Ok guies, what if.....

#1 Posted by Jace (1093 posts) -

BF3 announced as an MMO...... think about it.... 

- They have the tech to pull of gfx better than bf2 on a much larger scale. if mag can do it on the ps3... 
- Micro-transactions are becoming the thing to do. TF2. 
- Dice experimented with bf heroes. 

How likely?

#2 Posted by The_Laughing_Man (13629 posts) -

Mag had shitty graphics to be honest.  

Micro Transactions are a no that is a shit idea for that kind of game/. 

#3 Posted by ToxicFruit (1718 posts) -

That would piss of a lot of the core battlefield fan base and i don't think Dice would risk it.

#4 Posted by canucks23 (1087 posts) -

well it's also coming out on 360, so... 0% chance.

#5 Posted by fwylo (3556 posts) -

Battlefield 3 

and Battlefield 3: Origins the MMo

#6 Posted by Binman88 (3689 posts) -

Very unlikely. 

#7 Posted by KaosAngel (13765 posts) -
@canucks23 said:
" well it's also coming out on 360, so... 0% chance. "
What are you trying to imply?  The Xbox 360 has the best online out of all consoles and system with the best community out of all of them.
#8 Posted by Jack268 (3387 posts) -

That would be the worst bullshit ever tbh. They need to make a sequel to the core games, 1942, 2 and 2142. If they are going to make an MMO, it's gonna be a side franchise like Bad Company and Heroes.

#9 Posted by Jace (1093 posts) -
@KaosAngel said:
" @canucks23 said:
" well it's also coming out on 360, so... 0% chance. "
What are you trying to imply?  The Xbox 360 has the best online out of all consoles and system with the best community out of all of them. "
Yeah, if the ps3's psn can do dc universe and mag, you bet your sweet ass that live can handle a bf3 mmo.  
#10 Posted by Jace (1093 posts) -

I'm not saying I want it to happen. As you can see from my other posts on this board, I've made it explicitly clear what I want to see. But I'm just saying.......it's possible. Things kind of lean that way. Think about it, if it was just another shooter, why would it have taken them this long to make it? They've probably had a dev team on bf3 since, idk, 2007 at the latest.

#11 Posted by The_Laughing_Man (13629 posts) -
@Jace said:
" I'm not saying I want it to happen. As you can see from my other posts on this board, I've made it explicitly clear what I want to see. But I'm just saying.......it's possible. Things kind of lean that way. Think about it, if it was just another shooter, why would it have taken them this long to make it? They've probably had a dev team on bf3 since, idk, 2007 at the latest. "
Cause they are busy with other stuff maybe? 
#12 Edited by Mikemcn (7012 posts) -

Whatever it is. BF3 is not going to live up to it's hype. Everytime I see what someone wants for the next Battlefield game, it sounds like a 4 year old's xmas list: I want a pony and the moon and all the stars and I want the stars to be blue, not yellow and I want my imaginary friend to be real. 

It just isn't going to happen. It would be great if it did, but DICE can only do so much.  And it is readily apparent that what EA and DICE want is not exactly what the long time battlefield player wants. 

#13 Posted by KaosAngel (13765 posts) -
@Mikemcn said:
" Whatever it is. BF3 is not going to live up to it's hype. Everytime I see what someone wants for the next Battlefield game, it sounds like a 4 year old's xmas list: I want a pony and the moon and all the stars and I want the stars to be blue, not yellow and I want my imaginary friend to be real.  It just isn't going to happen. It would be great if it did, but DICE can only do so much.  "
Non-Sarcastic Post: 

DICE has been saying that BF3 is a real push towards PC gamers, we'll find out at GDC soon....but BF2 reinvented the online FPS back last generation, and DICE is really pushing for the same thing with BF3 on PC.
#14 Posted by AhmadMetallic (18954 posts) -

im sorry. i love you, but 

get the fuck outta here

#15 Posted by Spoonman671 (4752 posts) -

They are already making Battlefield Play4Free.  That's a separate project from Battlefield 3.

#16 Posted by Jace (1093 posts) -
@Mikemcn said:
" Whatever it is. BF3 is not going to live up to it's hype. Everytime I see what someone wants for the next Battlefield game, it sounds like a 4 year old's xmas list: I want a pony and the moon and all the stars and I want the stars to be blue, not yellow and I want my imaginary friend to be real.  It just isn't going to happen. It would be great if it did, but DICE can only do so much.  And it is readily apparent that what EA and DICE want is not exactly what the long time battlefield player wants.  "
My thoughts exactly.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.