Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Battlefield 3

Game » consists of 15 releases. Released Oct 25, 2011

Battlefield 3 is DICE's third numerical installment in the Battlefield franchise. It features a single player and co-operative campaign, as well as an extensive multiplayer component.

Onslaught/ Horde mode.

MrCandleguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By MrCandleguy

Does anyone else think or know if they will have a horde mode in BF3? The game itself will force you to move from building to building as you/teammates/enemies will be blowing the shit outta walls and such. I get this game is all about the multiplayer vs, but have more modes couldn't hurt.

iDarktread

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By iDarktread

Well, I'm going to be playing competitive multiplayer exclusively, so it wouldn't really matter to me if a horde-type mode was included or not. 

It may be neat, but there are other games with it, namely Gears of War.

MrCandleguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By MrCandleguy

@iDarktread: Kinda my point, there are other games with it. Having a horde type mode in your game seems the be the norm of the shooter market, be it first or third. BF not having it, just seems a bit dissappointing, i will still play it. I think it will be amazing, but more bells and whistles couldn't hurt.

The new MW will have a horde mode in it, and if BF wants to crush it, shouldn't it offer at least some of the same stuff done better?

iDarktread

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By iDarktread
    @AmonHouston: I understand. 

However, I'm convinced that Battlefield 3 will be a solid game with or without a good single player campaign, or a horde mode.
    Avatar image for mordeaniischaos
    MordeaniisChaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By MordeaniisChaos

@iDarktread said:

Well, I'm going to be playing competitive multiplayer exclusively, so it wouldn't really matter to me if a horde-type mode was included or not. It may be neat, but there are other games with it, namely Gears of War.

Because those two games have totally comparable mechanics o.o

Avatar image for deactivated-5b43dadb9061b
    deactivated-5b43dadb9061b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why does everyone call it 'horde-mode' now. It's either survival or something with the word waves in it.

mastrbiggy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#7  Edited By mastrbiggy

There is a co-op mode. At least there was a greyed out option for it in the Alpha trial.

ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#8  Edited By ajamafalous

@EveretteScott said:

Why does everyone call it 'horde-mode' now. It's either survival or something with the word waves in it.

I always thought that was weird too, especially considering Gears 2 is so recent. Strange that Horde Mode somehow supplanted the terms we had for years.

Yanngc33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 5

#9  Edited By Yanngc33

I hope not. Gears 3 has it, MW 3 has it, BF 3 should do its own thing

Funkydupe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Funkydupe

Battlefield should continue doing and improving the Conquest mode. I don't care for the Rush mode. I don't care about the single player campaign. I don't want a Horde mode in Battlefield. Doing something really well, instead of spreading out too thin is something I hope they're mindful of.

scarace360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By scarace360
    @Funkydupe said:
    Battlefield should continue doing and improving the Conquest mode. I don't care for the Rush mode. I don't care about the single player campaign. I don't want a Horde mode in Battlefield. Doing something really well, instead of spreading out too thin is something I hope they're mindful of.
    what if they had 30 conquest maps.
    vitor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By vitor

@ajamafalous said:

@EveretteScott said:

I always thought that was weird too, especially considering Gears 2 is so recent. Strange that Horde Mode somehow supplanted the terms we had for years.

Gears 2 essentially popularised it. Say what you will about that franchise, but Gears 2 did for coop survival modes what Gears 1 did to cover mechanics.

SammydesinasNL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By SammydesinasNL

I wish the game had multiplayer with a large selection of maps, a campaign of at least 10 hours and a large co-op mode which also contains wave survival modes which can be played seperatly (with high scores). 

But it won't.

Funkydupe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Funkydupe
    @scarace360: I expect there to be a good number of maps. The main focus shouldn't be about the quantity of maps though. I'd rather they spent their time improving everything about their main mode, the way weapons feel, what vehicles can do, the process of attacking/defending, indoor close combat mixed with outdoor warfare, improving the sense of macro versus the micro aka. you being part of a larger picture. Looking at increased possibilities for our soldiers to interact with the environment, vehicles and each other, and really provide teams, squads and friends the user-friendly UI and multi-tools we need ingame to really amp up the factors of team-play and squad dynamics. Instead of trying to make the game everything for everyone, they should focus about their Battlefield roots and really refine that type of gameplay. Like other people have said already, there are plenty of games doing these alternate modes and I really don't think that Battlefield needs those to stay fresh and new.
    scarace360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By scarace360
    @Funkydupe said:
    @scarace360: I expect there to be a good number of maps. The main focus shouldn't be about the quantity of maps though. I'd rather they spent their time improving everything about their main mode, the way weapons feel, what vehicles can do, the process of attacking/defending, indoor close combat mixed with outdoor warfare, improving the sense of macro versus the micro aka. you being part of a larger picture. Looking at increased possibilities for our soldiers to interact with the environment, vehicles and each other, and really provide teams, squads and friends the user-friendly UI and multi-tools we need ingame to really amp up the factors of team-play and squad dynamics. Instead of trying to make the game everything for everyone, they should focus about their Battlefield roots and really refine that type of gameplay. Like other people have said already, there are plenty of games doing these alternate modes and I really don't think that Battlefield needs those to stay fresh and new.
    Totally agree.
    mfpantst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#16  Edited By mfpantst

FYI- you put it in the title so I'll say it.  A UT2004 style onslaught mode would be awesome- like conquest and gold rushed mixed (both teams on offense and defense and structured progression from node to node).  I'd be down with that.

Twisted_Scot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#17  Edited By Twisted_Scot

I think there should be, it would be interesting if you had a 4+ player survival mode that made you rely heavily on team mechanics (ie, You can only reload ammo from support players etc). I think it would be a nice spin on the mode. As for calling it Horde its pretty much just because (like other mentioned) Gears made it popular by bringing it to a mainstream / modern game and advertising it as a separate game type (not directly link to MP play lists).

HODGEY3000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By HODGEY3000

it will probably be DLC

Arker101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Arker101

We had one mode in BFBC2 where you had to fight bots and capture three points, but it wasn't really horde mode.

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#20  Edited By Seppli
    @AmonHouston said:

Does anyone else think or know if they will have a horde mode in BF3? The game itself will force you to move from building to building as you/teammates/enemies will be blowing the shit outta walls and such. I get this game is all about the multiplayer vs, but have more modes couldn't hurt.

A 10 mission co-op campaign has been announced. Likely they'll have several co-op modes for those missions. Wait 'n see. Won't be long 'til we get a co-op centric blog post - I'm sure.
    Ping5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

#21  Edited By Ping5000
    @Funkydupe said:
    What about 30 AWESOME CQ maps!?
    AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#22  Edited By AhmadMetallic

Senior multiplayer designer keeps tweeting about zombies, go figure 

pweidman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#23  Edited By pweidman

Dinos I'm tellin' ya. Someone even bothered to make some fake cover art. Dinos + Frostbite 2.0. :o

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.