full of bread CHEAP.  get a bunch of potatoes and beans.  pretty much nothing pre-packaged and lots of vegetables can go a long way.

once I turned a lawn mower blade by hand to clear some grass.  It didn't start and I still have my hand, but it was close.  it chugged and almost caught.  that was pretty dumb.

#32 Posted by Mmmslash (2168 posts) -

@GloriousDinosaur said:

@BionicRadd said:

woah......

I don't see the issue here. While it's not necessary, paying off a credit card in a timely fashion improves your credit score. Honestly, he was responsible and improved his life. Also, he got to play basically the only content in WoW I enjoyed since before BC came.

#33 Posted by GloriousDinosaur (433 posts) -

Nono, dont get me wrong, thats just a lot of commitment

#34 Posted by Trylks (829 posts) -

I crashed my car for driving too fast.

I am very ashamed, and I'll ever be.

#35 Posted by Trylks (829 posts) -

@tourgen said:

man that's not bad at all. I don't know what food costs where you're at but you can make $130 go for quite a while. Buy some flower and yeast and bake some bread. you can bake a room full of bread CHEAP. get a bunch of potatoes and beans. pretty much nothing pre-packaged and lots of vegetables can go a long way. once I turned a lawn mower blade by hand to clear some grass. It didn't start and I still have my hand, but it was close. it chugged and almost caught. that was pretty dumb.

Some milk and chicken for the proteins, those are the cheapests, I think.

#36 Posted by AlexW00d (6236 posts) -

@SuperSambo said:

$220 for 3 weeks doesn't seem like a crazy small amount.

Things in Norway cost a whole lot more than in the US.

#37 Posted by Zacagawea (1590 posts) -

@Axxol said:

I did that to mine 3 days ago right after I had got done pissing and was in the action of flushing. I'll never be the same.

#38 Posted by iam3green (14390 posts) -
@Axxol said:

does it still work? i one time had my phone go threw the wash. i let the phone dry for a few days, the speakers didn't work. i had to keep it on vibrate all the time. i keep my phone on vibrate all the time. 

it looks like you have to sell some stufff to get food. you can buy some cheap foods and make something out of it.
#39 Posted by benpicko (2005 posts) -

@Axxol said:

That sounds like a clever thing to do.

#40 Posted by Lifestrike (482 posts) -

"Before honor comes humility"

#41 Posted by Mmmslash (2168 posts) -

Once, as a teenager, and after watching a particularly terrible teenager-aimed potty-humor sort of movie, I tried to stick my junk inside of a vacuum hose.

We all have moments of severe lack of foresight. As long as you learn something from this, you can chalk it up as a lesson learned and move on. Eat some ramen for awhile, and try to enjoy your game, if you can.

#42 Posted by BraveToaster (12590 posts) -

@Zacagawea said:

@Axxol said:

I did that to mine 3 days ago right after I had got done pissing and was in the action of flushing. I'll never be the same.

Yeah, that's exactly what happened. :(

@iam3green said:

@Axxol said:

does it still work? i one time had my phone go threw the wash. i let the phone dry for a few days, the speakers didn't work. i had to keep it on vibrate all the time. i keep my phone on vibrate all the time. it looks like you have to sell some stufff to get food. you can buy some cheap foods and make something out of it.

Well, it turned off as soon as I pulled it out, so I threw it in the trash can in my bathroom. I was wanted to pull it out, but there were used tampons on top of it, so I said fuck it. I had it for three years; that thing survived a deployment to Iraq with me.

@benpicko said:

@Axxol said:

Is that your reaction to every mistake people make?

#43 Posted by GunslingerPanda (4710 posts) -

I do this maybe one a month? Haha.

#44 Posted by Mikemcn (6982 posts) -

@Axxol said:

I'm going to do that one day, I know it, and then i'm going to be an extremely unhappy camper.

#45 Posted by Deleth (250 posts) -

Have I done things wich were just as dumb or even worse? Yeah. Love to remember when I was alone over the summer break several years ago. Spend nearly ALL the money my parents left me for food and stuff on games. Then lived from noodles for several weeks. In the end I ran out of noodles and there wasn't anything to eat at all. Was lucky that my friends were there for me in times of need. ;D

#46 Posted by benpicko (2005 posts) -

@Axxol said:

@Zacagawea said:

@Axxol said:

Yeah, that's exactly what happened. :(

@iam3green said:

@Axxol said:

does it still work? i one time had my phone go threw the wash. i let the phone dry for a few days, the speakers didn't work. i had to keep it on vibrate all the time. i keep my phone on vibrate all the time. it looks like you have to sell some stufff to get food. you can buy some cheap foods and make something out of it.

Well, it turned off as soon as I pulled it out, so I threw it in the trash can in my bathroom. I was wanted to pull it out, but there were used tampons on top of it, so I said fuck it. I had it for three years; that thing survived a deployment to Iraq with me.

@benpicko said:

@Axxol said:

Is that your reaction to every mistake people make?

No, sometime it's, 'Well that was fucking stupid,' or, 'Wow. You're smart, aren't you.'

I'm not very original, am I :(

#47 Posted by DefAde (264 posts) -

Maybe i'm the one being dumb now... but...

You had roughly 220 dollars.... bought one game.... and now have no money for food? - That's a hell of an expensive game!

#48 Posted by lord_canti (1507 posts) -

did you buy all the skylanders? no ? then there's worse things to do :P

#49 Edited by Rafaelfc (1332 posts) -

well, think of the fun you can have crashing helicopters on BF3, clearly that can replace a couple of lunches/dinners (ask to eat at friends' houses a lot)

I got a pretty dumb story myself (more sad than dumb actually) I was doing live switching for a decently sized concert, which just so happened to have the producer who may get my company a big dvd to shoot in the future, doing the live sound. Doing a fan-fuckin-tastic job was actually top priority.

We checked the system before the concert, everything was up and running, show starts, and the live switching was awesome, getting regular compliments from the managers who were next to me. I was pretty pumped and never checked the recorder again (these things usually just go but sometimes...)

After the concert, we thought we'd just go out and celebrate. So I go to check the recorder after the concert and it's stopped... checked the data and it stopped somehow after just 3 minutes of footage. I think to myself "well at least all the cameras were recording separately as a backup, I can pull an all nighter and deliver the concert with an even better edit tomorrow morning"...

When I arrive at the office to start transferring the material, I find out one of the cameras didn't record at all (despite me telling them and asking via communications)

and to think all this pain could be avoided by just double checking the recorder as the intro rolled...

FML!

#50 Posted by Deleth (250 posts) -

@DefAde said:

Maybe i'm the one being dumb now... but...

You had roughly 220 dollars.... bought one game.... and now have no money for food? - That's a hell of an expensive game!

Games in Europe are actually pretty expensive. Somewhere around 50-60 Euros isn't that uncommon. Would be about 90 dollars. So he spend nearly half his money on that one game. It's quite possible that his money isn't going to last the whole time he would've needed it to.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.