No Battlefield 3 for Bobby Kotick!

#1 Posted by FreakAche (2955 posts) -
#2 Posted by natetodamax (19220 posts) -

If that's true, it's pretty hilarious!

#3 Posted by noby_guy (96 posts) -

Kinda childish on EA's part. I mean I don't like Kotick but, don't deny the man his videogames. Not cool! =|

#4 Posted by Brendan (8174 posts) -

It really doesn't matter. If he really wanted some "inside access" he could just send someone in for him that wouldn't be conspicuous.

#5 Posted by Grilledcheez (3960 posts) -

Awesome

#6 Posted by SadPatrol (502 posts) -

thats insane.

#7 Posted by FrankCanada97 (4039 posts) -

Apparently not very good at the whole corporate espionage thing.

#8 Posted by Yanngc33 (4461 posts) -

Nice

#9 Posted by sopranosfan (1935 posts) -

You can't blame Kotick for wanting to play it but he will just have to preorder and stand in line like the rest of us.  

#10 Posted by CL60 (16906 posts) -
@noby_guy said:
Kinda childish on EA's part. I mean I don't like Kotick but, don't deny the man his videogames. Not cool! =|
Kotick doesn't like video games. He likes money. 
#11 Posted by big_jon (5789 posts) -

Ha! What a douche.

#12 Posted by Slaker117 (4843 posts) -
@FrankCanada97 said:
Apparently not very good at the whole corporate espionage thing.
Maybe it was a ruse! Create a moment of panic among the EA reps running the show that allows an unassuming and unknown Activision employee to slip in and steal a demo build!

You clever devil, Bobby.
#13 Posted by Subjugation (4744 posts) -

Touche

#14 Posted by RadixNegative2 (526 posts) -

I would LOVE to have been there when that went down lol

#15 Posted by ChickenPants (934 posts) -

Pretty petty from EA as far as I'm concerned.

#16 Posted by ALMIGHTYCHEEKS (71 posts) -

i wouldnt want a prick douchebag getting access to my games either

#17 Posted by Gizmo (5389 posts) -

A few years back, my dad had a friend who was basically a spy for hire. I remember he told me once of how a company had hired him to spy on Sony. This is a dude who had multiple I.D's and had to destroy all his shit when he left a country. I'm sure these huge game publishers are constantly verging on illegal territory and keeping an eye on their rivals.

#18 Posted by sopranosfan (1935 posts) -

For everybody complaining about EA not letting him in.  Activision is currently suing EA.  I have a feeling that if I sue you that you want let me come in and play your games either.

#19 Posted by Tim_the_Corsair (3065 posts) -

Bobby Kotick becomes more and more of a Vince McMahon-like caricature every day.

He really needs to walk around with 'No Chance' playing on a boombox carried by his PA

#20 Edited by Slaker117 (4843 posts) -
@ChickenPants: It seems like he wanted to jump in line for scheduled close demos. It's possible that they just didn't have any free slots, and accommodating him would mess with things. Frankly, it would be kind of dickish of Kotick to assume that they would make special time for him.
#21 Edited by Nomin (983 posts) -

I'm sure all these publisher security personnel have a Kotick-Meter that can sense him lumbering toward their way 20 miles away. 

Or put a hardcore PC gamer nearby and if he gets an allergic reaction when someone is nearby, it is a good chance that that someone is a Kotick.

#22 Posted by jozzy (2035 posts) -

It's funny, but indeed a little childish of EA. It's good PR to let the world see you are confident enough to show your goods to your competitor. Make a picture of him playing and accidently leak it to the internet. Would've been great advertising.

#23 Posted by Wuddel (2100 posts) -

That's rather petty on EAs behalf. Face the competition like a man!

#24 Posted by benjaebe (2784 posts) -

This just in - Kotick's personal aide denied entry for Kotick after skipping to the front of a line full of waiting people and asking for special permission to enter an invite-only gameplay session.

Activision is also adamantly denying it, so there's that too.

#25 Edited by JP_Russell (1174 posts) -

Hmm.   On the one hand, this makes me happy because get away from my Battlefield, Kotick, get away, shoo!   But on the other hand, imagining Bobby Kotick sitting down and playing a FPS – on a PC, no less – is fuckin’ weird, and all I can think about is the missed opportunity to get that on film.

#26 Posted by Alexander (1724 posts) -
@jozzy said:

It's funny, but indeed a little childish of EA. It's good PR to let the world see you are confident enough to show your goods to your competitor. Make a picture of him playing and accidently leak it to the internet. Would've been great advertising.

Would love to see that photo, agree with what you're saying.
#27 Posted by Keenblaze (466 posts) -

It's not THAT petty... it was a closed, invite-only demo. Kotick is an idiot if he thought he could just walk anywhere he wanted to, especially the closed booth of a rival company that he's suing.

#28 Posted by kishinfoulux (2533 posts) -
@noby_guy said:
If ANYONE deserves that it's Kotick.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.