If I hear it one more time...

• 73 results
#1 Edited by senorfuzzeh (385 posts) -

EDIT: Space unicorns and rainbows.

Happy?

Look heres a picture..

#2 Posted by TheHumanDove (2523 posts) -

You work at gamestop?...

Everyone! Grab yer torch n' pitchforkksss!

#3 Posted by thehexeditor (1404 posts) -

@senorfuzzeh said:

kids

There's your problem. You're fighting a losing battle.

#4 Edited by nintendoeats (5975 posts) -

The bugs might not be a valid complaint, but if they didn't like the gameplay then that's their perogative. I mean they might be idiots, but that doesn't mean that they should buy a game that they find too complicated.

#5 Posted by supermike6 (3611 posts) -

If people want to cancel their pre-order because they don't think they'll like the game, than that's their fucking choice. Don't get mad at them for liking CoD better.

Also, it's the internet; you're allowed to swear.

#6 Edited by MasturbatingestBear (1194 posts) -

The fact that the party system was so broken was unforgivable, beta or not its clearly the same awkward system. On top of that its a system which sometimes doesn't land me and my friends on the same team and once actually not even in the same game. Thats right, we were all in the thing they call a "party system" and we all found a game at the same time, but different games. That is bullshit.

#7 Posted by Vitor (2829 posts) -

@senorfuzzeh: Well, considering the state of the beta, and the general way in which people tend to misunderstand that very concept, especially as betas have generally become glorified demos, I think it was borderline STUPID for EA to have allowed Dice to release the beta in that state.

For me it was fine and I was happy to accept the issues and move on, especially as due to MS certification the code is actually a lot older than most people assume, despite the game being out so soon. However, I can totally understand why so many people would come out with a negative impression of the game.

#8 Posted by senorfuzzeh (385 posts) -

@nintendoeats said:

The bugs might not be a valid complaint, but if they didn't like the gameplay then that's their perogative. I mean they might be idiots, but that doesn't mean that they should buy a game that they find too complicated.

I just feel like kids only find it too complicated because they're spoiled to call of duty.

@supermike6 said:

If people want to cancel their pre-order because they don't think they'll like the game, than that's their fucking choice. Don't get mad at them for liking CoD better.

Also, it's the internet; you're allowed to swear.

My main complaint is that people are whining that its too glitchy and the graphics aren't up to par with the videos.

Plus also I only bleeped it out cuz I've had fingers waggled at me for cussing on other forum sites before.

#9 Edited by Three0neFive (2300 posts) -

You sound like a fun, pleasant person to be around.

Stop getting mad at kids. They like what they like, they don't have to justify their preferences, least of all to some creepy, grumpy store clerk.

Also, this:

@Jimbo said:

A Pre-alpha Beta? Interesting.

#10 Posted by Jimbo (9936 posts) -

A Pre-alpha Beta? Interesting.

#11 Edited by senorfuzzeh (385 posts) -

@Vitor said:

@senorfuzzeh: Well, considering the state of the beta, and the general way in which people tend to misunderstand that very concept, especially as betas have generally become glorified demos, I think it was borderline STUPID for EA to have allowed Dice to release the beta in that state.

For me it was fine and I was happy to accept the issues and move on, especially as due to MS certification the code is actually a lot older than most people assume, despite the game being out so soon. However, I can totally understand why so many people would come out with a negative impression of the game.

Agree'd I thought it was weird also that they put it out this close to the release date.

@Three0neFive: I'm not mad at the kids, I'm mad at the teenagers who call themselves gamers.

#12 Edited by Swoxx (3006 posts) -

The beta sure was a mistake on EA's part, a big one.

I agree though, people are so fucking spoiled with polished marketing betas these days they don't even know what a proper beta is anymore.

I'm pre-loaded and ready to fucking rock though.

#13 Posted by Jackel2072 (2278 posts) -

@senorfuzzeh said:

@Vitor said:

Agree'd I thought it was weird also that they put it out this close to the release date.

at the end of the day blame MS and Sony. the only reason we got old glitchy code was because it takes so long for the certification process. which should maybe be waved considering its a beta not a final product.

#14 Edited by Vitor (2829 posts) -

@senorfuzzeh: Especially as most people don't realise how long Cert takes and won't understand just how old that code was. Unless your demo is hell of polished, you really shouldn't release it if you're trying to place yourself as the pre-eminent FPS of the holiday. Say what you will about COD, but those guys know polish, at least on a surface level (Say all you want about balance).

Hell, I still find it crazy that BF3 didn't go gold until last week. That's pretty unheard of for such a major release. I know people like to tinker up until launch, but that usually manifests itself as a day 1 patch, not full on extra dev time.

#15 Posted by Twitchey (865 posts) -
@senorfuzzeh: I know this is really off topic but is there any penalty from switching a pre order at Gamestop?
#16 Posted by EchoEcho (836 posts) -

@MasturbatingestBear: There is a top ten list of issues that DICE intends to fix for release, and #1 in the list was this:

1. Squad issues: Cannot play with friends within same squad, squads get split up onto opposite teams, etc.

There will be improved squad functionality in the retail game (including but not limited to): the ability to create squads prior to launching into a game, sticking with your squad when joining a game and continuing together through future games (If team balance on the server allows it), inviting friends to a squad and changing squads once in game.

You can read the rest over at the official Battlefield 3 Blog.

#17 Edited by senorfuzzeh (385 posts) -

@Vitor said:

@senorfuzzeh: Especially as most people don't realise how long Cert takes and won't understand just how old that code was. Unless your demo is hell of polished, you really shouldn't release it if you're trying to place yourself as the pre-eminent FPS of the holiday. Say what you will about COD, but those guys know polish, at least on a surface level (Say all you want about balance).

I don't hate CoD. I know I gave off the impression, I just don't like what it stands for.

Kids shouldn't be shooting terrorists, they should be exploring caves in Hyrule, or catching pikachu for the first time.

Not watching a British guy beat the living hell out of someone.

@Twitchey said:

@senorfuzzeh: I know this is really off topic but is there any penalty from switching a pre order at Gamestop?

Yeah, It lowers my numbers I need to meet. Any time anyone gets rid of a pre-order, even if their just switching pre-order, that old order comes in as "Dropped" Which hurts me and the store.

#18 Posted by animathias (1194 posts) -

@senorfuzzeh said:

And if you had any brains you'd know that EA is too big of a company to put out a game THAT unfinished to the public, especially when its one of their biggest games.

But that's what they did. Yeah, it was a beta, but it was an open beta advertised for all to download. In a world where Microsoft/Bungie and Activision can release smooth, marketing betas months before their big games are released, EA releasing a legitimate, buggy beta to the masses a month out was a bad idea. Of course that would lead to people wanting to cancel their pre-orders.

Just my two cents. I didn't play the beta and won't play the actual game, but I hope it's good.

#19 Posted by Juicebox (485 posts) -

I tried to cancel Battlefield 3, but the Gamestop Clerk was being a total douche.

I hate people like you, If i want to cancel a game i should be able to without your rants.

#20 Posted by PrivateIronTFU (3874 posts) -

It's EA's fault. I pre-ordered the game, and I know the final retail version will be much more polished than the buggy and kind of ugly beta we were given. But damn, they should have been way more up front about the fact that the beta was months old. I don't blame anybody for playing the beta and then canceling their pre-order.

#21 Posted by LordXavierBritish (6320 posts) -

You're a really terrible employee, I'm glad you don't work at my Gamestop.

#22 Posted by Juicebox (485 posts) -

@LordXavierBritish:

I agree . How do douchebags like this even get hired?

#23 Posted by Soffish (139 posts) -

I really can't fault people for canceling their preorders after that beta, it really was a total mess. If they put out that beta months before the game was supposed ship, then it wouldn't be an issue. But if you put out a gloried demo 3 weeks before the game comes out that is complete garbage, then you should expect that might impact sales a bit.

#24 Posted by jacksmedulla (281 posts) -

I think you are just an elitist prick.

#25 Posted by BawlZINmotion (714 posts) -

Releasing an alpha build of "Operation Metro" to consoles, 1 month before release and a calling it a beta, is probably the biggest mistake in the 2011 game industry. The short lived beta for "Caspian Border" was much more telling of what the final product would be and should have continued until release.

#26 Edited by senorfuzzeh (385 posts) -

@Juicebox: You can't blame him, It makes our supervisors frown on everyone in the whole store, and when a bunch of people are trying to cancel you'd want to do something about it too otherwise you might be looking for a new job soon. Our "Buddy call" Game stop lost their manager and both of their LGs simply because of all the cancelled pre-orders.

#27 Posted by jjnen (661 posts) -

I can't decide if OP is trolling or really frustrated employee.

Either way his points are really dumb and even if they weren't he is an customer servant which means he has to be able to disregard these complains and put on a happy face. I'm sure this isn't the first time there are customers complaining about some stupid stuff.

#28 Posted by PrivateIronTFU (3874 posts) -

@LordXavierBritish said:

You're a really terrible employee, I'm glad you don't work at my Gamestop.

I really want to know where you live that doesn't have a Gamestop with terrible employees. I live in Washington state, and the one I go to has three terrible employees who all do exactly the type of shit this guy does.

#29 Posted by Knetic2341 (243 posts) -

@Juicebox said:

I tried to cancel Battlefield 3, but the Gamestop Clerk was being a total douche.

I hate people like you, If i want to cancel a game i should be able to without your rants.

It's kinda their job. They are selling you something. I doubt they want that "sale" to walk out.

#30 Edited by senorfuzzeh (385 posts) -

@Knetic2341 said:

@Juicebox said:

It's kinda their job. They are selling you something. I doubt they want that "sale" to walk out.

Thank you. Like I said in my last post our buddy call gamestop lost three employees simply because they couldn't stop all the cancels.

@LordXavierBritish: I am just venting. Isnt that what the interent is for? Obviously I dont go and yell at the kids in my store.

#31 Posted by TEHMAXXORZ (1199 posts) -

I was interested in Battlefield 3 for the Xbox, but the Beta made me think I was only going to enjoy it on the PC (not because of the glitches/bugs).

#32 Posted by senorfuzzeh (385 posts) -

@TEHMAXXORZ said:

I was interested in Battlefield 3 for the Xbox, but the Beta made me think I was only going to enjoy it on the PC (not because of the glitches/bugs).

It does play better on the PC technically. Has better graphics, smoother, and you can get up 64 players in a match.

#33 Edited by Jackel2072 (2278 posts) -

@senorfuzzeh said:

@Knetic2341 said:

@Juicebox said:

Thank you. Like I said in my last post our buddy call gamestop lost three employees simply because they couldn't stop all the cancels.

@LordXavierBritish: I am just venting. Isnt that what the interent is for? Obviously I dont go and yell at the kids in my store.

if you loose your job because I canceled my pre-order im really sorry. but at the end of the day if i dont want the fucking thing im not going to buy out of guilt or for what ever reason. You dont like the way your employer treats you. try banding together and striking. its worked in the past. but dont go blaming me because you lost your job...

#34 Posted by AhmadMetallic (18954 posts) -
@senorfuzzeh said:

Also I've gotten plenties of "Its too hard, I like CoD better."

One of these days I am gonna slap one of the little ****s.

Damn. With everything DICE did to their own franchise to appeal to (and milk) those CoD teenagers, I'm surprised it's still not appealing to them.. 

More good news for Battlefield 4 :/
#35 Posted by Vitor (2829 posts) -

@senorfuzzeh: I wasn't singling you out at all - I meant people in general as I knew that, as soon as I suggested that the COD games were polished, someone was going to tear my post apart so I thought it best to cover myself!

#36 Posted by lmenzol (271 posts) -

@senorfuzzeh: they same retards that say its too hard are the same idiots that complain about juggernaut perk and all that other ridiculous bullshit in those games

#37 Posted by Jayross (2365 posts) -

Don't get mad at them, blame EA.

#38 Posted by khopps17 (50 posts) -

Now... I purchased BF3 and have it pre loaded on my pc as I type this... but i find some issue with your statement..... beta code... can't be pre alpha code.... that just doesn't make any sense.....

@senorfuzzeh said:

Not to mention the fact if you go onto DICE's forums it says the beta is PRE-ALPHA! (For those of you who don't know what that is, it means really, really old.)

#39 Posted by AhmadMetallic (18954 posts) -
@khopps17 said:

Now... I purchased BF3 and have it pre loaded on my pc as I type this... but i find some issue with your statement..... beta code... can't be pre alpha code.... that just doesn't make any sense.....

@senorfuzzeh said:

Not to mention the fact if you go onto DICE's forums it says the beta is PRE-ALPHA! (For those of you who don't know what that is, it means really, really old.)

If you're familiar with DICE you'd be familiar with their assbackwards lies.. We all know it doesn't make sense, but there are enough hype-driven idiots on the internet to believe it and make it a fact.
#40 Posted by AlexAlterisio (96 posts) -

Chill out dude. Whether you like CoD of Battlefield better is a personal preference. You getting all mad over someone liking Call of Duty better is the most childish thing in your entire post.

#41 Edited by CL60 (16906 posts) -

@Soffish said:

I really can't fault people for canceling their preorders after that beta, it really was a total mess. If they put out that beta months before the game was supposed ship, then it wouldn't be an issue. But if you put out a gloried demo 3 weeks before the game comes out that is complete garbage, then you should expect that might impact sales a bit.

Glorified demo? You realize the build was old because they need to pass it through sony and microsoft before it can go up.

#42 Edited by DonPixel (2604 posts) -

@senorfuzzeh said:

I have heard plenty of this (out of people I respect in real life) I'm not trying to be a BF fanboy here, But common that's just lame.. it's a damn shooter how hard can it be?

#43 Posted by Deathshroud (364 posts) -

@DonPixel said:

@senorfuzzeh said:

I have heard plenty of this (out of people I respect in real life) I'm not trying to be a BF fanboy here, But common that's just lame.. it's a damn shooter how hard can it be?

The feedback I got from a lot of people who played the "beta" . Was they did not like that you cannot really tell in anyway hot you were killed and the lack of other kind of tactical feedback.

#44 Posted by Winsord (1286 posts) -

I don't understand why you'd ever be angry over someone's decision not to play a game. If they don't like the game, they don't like it; no sense trying to vice people into playing it. In the situation that their main reason for cancelling the pre-order is that it was really buggy, then you explain to them that it was just a beta, an old build, etc. but if their reasoning is that they find the multiplayer too difficult, then so be it. A lot of people don't play games very often or for very long periods at a time, and Battlefield really isn't very good at helping new players get a feel for the game. What other people play shouldn't be your concern in the slightest; there's undeniably a level of subjectivity to how much fun a game is, and people are going to have different tastes than you. Battlefield 3 is not better than Call of Duty, and vice versa; don't get angry because someone thinks differently than you.

#45 Posted by Infininja (881 posts) -

@senorfuzzeh said:

I work at my local Gamestop and I can't tell you how many people I've had to talk out of NOT cancelling their pre-order for Battlefield 3.

Talk out of not cancelling? So you talked them into cancelling? These words don't mean what you think they mean.

#46 Posted by SSully (4276 posts) -

EA fucked up putting the beta out in that condition. I have multiple friends who played the beta(because EVERYONE was able to play it), got in a game and saw how glitchy it was, quit the game and said they aren't going to buy it. They either should of waited for it to be more stable, or made it a limited beta.

#47 Posted by Captain_Felafel (1596 posts) -

Don't be that guy, if BF3 turns out to be awesome, it's their loss.

#48 Posted by senorfuzzeh (385 posts) -

Yeah So I raged on the internet. Long day of work, wanted to vent, figured I'd go to the forums. Big mistake.

I just thought it was silly how dumb people could.

But now I seem dumb.

I am sure all of you have raged on the interweb before.

#49 Posted by Deranged (1856 posts) -

No offense mate, but why should you assume that it's your responsibility to defend the game? Props for giving some love to your game and all but it's not really your problem.

Just my two cents.

#50 Posted by carlthenimrod (1597 posts) -

You just painted yourself as the annoying Gamestop employee that can't perform simple transactions without harassing their customers beforehand. Nice work!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.