Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Battlefield 3

Game » consists of 15 releases. Released Oct 25, 2011

Battlefield 3 is DICE's third numerical installment in the Battlefield franchise. It features a single player and co-operative campaign, as well as an extensive multiplayer component.

Multiplayer uses Online Pass

• 58 results
    Shakezula84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

#51  Edited By Shakezula84
    @awe_stuck

@Shakezula84 said:

@awe_stuck just the one map back. I doubt they would only release one map pack. This is EA's "Call of Duty killer". EA will have DICE make plenty of DOC. And sorry to everyone about the two posts. My bad.

The map pack has 4 maps. But yes, thanks for the CoD killer post. BF3 is way better then the MW3 expansion pack.

I post from my phone and that should have been "one map pack" not "one map back". The point is if I buy the game in January, ill have to pay for the map pack instead of getting it for free.
    Franstone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#52  Edited By Franstone

Um yea...

EA

(Besides, screw buying used games to save $5-$10 and letting gamestop sell people the same exact item 5x's, give money to the developers and dreaded publishers.)

Pinworm45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#53  Edited By Pinworm45
    @scarace360 said:

Better not fucking use that on pc.

Yeah, they better not impede on the used game market on pc.
    WiqidBritt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#54  Edited By WiqidBritt

this... doesn't shock anyone does it?

benpicko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By benpicko

I don't have a problem with games that do this for multiplayer, but the Batman thing was really annoying.

BawlZINmotion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#56  Edited By BawlZINmotion

@Redbullet685 said:

This is an EA game. Didn't they make the whole "online pass" thing?

Also, I hope it is the same as BF:BC2 where it would give free maps.

I'd hardly call that free anything. Every single one of those updates simply reconfigured certain maps to work with certain modes. Most people expect these kind of options to be present from the start in 99% of the games they play. I see what you're suggesting, I just don't think it's something you or anyone else should "hope" for. If you know what I mean.

Anyway, I think the "Back to Karkand" pack is worthwhile getting the game new. And for those who want their games as cheap as possible, EA drops prices to $20 on pretty much all their games 4-6 months after release. And then those games are generally subjected to sales which trim that price down even further.

TiE23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#57  Edited By TiE23

But... but... people... human people, make these games. They make these games to get paid. They get paid because the games make money.

So, yeah, online passes suck. We just need to wait until console games all come with single use serial numbers or we all go into digital sales only. Then we don't need to worry about Gamestop.

When you buy a PC game on Steam, no one is really complaining that they can't sell it... or buy it used. You're buying a license, and that's sort of accepted. But with console games, you're just buying a disc... for now.

Basically, don't fall for project $10. Don't buy used.

indieslaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By indieslaw

As someone who has rented this game assuming there would be the typical free trial pass (7 days or whatever), I feel pretty burned by this. I might have bought this game, I'm kind of wary of MW3. But I'm not ready to take the gamble without trying it.

Ah well. Guess I'm locked in to MW

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.