Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Battlefield 3

Game » consists of 15 releases. Released Oct 25, 2011

Battlefield 3 is DICE's third numerical installment in the Battlefield franchise. It features a single player and co-operative campaign, as well as an extensive multiplayer component.

If I hear it one more time...

• 73 results
    Avatar image for deactivated-59694a80bc6d9
    deactivated-59694a80bc6d9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

Although, you should consider that the meaning of the word 'BETA' has changed somewhat over the years. People of a younger generation probably think that it is a demo of a finished product.

shiftymagician

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#52  Edited By shiftymagician

@senorfuzzeh said:

Yeah So I raged on the internet. Long day of work, wanted to vent, figured I'd go to the forums. Big mistake.

I just thought it was silly how dumb people could.

But now I seem dumb.

I am sure all of you have raged on the interweb before.

It's alright dude. I get what you were trying to say even if you had forgotten that anyone, regardless of taste, has a right to choose what kind of game they want to purchase or avoid, even if the reasoning might be nonsensical or irrational.

Also yes, everyone rages on the internet or at it at least once, whether they actually post it out there or not.

senorfuzzeh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#53  Edited By senorfuzzeh

@carlthenimrod said:

You just painted yourself as the annoying Gamestop employee that can't perform simple transactions without harassing their customers beforehand. Nice work!

Its not like I am actually yelling at these people. Anyone at any job will get mad with with the job at one point or another. Its work, it gets frustrating sometimes, That doesn't mean I am harrasing the customers.

@ShiftyMagician: Thank you.

Mcfart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#54  Edited By Mcfart

The Xbox 360 beta was pretty bad. There were sinkholes everywhere, even one RIGHT beside the first A point in Op.Metro, where defenders would sink down into and make it impossible for the attackers to win. Also lots of lag/joining server issues/infinite load times

The PC version was surpingly more stable. 2 things:

A - People are allowed to cancel preorders before the game's release. Don't be a dick about it or you might lose customers. It's not Gamestops fault if people wanna cancel preorders, it's EA's.

B - If people get fired from Gamestop because of the preorder cancellations, then I feel sorry for them. Completly out of their hands (for the most part).

fullmetal5550

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#55  Edited By fullmetal5550

@Juicebox said:

I tried to cancel Battlefield 3, but the Gamestop Clerk was being a total douche.

I hate people like you, If i want to cancel a game i should be able to without your rants.

He shouldn't complain that people are cancelling their pre-orders because the beta was glitchy? If he wants to rant about it than let him.

Branthog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By Branthog

Maybe it's just their polite excuse so they don't have to awkwardly explain that they decided to buy it from Amazon or a digital download service, instead.

owl_of_minerva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By owl_of_minerva

Yeah, making purchasing decisions based on things that are clearly the result of buggy beta code is dumb, I agree. However, I'm sure that some people went into that beta wanting to find a reskinned Call of Duty anyway. It sucks that your job security is based on something as potentially insecure as people's preorders.

fullmetal5550

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By fullmetal5550

@senorfuzzeh said:

Yeah So I raged on the internet. Long day of work, wanted to vent, figured I'd go to the forums. Big mistake.

I just thought it was silly how dumb people could.

But now I seem dumb.

I am sure all of you have raged on the interweb before.

It is the internet. You are always going to get a few people who don't agree with what you say. If you have any funny experiences with customers you should put them on this site. http://notalwaysright.com/ Good site. Lets people see how dumb some customers really are.

ChillyUK7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By ChillyUK7

Is this how it went down?

Karl_Boss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#60  Edited By Karl_Boss

Pre-Alpha?....Yeah right....Dice would never release something that old to the public, they're just trying to cover themselves up by calling it a pre-alpha. (I have BF3 pre-ordered from Amazon BTW)

awe_stuck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By awe_stuck

@TheHumanDove said:

You work at gamestop?...

Everyone! Grab yer torch n' pitchforkksss!

This Guy.. Epic

@senorfuzzeh:

Bro, most people are ratarded. Borderline and beyond ratarded. We were lucky the beta came out.

Bollard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

#62  Edited By Bollard

@TheHumanDove said:

You work at gamestop?...

Everyone! Grab yer torch n' pitchforkksss!

This.

@Jimbo said:

A Pre-alpha Beta? Interesting.

And this. I'm done here.

Ravenlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By Ravenlight

Maybe consider a career change, man. You'll always encounter the most ignorant, laziest, cheapest people working in retail. Not good for the blood pressure.

awe_stuck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By awe_stuck

@Ravenlight said:

Maybe consider a career change, man. You'll always encounter the most ignorant, laziest, cheapest people working in retail. Not good for the blood pressure.

Ya, but the funny part is the people who work there are usually worse. LOL

fullmetal5550

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By fullmetal5550

@PrivateIronTFU said:

@LordXavierBritish said:

You're a really terrible employee, I'm glad you don't work at my Gamestop.

I really want to know where you live that doesn't have a Gamestop with terrible employees. I live in Washington state, and the one I go to has three terrible employees who all do exactly the type of shit this guy does.

The GameStop that I shop at has some really good employees. The manager has bent over backwards to help get me a couple of games that weren't in their store.

Avatar image for wintersnowblind
    WinterSnowblind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#66  Edited By WinterSnowblind

This is exactly why a lot of companies have gone off the idea of public beta's. People nowadays don't seem to understand the term, and instead just think of beta's as demo's.

Franstone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By Franstone

We don't need fools who cancel their pre-order because of some bugs during a beta on the battlefield anyway.

Or simply because of Origin.

Servers will be less crowded with morons.

People who know and love Battlefield know what they are getting into...

And we will be smiling from ear-to-ear on 10/25 I'm sure of it.

: )

sopranosfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 8

#68  Edited By sopranosfan

It could be worse. You could have paid for the beta like you did with Black Ops and have to deal with them fixing major problems for the first month. I am on 14th prestige on that game so don't think I am hating just pointing out that you can either have problems fixed before or after the release and I will take before.

Azteck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By Azteck

You know when people want to cancel their preorders, it's not your job to stop them. Let them do what they want, being harassed for not wanting it anymore is really annoying.

senorfuzzeh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By senorfuzzeh

@Pr1mus said:

@senorfuzzeh: You know what make me sick? People like you complaining that others cancel pre-orders in order to wait and see if indeed it was just a beta and everything works just fine. What is so fucking hard for idiots like you to understand in that? I played the beta, made a pretty long list of things that if not addressed i don't want to play the game. What's wrong in waiting and see if they actually fixed those things before dropping money on it? Grow up man.

Here let me rephrase this in simpler terms for your limited brain: If the game is fixed i'll buy it, if it isn't than i won't have wasted money on a broken game i don't want to play. Simple enough? probably not since you made the 12049348765th fucking thread about that but hey i tried.

Calm down bro. I already explained why I was mianly mad cuz I don't want to loose my job.

The fact you also got mad doesn't show you as any higher than me.

Seriously I already apologized in an earlier post for making this thread.

Obviously we all get mad from time to time as Pr1mus does a good job showing right here.

Sorry again for venting!

EDIT: You know what infact I am just going to completely change the topic of this forum, Cuz Im tired of the internet people getting their feathers ruffled.

Avatar image for thedudeofgaming
    TheDudeOfGaming

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#71  Edited By TheDudeOfGaming
    @supermike6 said:

If people want to cancel their pre-order because they don't think they'll like the game, than that's their fucking choice. Don't get mad at them for liking CoD better.

Also, it's the internet; you're allowed to swear.

Yeah, on this forum. Don't abuse it or we might lose that privilege! God fucking damn it all!
    Juicebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By Juicebox

@senorfuzzeh: Do you guys at gmestop check if 360 games have that circle ring scratch?

RsistncE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By RsistncE

@Juicebox said:

@senorfuzzeh: Do you guys at gmestop check if 360 games have that circle ring scratch?

You should be banned for this terrible terrible necrobump.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.