Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Battlefield 3

Game » consists of 15 releases. Released Oct 25, 2011

Battlefield 3 is DICE's third numerical installment in the Battlefield franchise. It features a single player and co-operative campaign, as well as an extensive multiplayer component.

Lets be realistic now fellas.

• 127 results
    Vodun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#101  Edited By Vodun

@Seppli: @Ahmad_Metallic: I see no reason why you can't have the commo rose as well as the contextual commands. The rose is the base, but you have the default center option as contextual. So if you aim at a medic, the default selection is to ask for health. You still have the option to navigate the other menus but the rose adapts to the context in which is was initiated.

As for flooding, look at TF2. There is fairly bad spam there at times, but most often the voice comms there are used to pretty good effect.

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#102  Edited By Seppli
    @Vodun said:

@Seppli: @Ahmad_Metallic: I see no reason why you can't have the commo rose as well as the contextual commands. The rose is the base, but you have the default center option as contextual. So if you aim at a medic, the default selection is to ask for health. You still have the option to navigate the other menus but the rose adapts to the context in which is was initiated.

As for flooding, look at TF2. There is fairly bad spam there at times, but most often the voice comms there are used to pretty good effect.

Now imagine TF2 flooding x 8 or however many more 32 players in one team are in comparison to TF2. Unbearable.
    The_Nubster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

#103  Edited By The_Nubster
    @Ahmad_Metallic: You're creeping everyone out with your fucked-up BF2 obsession. Games change, fella. Speak with your wallet. You're a hypocritical asshole if you buy BF3.
    Vodun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104  Edited By Vodun

@Seppli: Well, the standard in TF2 is 24, but there are a lot of servers running 32....so...yeah no. You should get your facts straight first.

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105  Edited By Seppli
    @Vodun said:

@Seppli: Well, the standard in TF2 is 24, but there are a lot of servers running 32....so...yeah no. You should get your facts straight first.

32 vs 32 or 16 vs 16? Because BF3 will be 32 vs 32.
    Vodun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106  Edited By Vodun

@Seppli said:

@Vodun said:

16v16, but the TF2 radio comms are definitely pro-spam and like I said...doesn't really bother and gets the job done when it is used "right".

Spoonman671

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107  Edited By Spoonman671
    @Vodun said:

@Seppli said:

@Vodun said:

16v16, but the TF2 radio comms are definitely pro-spam and like I said...doesn't really bother and gets the job done when it is used "right".

What was that about getting facts straight?
    OneManX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 6

#108  Edited By OneManX

Something about BFBC2 just didn't sit well with me, it felt like everytime I played it was the same 3-4 maps everytime, and everything just felt like a grind. Like bang on an adjective for a few minutes then FINALLY break the line and get an MCOM. Now dont get me wrong and well executed attack with a coordinated group can MOW competition in minutes, but in my play time, it's rare to find a team where everyone is on the same page.

I just cant wait to getback into the large battlefields and have stuff to do if you just want to create mayhem.

sjupp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109  Edited By sjupp

@Seppli said:

@Ahmad_Metallic: Attitude. As in boldy risking your life to prevent a M-COM disarm. Attitude. As in running to fallen or hurt ally, from cover to cover, through a hail of bullets, neutralizing or supressing the threat and healing or reviving the teammate. Keeping the frontline pressure up. Attitude. As in smartly placing key assets to dominate the enemy frontlines from range. Attitude as in laying down a smokescreen and running right past the opposition without them ever knowing. Attitude as in taking impossible shots, just because some of them will hit. Attitude as in bullrushing a low armor tank as an engineer. Attitude as in going ninja deep behind enemy lines. Attitude as in flying low and fast and out of sight and fucking tanks or AA emplacement up their arse. Attitude as in frontline sniping, dragscoping and quickscoping. Attitude as in manning a jeep and using it effectively. Attitude as in a two player C4 crew on an ATV beating unweary tanks with ease. Attitude as in staring down three dudes, crouchwalk sidestep and expend every primary and secondary weapons and beat them all. Attitude as in sniping a pilot out of a chopper. Attitude as in facing the enemy head-on instead of crouching behind cover waiting for the foe to come. Attitude is to stay in a chopper despite it being traced a getting locked on. Attitude doesn't give up a meatgrinder chokepoint, it makes the meat grinder grind in the right direction. Attitude... Attitude... Attitude... Attitude... Attitude... Attitude... Attitude... Attitude... Attitude... Attitude... Attitude... Attitude... Attitude... Attitude... Attitude... Attitude... Attitude... Attitude... Attitude... Attitude... Attitude... Attitude... Attitude... Attitude... Attitude... Attitude... Attitude... Attitude... Attitude... Attitude... Attitude... Attitude... Attitude... Attitude. It takes attitude to do what's right. It takes attitude to do what's heroic. It takes attitude to do something extraordinary. It takes attitude to bare impossible odds and horrific situations. That's what attitude is to me. My attitude makes me a Battlefield player. Whining seems to be your attitude. Whiners are the worst.

Now that is a fucking rap lyric if I ever saw one.

intro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110  Edited By intro

Don't have a problem with those things.

Vodun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111  Edited By Vodun
    @Spoonman671 I don't know. Please do enlighten me.
    Avatar image for mordeaniischaos
    MordeaniisChaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 5

#112  Edited By MordeaniisChaos

BC2 was pretty quick to develop, wasn't it? And the lag isn't that bad, although I'm on PC, maybe you mean consoles? The only map I had an issue with was the windmill one. Which, admittedly, is all anyone plays now apparently, but still.

Edwardryu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113  Edited By Edwardryu

I guess it is only your personal opinion, right? then we all reject your idea because your argument on the game doesn't make any sense. plus, BF3 is the most anticipated, and will be  the greatest PC game ever. I don't play with fucking gamepad (or joystick whatever you call). it's for damn kids. real man play with only keyboard and mouse no matter what kind of games are. I don't even consider to buy console anytime or forever. why? my PC is one of the highest rig for gaming laptops in the market. so just shut the hell up.

Rolyatkcinmai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#114  Edited By Rolyatkcinmai

@Beaudacious said:

Have you played bf:bc2? If so, have you experienced; -the horrible hitboxes, -the horrible lag, -the terrible map design -The fact that to this very day this game has numerous bugs, still has horrible joystick control, and every update adds more bugs?

Nope, I've never experienced any of those.

Edit: Also, as someone who WAS in the BF3 Alpha, I did not experience any of those things.

Pinworm45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115  Edited By Pinworm45
    @SeriouslyNow said:

@Pinworm45 said:

@IIChristian89II said:
    ITT: somebody who obviously sucked at BC2 so now thinks every BF/BC game is bad.
    Or maybe it's just someone who doesn't like that a lot of features of a game they loved, features they enjoyed, are being changed and/or removed and they'd rather they weren't changed or removed. You're not Freud.

Projecting much? The OP doesn't even mention BF2 at all.

He may not be psychologically inclined but I am.

I hope that's not your career because you're dead wrong. I don't give a fuck about the complaints about BF3, I'm going to get it and enjoy it either way. 

But to assume someone doesn't have much hope for a future game based on provably broken features of the prior one is entirely a result of being bad at the previous game in the series and thus now thinks they're all bad is fucking retarded. 

You're trying too hard.
    Blackout62

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#116  Edited By Blackout62

I counter your argument with fun. Yes that alleged bullet point somehow unwritten on the back of every Battlefield game.

SeriouslyNow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117  Edited By SeriouslyNow

@Pinworm45 said:

@SeriouslyNow said:

@Pinworm45 said:

@IIChristian89II said:
    ITT: somebody who obviously sucked at BC2 so now thinks every BF/BC game is bad.
    Or maybe it's just someone who doesn't like that a lot of features of a game they loved, features they enjoyed, are being changed and/or removed and they'd rather they weren't changed or removed. You're not Freud.

I hope that's not your career because you're dead wrong. I don't give a fuck about the complaints about BF3, I'm going to get it and enjoy it either way. But to assume someone doesn't have much hope for a future game based on provably broken features of the prior one is entirely a result of being bad at the previous game in the series and thus now thinks they're all bad is fucking retarded. You're trying too hard.

In other words you suck at BF:BC2 and you're projecting your limitations on a game. You can't possibly be that angry all the time.

SeriouslyNow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118  Edited By SeriouslyNow

@Seppli said:

@Vodun said:

Now imagine TF2 flooding x 8 or however many more 32 players in one team are in comparison to TF2. Unbearable.

You think people can't flood or grief with context sensitive commands? In the meantime denying everyone features because some people will abuse them is bullshit.

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119  Edited By Seppli
    @SeriouslyNow said:

@Donos said:

@Liber said:

@Shotaro said:

@Liber I know what you mean. I think they're taking into account the mass of the bullet and not the velocity which is why the sniper bullet droops faster. The maths involved is relatively simple but when implementing a system like this simpler is often better especially since parabolic motion gets a lot more complex extremely quickly

That is poor research.

I don't know whats worse, bad ballistics or the fact that BC2 soldiers have bionic vision that lets you see M24 rounds in flight.

Between what I've been hearing and my experience with Medal of Honor's multiplayer (which seems to be a test bed for a lot of Battlefield 3 assets and mechanics) I'm fairly sure this has already been adressed, ie there is less drop and visibility in BF3.

@Evilmetal said:

@Ahmad_Metallic said:

@Seppli said:
    You should really play some Operation Hastings and Phu Bai Valley Conquest. Definitely the best and most Battlefield-y Conquest maps in BF:BC 2. The Vietnam expansion is grievously underrated.
    We just finished our GB BC2 gamenight hours ago and i feel sick to my stomach by that fucking game. I feel like a headless chicken running around mute and unbound by anything, serving no purpose other than to meet up with the enemy halfway between our flags and shoot each other to death..
    I don't see how those maps you mentioned could possibly be "battlefield-y" when they have that cheap quick-fix killfest gameplay.. it's scientifically impossible
    Whilst I agree that DICE overdid it in BF:BC 2 with imposing direction by map design via stringent restrictions, it definitely is the right idea. Maps like 'El Alamein' just don't work on PUB servers. Hell - many players can't even do the right thing if there's just a handful options.
    There's middle ground between the head-to-head POS map design of BC2 and the infinite-feeling design of 1942, it's called Battlefield 2. Not too wide with scattered bases to confuse and bore out players, but also not too linear and straight to cause the 24/7 confrontational action that BC2 is based on

Anyway, i welcome those dimwits you speak of, and i also welcome Call of Duty players. DICE is doing everything to please them - king of the hill mode, team deathmatch mode, rush mode, weapon customzation, health regen, triangle spotting, etc etc..
    I don't see an excuse for not having "real conquest" maps for us Battlefield fans.
    I have recently started to bellow commands via in-game chat and randoms actually heed my commands more often than not. It seems like they're too stupid to understand basic concepts on their own, but they can follow instructions. A simple 'PUSH PAST BRAVO, GAIN GROUND NOW!' when a team of nubs is cowardly camping behind a decisive capture point instead of keeping up pressure - it can win games.
    I love how 6 years ago, the game allowed you to say all of those things with 2 quick clicks of your mouse, and they players actually heard it loud and clear and read it on screen, whereas now in 2011 you have to write it down mid-action The fact that you see no problem with the game devolving like that is a legitimate reason for me to not think highly of your Battlefield opinions, do you not agree? I'm not insulting you, i'm trying to point this out to you. P.S. excuse my BC2 cursing, i can't discuss that game without cursing it.
    I've seen text in an Alpha file mentioning Conquest with objectives, possibly in addition to classic conquest. Also, as an aside, in that file is mention of Xbox360, mainly with the user interface; like saving and logging in things. There is also some text about browsing and buying content. I remember in BF:V, I was typing in chat enemy positions because there was no easy way to convey enemy positions to the team members. BF2 fixed that. But also BF2 allowed you to place a question mark which I think was nice because it was a way to say "I think I saw someone there, let's go check it". In BC2 there was no question mark, therefore there was a reduction in the way to convey enemy positions.

Neither of you are addressing Seppli's previous point that the BF2 ComRose allows for tons of spamming. For my part, I'd rather type a one-second unique chat message than put down an uninformative map marker in the middle of a bunch of identical uninformative map markers and pray someone notices and understands it. If you don't have time to write a message, you're either too busy to be fumbling with a ComRose regardless, or have too many things to say meaning you are a spammer. I would also rather receive a descriptive chat message saying "tanks push forward right" or "squad behind A" than hear a robot say "GO HERE EFFERS" and have a bedazzled unicorn appear on my map.

Also just googling the BF2 comroses... you guys are arguing for that? The vast majority of those things are already covered by the BC2 notification systems. The ones that aren't are either not part of the game mechanics, or otherwise worthless. You really want a menu to say "thanks"? And you have enough time to navigate these menus, but not to just type it out?

Btw, really digging the hate there Ahmed. Keep burning 'dem bridges, screw anyone who likes a game that isn't Battlefield. Cause we're all terrible people right?

If you think he's hating on you then you need some help. He's saying that some gamers prefer some games and other gamers prefers others and that DICE is trying a little too hard to be the FPS preference for everyone which in turn waters down the BF experience.

I personally don't think the commo rose offers a lot more than BF3's context sensitive single button approach does but I certainly understand where people think the lack of text notifications is a failure. There's also a lot to be said for quick notifications that don't need to be typed. However, after 'just googling' that you must be a real expert on BF2 superlative gameplay and how the commo rose works because as we know these days Google makes everyone an expert on everything.

I've not once experienced 'social button' abuse leading to voice message flooding in over 1000 hours of BF:BC 2 playtime. Whilst in BF2, Commo Rose spam was a given.

They'll likely put messures in place to prevent that; even so - there will be spam where there wouldn't have been otherwise. As I said, I can live with that, but there's no good reason why I would have to - at least from a gameplay perspective.

Hey - it's a bulletpoint on the back of the box for all the people who care about it. That's all it is. A selling point.
    Avatar image for deactivated-5a00c029ab7c1
    deactivated-5a00c029ab7c1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No matter how BF3 will turn out I can easily say it will own COD but that really doesn't take much people say BF will kill COD series it wouldn't COD will kill itself from the same shallow repetitive gameplay they have to offer every year.It will die just like the way the Tony Hawk series did the only difference is Tony Hawk was actually a good game at one point.

JerichoBlyth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121  Edited By JerichoBlyth

BFBC2 was amazing you cunt.

Funkydupe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122  Edited By Funkydupe

It certainly didn't hurt through metacritic = 87 (PC), 88 (PS3) and 88 (Xbox360). It wasn't as fun as Battlefield 2 was, but I played Bad Company 2 a lot and I enjoyed it for a period of time and thats what matters.

musclerider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#123  Edited By musclerider

BF3 complaint threads are the new ME2 complaint threads.

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#124  Edited By AhmadMetallic
    @musclerider said:

BF3 complaint threads are the new ME2 complaint threads.

I only see 4 in the last month, among 10+ positive ones.
    Pinworm45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125  Edited By Pinworm45
    @SeriouslyNow said:

@Pinworm45 said:

@SeriouslyNow said:

@Pinworm45 said:

@IIChristian89II said:

I hope that's not your career because you're dead wrong. I don't give a fuck about the complaints about BF3, I'm going to get it and enjoy it either way. But to assume someone doesn't have much hope for a future game based on provably broken features of the prior one is entirely a result of being bad at the previous game in the series and thus now thinks they're all bad is fucking retarded. You're trying too hard.

In other words you suck at BF:BC2 and you're projecting your limitations on a game. You can't possibly be that angry all the time.

I'm excellent at BFBC2, I'm not angry, I'm excited for BF3, that's still ridiculous. 

I guess if I disagree with something a politician does, it's because I'm bitter I wasn't able to become a politician? 

if I think a sports player did something shitty, I'm mad because I wasn't able to become a pro sports player? 

If I don't like the design of a new car, it's me projecting my unfulfilled lifelong dream to be a car designer? 

Nope, still stupid.
    AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#126  Edited By AhmadMetallic
    @Pinworm45 said:
    @SeriouslyNow said:

@Pinworm45 said:

@SeriouslyNow said:

@Pinworm45 said:

@IIChristian89II said:

I'm excellent at BFBC2, I'm not angry, I'm excited for BF3, that's still ridiculous.  I guess if I disagree with something a politician does, it's because I'm bitter I wasn't able to become a politician?  if I think a sports player did something shitty, I'm mad because I wasn't able to become a pro sports player?  If I don't like the design of a new car, it's me projecting my unfulfilled lifelong dream to be a car designer?  Nope, still stupid.
    Gotta say that i respect how neutral, mature and motherflipping logical you are.  It's all about logic for you, it's really commendable.

+1
    Agent47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127  Edited By Agent47
    @Beaudacious: Guys I think he actually meant to say this   

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.