Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Battlefield 3

Game » consists of 15 releases. Released Oct 25, 2011

Battlefield 3 is DICE's third numerical installment in the Battlefield franchise. It features a single player and co-operative campaign, as well as an extensive multiplayer component.

imac or 360

Lozz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Lozz

OK so I have a 27" imac and an xbox 360 and I am completely torn over how to buy this game. I used to love BF2 back in the day and I think the PC version looks better however I'll have to buy a copy Windows 7 to run it, which I'm not really sure about. I guess it's more of a tech question but I'm wondering how well it will run in bootcamp with this: 
    Intel core i5 Quad Core 
    4gb Ram 
    ATI Radeon HD 5750 1gb 
    I also wanna get Skyrim later this year but I'm skeptical as to how the games will run on this, don't know if anyone else does this to play games.  
    Thanks!

MooseyMcMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 13

#2  Edited By MooseyMcMan

Normally I would always recommend console over PC (because I'm one of THOSE people), but Mac? Dude, you gotta put Windows 7 on it! (Yeah, I'm also one of THOSE people). 

Avatar image for deactivated-589899fbf34c7
    deactivated-589899fbf34c7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Yeah if u get a mac u have to fix bootcamp. But anyway, if you got yourself a nice flat screen tv, console is still a good choice.

Sambambo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#4  Edited By Sambambo

I have the I7 2.92 ghtz and 8gb RAM 27" iMac, but I'm getting on 360.

After playing Crysis on it, I realised that I hate the mouse and keyboard style of play, and would much rather kick back with a controller.

The game should run fine though, can run Crysis easily along with games like Gears of War.

the8bitNacho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By the8bitNacho

Most games run totally fine on a Mac, but the biggest problem is that a lot of developers do shoddy Cider ports of their games. This essentially means that they toss a wrapper onto the game that dynamically translates it from Windows source to something that can be presented on OS X. The key word is dynamically, meaning it seriously bogs down your system and will prevent you from running anything at the settings you should be able to with your expensive hardware. 

I would say you would be more satisfied purchasing the game on the Xbox 360, or playing it on Windows via Boot Camp.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.