Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Battlefield 3

Game » consists of 15 releases. Released Oct 25, 2011

Battlefield 3 is DICE's third numerical installment in the Battlefield franchise. It features a single player and co-operative campaign, as well as an extensive multiplayer component.

I shot a helicopter down with a tank shell...

Red12b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

Edited By Red12b

BF3 is my game of the year.

What cool shit have you seen / done?

Red12b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By Red12b

BF3 is my game of the year.

What cool shit have you seen / done?

Avatar image for taliciadragonsong
    TaliciaDragonsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#2  Edited By TaliciaDragonsong

I headshotted a pilot out of a littlebird earlier, he was annoying and it felt good.

Besides that, choppers tend to underestimate tank LMG's and before they realize they are getting murdered its often too late <3

kermoosh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By kermoosh

killed half a dozen people in less than ten seconds, but that happens somewhat often so its not special

Azteck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By Azteck

Not really that cool but it felt pretty great. We we're pushing a point in Rush and they had the area locked down by like 5-6 snipers that we couldn't see, so I whipped out my IR scope and picked them off one by one until we could get through

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#5  Edited By AhmadMetallic

I haven't played much since I don't have the game yet and I'm using a friend's game to play :( 

I shot down a jet with the T90 tank on Kubra Dam in BF2 once ^^

SomeJerk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By SomeJerk

I took out a jet with a tank shell, I headshot a Littledurp pilot with a shotgun slug and his craft nearly crashed into me, I suicide bombed and survived the explosion so I went on foot and kill three more enemy soldiers in a few seconds.

Despite the deserved crap I dare to give BF3, it's my GOTY2011 (since we probably can't take Xenoblade Wii into the voting due to it being EU/JP only).

Skyrim better be Morrowind 2: Electric Dragon Bogaloo, to have a chance.

SeriouslyNow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By SeriouslyNow

Kharg Island Rush, I was prone and kinda distracted when I see a russian chopper overhead. I look up and blind shot, no scope, with my RPG. The PG sails right into the chopper's window and takes out three people.

theguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By theguy

Taking out a chopper with a smaw (unguided rocket) while under fire was a pretty awesome moment.

Also i spent about 20 minutes on Caspian Border in a jeep just rolling over snipers in the hills.

Avatar image for deactivated-59a31562f0e29
    deactivated-59a31562f0e29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

just had a good one, parachuting in on a spawn beacon and shot an RPG a fair way across the map while in the air. destroyed a tank for the double kill.

Vodun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Vodun

Me and a buddy rushed to the container area on Noshahr Canals with a jeep at the very start of a game. We caught two squads (I imagine) by surprise and I mowed them all down. Never let go of the trigger and I over heated just as I killed the last guy. 7 kills in all. Afterwards I apologized to my buddy for screaming into the mic.

xdaknightx69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By xdaknightx69

pics or it didnt happen :P

i took out 2 people with a tank trying to repair there chopper from 200meters!

cronus42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By cronus42

Going kamikaze with a disabled jet right into a fully loaded transport chopper. Got a roadkill bonus for everyone inside.

Akyho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Akyho

Old news. Did it years ago. Snipe pilots. I have crashed empty Transport choppers into fully loaded Transport choppers and had the pilot blamed for killing the entire crew. In BF2

In BF:BC2 sniped a pilot out of the cockpit of his transport chopper with a slug shot shotgun. I didnt know it would happen but it happened.

In BF2 I shot a jet out fo the sky with a tank shot.

xMP44x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#15  Edited By xMP44x

I hit a helicopter with a tank last night as well, and likely deafened my friend with the shout of "Oh my God" as he rode in the tank with me. That was funny, because I didn't aim; I went as high as possible and fired, before apparently hitting the chopper. I felt a buzz from it all, and that sums up how I felt when I hit it.

Beaudacious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Beaudacious

I had a jihad jeep prepped for tanks, then when i jumped off a hill there was a heli flying low. So i bailed and the blast radius was enough to destroy the heli. For a second i thought i was playing GTAlV, due to the level of ridiculousness i had just witnessed.

Feikken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Feikken

Not me, but the great king of sweden managed to shoot an a-10 out of the sky with his tank.

also check out this guy's other videos. Easily the best battlefield commentator on the face of the planet

Avatar image for thedudeofgaming
    TheDudeOfGaming

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#18  Edited By TheDudeOfGaming

@SomeJerk said:

Skyrim better be Morrowind 2: Electric Dragon Bogaloo, to have a chance.

Oh, but it will be, that, and so much more!

zidd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 24

#19  Edited By zidd

I hovered a scout helicopter behind a tank while my passengers took it out. It was cool as hell and the tank didn't even notice until it was disabled.

Vexxan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#20  Edited By Vexxan

I'd like to play this game just to do stupid shit like this. 

MeierTheRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By MeierTheRed

shot down plenty of helicopters in BC2 with tanks, also sniped a few pilots... that was just pure luck though.

mikemcn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#22  Edited By mikemcn

Plane tried to dive bomb my tank at the start of a match, i shot one shell at it and hit it, in full view of my entire team, I felt awesome.

Marz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#23  Edited By Marz

I also did hit an attack chopper with a tank shell on Caspian from across the map, that felt pretty good :P    
    though i think my best moment was getting a double kill with my m98b with one bullet from pretty far away, got a marksman bonus on both guys and points added up to over 600 from those two kills.

Avatar image for randominternetuser
    RandomInternetUser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've shot several choppers down with the tank's cannon. One game I did it three times I believe, it was Damavand Peak and some dude kept coming at me with a Littlebird and I blasted him out of the sky every time, it was so fun.

warxsnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#25  Edited By warxsnake

I play mostly jets and it feels good to immobilize and destroy pretty much any other type of vehicle on the other team, and to rocket down the occasional shitty snipers on rooftops, or rocket down and crumble buildings with campers in them.

Giantstalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#26  Edited By Giantstalker

Not super crazy, but I got shot down, jumped out of my jet, and after I pulled my chute locked on with a stinger and destroyed the guy's plane who took me out.

He also jumped out and used his parachute, we proceeded to shoot at each other from insane distances using only the carbines/assault rifles as we slowly drifted down. Right before we hit the ground, I actually managed to kill him.

Blackout62

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Blackout62

Was playing conquest on Damavand Peak, I was riding in the scout heli for the Russians over the US side of the tunnel. I told the pilot to fly up to the base jump point the map uses in rush but is out of bounds in conquest. The pilot does it, lands right on the platform, I hop out and run for the edge as the countdown goes. I jump off and dive straight for the enemy's flag. That and a time immediately afterwards are the only times I've gotten to do that jump.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.