Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Battlefield 3

Game » consists of 15 releases. Released Oct 25, 2011

Battlefield 3 is DICE's third numerical installment in the Battlefield franchise. It features a single player and co-operative campaign, as well as an extensive multiplayer component.

PC Gamers - What Do You Want To See In Battlefield 3?

• 100 results
    Jimbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#51  Edited By Jimbo
    @KaosAngel said:
    " @Ahmad_Metallic said:
    " i dont understand ?  "
    TF2 style, when you can't just capture any point.  You need to capture one that you can connect to.   "
    Right.  In vanilla BF2 you could just hop in a jeep or whatever, completely avoid the battle and go capture some random undefended flag miles from the action (because really, who wants to sit at the back and defend bases just in case somebody does that?), then somebody from the other team would have to go all the way over there and recapture it, usually without a shot being fired (which felt like playing whack-a-mole on the map).  If they make it so you can only capture flags next to flags you already hold, then you'd end up with a proper frontline being fought over.
    AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#52  Edited By AhmadMetallic
    @Jimbo said:

" @KaosAngel said:

" @Ahmad_Metallic said:
    " i dont understand ?  "
    TF2 style, when you can't just capture any point.  You need to capture one that you can connect to.   "
    Right.  In vanilla BF2 you could just hop in a jeep or whatever, completely avoid the battle and go capture some random undefended flag miles from the action (because really, who wants to sit at the back and defend bases just in case somebody does that?), then somebody from the other team would have to go all the way over there and recapture it, usually without a shot being fired (which felt like playing whack-a-mole on the map).  If they make it so you can only capture flags next to flags you already hold, then you'd end up with a proper frontline being fought over. "
    are you kidding me? 
    what felt better than you being able to flee the baseraping without getting killed, make your way to a flag and then 2 people spawn on you and hop into another car and drive to another flag, and bam 2-3 out of the 6 enemy flags just became yours ? that totally revives the balance of power/advantage and brings helps the battle get back up on it's feet again.. being restricted to only a couple of flags which are closest to you (or whatever) sounds like it could totally destroy a losing team's chances of another rise 

OR, what felt better than you baseraping the other team, dying, noticing a flag going neutral during your respawn time, spawn really close to it and find the fucking weasel who captured it and end his life, bringing harmony to the galaxy again ? 

come on, man. you're killing Battlefield by changing radical and essential characteristics of it. let TF2's laws apply to TF2.
    fwylo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#53  Edited By fwylo

Battlefield? 

Is that like Call of Duty?

B0nd07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#54  Edited By B0nd07
    @Ahmad_Metallic said:

" @Jimbo said:

" @KaosAngel said:
    " @Ahmad_Metallic said:
    " i dont understand ?  "
    Right.  In vanilla BF2 you could just hop in a jeep or whatever, completely avoid the battle and go capture some random undefended flag miles from the action (because really, who wants to sit at the back and defend bases just in case somebody does that?), then somebody from the other team would have to go all the way over there and recapture it, usually without a shot being fired (which felt like playing whack-a-mole on the map).  If they make it so you can only capture flags next to flags you already hold, then you'd end up with a proper frontline being fought over. "
    are you kidding me? what felt better than you being able to flee the baseraping without getting killed, make your way to a flag and then 2 people spawn on you and hop into another car and drive to another flag, and bam 2-3 out of the 6 enemy flags just became yours ? that totally revives the balance of power/advantage and brings the battle to its knees again.. being restricted to only a couple of flags which are closest to you (or whatever) sounds like it could totally destroy a losing team's chances of another rise  OR, what felt better than you baseraping the other team, dying, noticing a flag going neutral during your respawn time, spawn really close to it and find the fucking weasel who captured it and end his life, bringing harmony to the galaxy again ?   come on, man. you're killing Battlefield by changing radical and essential characteristics of it. let TF2's laws apply to TF2. "
    Exactly.  The way TF2 does it only works because of how linear the maps are.  And linear maps are something people generally want to stay away from in the core Battlefield franchise.

Plus there's some strategy to it.  Let's say your squad captured a point behind the front line, deep in enemy territory.  Now your whole team can spawn there and force the other team to fight on two fronts.  It's not just "hurp, durp, I don't want to fight so I'm going to take random flags."
    No0b0rAmA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#55  Edited By No0b0rAmA
    -Don't fucking make people playing medic unlock the medkit or defib, or a person playing a engineer have to unlock his repair tool.
    -Unlocks should be only a fraction better then the original starting guns. 
    -64vs64+ players.
    -Jets are a must, as well as more vehicles spawns per map. Oh, and huge maps would be great!
    -Commander and squad leaders were a great feature in the original BF2.
    -Different factions with different default weapons. What would be awesome is if they had balanced but unique unlocks per faction.
    -Mod Support. I still play Project Reality and AIX2 at least once a month. 
    -IN THE NAME OF GOD, PLEASE MORE CLASSES. MEDICS SHOULDN'T BE PLAYING SUPPORT.
    -No campaign. The bot skirmish was more than enough, focus on is time better spent.
    -Better built in voice chat. Voice in BF2 was really underused.
    -Don't make people unlock camouflage for their guns.

tl;dr: Make a sequel to Battlefield 2, not Bad Company 2.
    time allen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By time allen

i want it to not suck haha am i right

korwin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#57  Edited By korwin
    @B0nd07 said:
    " @Jimbo said:
    " @Raymayne said:
    " I think Battlefield belongs on consoles personally, you just don't get the same amount of community fun and brilliant online integration with a PC as you do on an Xbox. So personally I want to see the game be announced as a console exclusive, it's time to bring the series home where it belongs. "
    lol. "
    I lol'd too. "
    Ha amusing, tell another one.
    AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By AhmadMetallic
    @B0nd07 said:
    " Plus there's some strategy to it.  Let's say your squad captured a point behind the front line deep in enemy territory.  Now your whole team can spawn there and force the other team to fight on two fronts.  It's not just "hurp, durp, I don't want to fight so I'm going to take random flags." "
    exactly ! 

@Toms115 said:
    " i want it to not suck haha am i right "
    haha u iz rite (:
    Bollard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

#59  Edited By Bollard

Seeing as this is coming out on consoles I think we'll be lucky to see even 32v32... :( But I agree with everything else the OP said should be there!

Jimbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By Jimbo
    @B0nd07 said:
    " @Ahmad_Metallic said:
    " @Jimbo said:
    " @KaosAngel said:
    " @Ahmad_Metallic said:
    " i dont understand ?  "
    are you kidding me? what felt better than you being able to flee the baseraping without getting killed, make your way to a flag and then 2 people spawn on you and hop into another car and drive to another flag, and bam 2-3 out of the 6 enemy flags just became yours ? that totally revives the balance of power/advantage and brings the battle to its knees again.. being restricted to only a couple of flags which are closest to you (or whatever) sounds like it could totally destroy a losing team's chances of another rise  OR, what felt better than you baseraping the other team, dying, noticing a flag going neutral during your respawn time, spawn really close to it and find the fucking weasel who captured it and end his life, bringing harmony to the galaxy again ?   come on, man. you're killing Battlefield by changing radical and essential characteristics of it. let TF2's laws apply to TF2. "
    Exactly.  The way TF2 does it only works because of how linear the maps are.  And linear maps are something people generally want to stay away from in the core Battlefield franchise.  Plus there's some strategy to it.  Let's say your squad captured a point behind the front line deep in enemy territory.  Now your whole team can spawn there and force the other team to fight on two fronts.  It's not just "hurp, durp, I don't want to fight so I'm going to take random flags." "
    No it's "hurp durp I'm going to drive across the map alone and cheaply take the undefended flag, which is only undefended in the first place because defending flags miles away from the fight is fucking boring and nobody wants to do it".  Nothing about doing that took any skill or guile at all, it's just that defending against it was too mindnumbing for anybody to bother with.  It wouldn't be so bad if it actually required a whole squad to do it, because at least that would be a meaningful sacrifice from the actual battle.
    AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By AhmadMetallic
    @Jimbo:  i can see now that we're totally different Battlefield fans.  
    sounds to me like you punched the monitor (or even ragequit) everytime someone made their way to a flag and interrupted your pleasant baseraping..
    jtman54179

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By jtman54179
     @Jimbo said:
    " @B0nd07 said:
    " @Ahmad_Metallic said:
    " @Jimbo said:
    " @KaosAngel said:
    " @Ahmad_Metallic said:
    /Snip
    No it's "hurp durp I'm going to drive across the map alone and cheaply take the undefended flag, which is only undefended in the first place because defending flags miles away from the fight is fucking boring and nobody wants to do it".  Nothing about doing that took any skill or guile at all, it's just that defending against it was too mindnumbing for anybody to bother with.  It wouldn't be so bad if it actually required a whole squad to do it, because at least that would be a meaningful sacrifice from the actual battle. "
    I understand what you're saying... some of the best times I had in  BF2142 and BF2 was lone wolfing recon style it to an undefended enemy flagpoint and capping it for my team 
    Yeah it sucks to constantly be on the lookout, but at the same time that's battlefield. One way they could fix that is tailoring map sizes to the number of players  

OR 

Bringing back commanders and squad hierarchy :) 

It's much easier to have a commander assign one squad to keep a location guarded, and position a main force to stay on the offensive. That way when the enemy does invade bases in the rear (which they will), the point can be held until he can send in reinforcements 
    It goes without saying that in bringing back the commander system the assist system should be brought back as well (e.x. UAV, Airdrop, Mortar Strikes, Satellite Scans) That would really bring back the feeling of the old Battlefield games
    1nfinitum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By 1nfinitum

I would like to be able to use a Mouse and Keyboard.

Avatar image for kaosangel-DELETED
    KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#64  Edited By KaosAngel
    @1nfinitum said:
    " I would like to be able to use a Mouse and Keyboard. "
    That's a good point.  I'll make a poll about this tomorrow.
    Jimbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By Jimbo
    @Ahmad_Metallic said:
    " @Jimbo:  i can see now that we're totally different Battlefield fans.  sounds to me like you punched the monitor (or even ragequit) everytime someone made their way to a flag and interrupted your pleasant baseraping.. "
    Nah, I usually just took five minutes out of the fun part of the game to drive around playing whack-a-mole with the flags and think about how much better the game would be if they designed this scenario out of it.  Then I ragequit.
    Dany

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#66  Edited By Dany
    @KaosAngel: ...your avatar was Master Chief and you were 'green' yesterday....
    AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By AhmadMetallic
    @jtman54179 said:

"   Yeah it sucks to constantly be on the lookout, but at the same time that's battlefield.  "

yes... thats what battlefield is... whats wrong with you two ? 

@Jimbo said: 

" I usually just took five minutes out of the fun part of the game to drive around playing whack-a-mole with the flags and think about how much better the game would be if they designed this scenario out of it.  Then I ragequit. "

that underlined bit is the fun part.. *shakes head* 
    with all the friendliness in the world, i'd like you to know that baserapists like yourself were the worst part of my Battlefield experience     
    B0nd07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By B0nd07
    @Ahmad_Metallic said:

"with all the friendliness in the world, i'd like you to know that baserapists like yourself were the worst part of my Battlefield experience      "

This.  Still are even in BC2, which is why big open maps that allow you to capture any point is a must.

Also:

@jtman54179 said:

"One way they could fix that is tailoring map sizes to the number of players"

That's actually something they did in BF2 and would be great if they brought it back.  Basically, there were three versions of each map; one designed for up to 16 players, one for 32 players, and one for up to 64 players.
    Azteck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By Azteck

Why are you using the same avatar as that astroforce person. It's really confusing.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

#70  Edited By Hailinel
    @Azteck said:
    " Why are you using the same avatar as that astroforce person. It's really confusing. "
    I think he's trolling.  First he was being an obnoxious Halo fanboy, now he's trying to make fun of astroforce.
    AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By AhmadMetallic
    @B0nd07 said: 

@jtman54179

said: 

"One way they could fix that is tailoring map sizes to the number of players"

That's actually something they did in BF2 and would be great if they brought it back.  Basically, there were three versions of each map; one designed for up to 16 players, one for 32 players, and one for up to 64 players. "
    yup it allowed city map maniacs to have their own 32-player-map servers and it worked out well 

God, i love battlefield.  

@Hailinel said:
    " @Azteck said:
    " Why are you using the same avatar as that astroforce person. It's really confusing. "
    I think he's trolling.  First he was being an obnoxious Halo fanboy, now he's trying to make fun of astroforce. "

hmm thanks for the heads-up 
    Azteck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By Azteck
    @Hailinel said:
    " @Azteck said:
    I think he's trolling.  First he was being an obnoxious Halo fanboy, now he's trying to make fun of astroforce. "
    That's pretty damn pathetic of him.
    Jimbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By Jimbo
    @Ahmad_Metallic:@B0nd07: I don't understand what you mean by 'baserapists'.  Do you mean the bulk of the two teams who are fighting each other for control of the flags?  That was the worst part of the game for you and driving around capturing undefended flags was the best?  What?

"One way they could fix that is tailoring map sizes to the number of players."

Yeah that was already how it worked and it didn't prevent the whack-a-mole problem.
    KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By KaosAngel
    @Azteck said:
    " @Hailinel said:
    " @Azteck said:
    That's pretty damn pathetic of him. "
    Don't talk about things you don't know, also stay on topic.
    SeriouslyNow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By SeriouslyNow
    @Hailinel said:
    " @Azteck said:
    Her name is Astro triforce.
    Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

#76  Edited By Hailinel
    @KaosAngel said:
    " @Azteck said:
    " @Hailinel said:
    " @Azteck said:
    Don't talk about things you don't know, also stay on topic. "
    Says the hyperactive, hype-driven maniac determined to show everyone that he's not a Nomura fanboy.
    B0nd07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By B0nd07
    @Jimbo: Teams that made a solid front line right outside the other team's base (or often in the other base), making it nearly impossible to make a break for any point.  And what you want to do with the TF2 style of locking the points would make sure it was impossible for the underpowered team to make a break.  That would ruin the experience for the majority of players.  The "wack-a-mole problem" is not a problem at all.
    SeriouslyNow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By SeriouslyNow
    @Hailinel said:

" @KaosAngel said:

" @Azteck said:
    " @Hailinel said:
    " @Azteck said:
    Says the hyperactive, hype-driven maniac determined to show everyone that he's not a Nomura fanboy. "
    Sorry, what are you doing here exactly?  I don't think you even play Battlefield games do you?  Are you only here to insult people and derail the thread?
    B0nd07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By B0nd07
    @SeriouslyNow said:
    " @Hailinel said:

" @KaosAngel said:

" @Azteck said:
    " @Hailinel said:
    " @Azteck said:
    Says the hyperactive, hype-driven maniac determined to show everyone that he's not a Nomura fanboy. "
    Sorry, what are you doing here exactly?  I don't think you even play Battlefield games do you?  Are you only here to insult people and derail the thread? "
    You are also derailing the thread by continuing to bring it up.  Take it elsewhere.
    AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By AhmadMetallic
    @Jimbo said:
    " @Ahmad_Metallic:@B0nd07: I don't understand what you mean by 'baserapists'.  Do you mean the bulk of the two teams who are fighting each other for control of the flags?  That was the worst part of the game for you and driving around capturing undefended flags was the best?  What?  "
    the baserapists are the people who raced to capture the flags so they could have them all, drive in packs to the enemy's base and camp there, spawn-killing and base-raping them til the game was over 

Battlefield is about you capturing my flag and me getting it back. its about the fight trying to capture all the flags and the joy of getting flags back. its about the joy of turning your flag count from 0/6 to 6/6 by fighting back and succeeding at NOT being whacked like a mole as you take back some of those flags... that competition is what fueled the game. thats what made it fucking amazing 
    the ones who 'stir up shit' by going behind enemy lines and desperately trying to capture a flag or two ARE the ones who made you drive back there, made your teammates start their jets and helicopters trying to stop them before the flag turned from neutral to chinese (if you were american, for example) 

you wanting to have all the flags in your pocket and wasting the round camping on a hill in an APC killing the enemy as they spawn, and ragequitting when they fought back and reached your flags without you noticing them sneaking around, is whats gonna turn Battlefield into a shitty shooter made for power-hungry kill-harvesters  

i feel ive put a tad more emotion into this explanation than i should have, but fuck it, i enjoyed typing this. it reminded me of the rush i had playing Battlefield..
    rb_man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By rb_man

Steamworks because as I have found out by being in bombing runs is hard to find friends and severs.

KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By KaosAngel
    @rb_man said:
    " Steamworks because as I have found out by being in bombing runs is hard to find friends and severs. "
    This would be amazing, but...let's be honest here...its' not gonna happen.  No matter how much DICE loves PC, this will never happen.
    MrKlorox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By MrKlorox

Battlefield is always funnest when maps are fresh and you don't know every nook and cranny like the back of your hand (unless of course you're a lazy sniper). I know it won't be in Battlefield until BF5 at the earliest, if ever at all, but I want proceduralized maps that have differences every time. Instead of crafting and iterating a few maps to perfection, put all that effort behind scripting different types of templates. 

Start with something small like the city map Oasis in CQ and have the server choose which walkways are walled off and doors/windows are bricked up. Then maybe a small community of roads and houses placed with certain requirements (such as upstairs window facing the center of the map, picket fences separating them and hugging the road, etc...). I want to see proceduralization work in a first person action game that isn't so free-focused like Minecraft.

I would also like to see the third faction put to use, if one exists this time. Vanilla BF2 had three factions, but only two could ever be fighting over territory at once. I want up to 1v1v1 in conquest mode. It would also be a way to raise player count without giving the commanders extra squads to support and direct.

rb_man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By rb_man
    @KaosAngel said:
    " @rb_man said:
    " Steamworks because as I have found out by being in bombing runs is hard to find friends and severs. "
    This would be amazing, but...let's be honest here...its' not gonna happen.  No matter how much DICE loves PC, this will never happen. "
    I can dream can't I 
    AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By AhmadMetallic
    @MrKlorox said:
    " Battlefield is always funnest when maps are fresh and you don't know every nook and cranny like the back of your hand (unless of course you're a lazy sniper). I know it won't be in Battlefield until BF5 at the earliest, if ever at all, but I want proceduralized maps that have differences every time. Instead of crafting and iterating a few maps to perfection, put all that effort behind scripting different types of templates.   Start with something small like the city map Oasis in CQ and have the server choose which walkways are walled off and doors/windows are bricked up. Then maybe a small community of roads and houses placed with certain requirements (such as upstairs window facing the center of the map, picket fences separating them and hugging the road, etc...).  "
    now why would u go n say sum'in stupid like dat boy ? 

just imagine playing the game and running into walls that werent there before, or chasing someone and going into a house (as a part of the chase) to knife a window and shoot them in the back, only to find its no longer a window 
    that'd make us trip balls go ape-shit and not play straight... bad idea IMO 

@MrKlorox said:
    "  I would also like to see the third faction put to use, if one exists this time. Vanilla BF2 had three factions, but only two could ever be fighting over territory at once. I want up to 1v1v1 in conquest mode. It would also be a way to raise player count without giving the commanders extra squads to support and direct. "
    now THAT, is an awesome idea. i thought about it earlier, but discarded it later because it sounded.. odd. still not sure about it working out, but it does sound amazing.. you'd have 3 big safe bases for 3 different factions, 64 players each, with maybe 10-20 flags to capture, on a wide ass map with all kinds of terrains.. 

that sounds so motherfucking grand i love it
    Jimbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By Jimbo
    @B0nd07
    @Jimbo: Teams that made a solid front line right outside the other team's base (or often in the other base), making it nearly impossible to make a break for any point.  And what you want to do with the TF2 style of locking the points would make sure it was impossible for the underpowered team to make a break.  That would ruin the experience for the majority of players.  The "wack-a-mole problem" is not a problem at all.
    If you've ended up in that bad a position then you deserve to lose the round. Though they could mitigate it easily enough with a respawn time handicap depending on how far away from your main base you're trying to respawn. Or just make the main base capturable once all other points are held.
    AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By AhmadMetallic
    @Jimbo said:
    " @B0nd07
    If you've ended up in that bad a position then you deserve to lose the round. "
    yeeeah i tried avoiding players with that mentality everytime i played Battlefield 2.. i remember joining one server, seeing the merciless base rapists harvest kills in the enemy's base (with all the flags under their control) and the tickets being 400 to 10, hopping out, hopping onto another server that encouraged competition, and spending hours fighting over flags until the rounds ended with 10 to 1 tickets or something similar.. 

im no worried about people like you, i have faith in DICE keeping the formula the way it is when it comes to flag capture.
    Jayross

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 6

#88  Edited By Jayross

It better be BF3 and not BC3, that's all I ask.

jtman54179

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By jtman54179
    @Ahmad_Metallic said:
     @MrKlorox said:
    "  I would also like to see the third faction put to use, if one exists this time. Vanilla BF2 had three factions, but only two could ever be fighting over territory at once. I want up to 1v1v1 in conquest mode. It would also be a way to raise player count without giving the commanders extra squads to support and direct. "
    now THAT, is an awesome idea. i thought about it earlier, but discarded it later because it sounded.. odd. still not sure about it working out, but it does sound amazing.. you'd have 3 big safe bases for 3 different factions, 64 players each, with maybe 10-20 flags to capture, on a wide ass map with all kinds of terrains..  that sounds so motherfucking grand i love it "
    MAG had a mode where it was three teams (32v32v32) on one map (Escalation)
    It'd be interesting to see that system  

Just Added on: It'd also be interesting to see a game mode where the objectives are random like i hear Tribes or Section 8 had.  
    (i.e. A Capture and Hold Match becomes an Escort Mission and then CTF match)
    That would reemphasize the teamwork aspect of Battlefield and hopefully, pull the attention away from KDRs..
    MrKlorox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By MrKlorox
    @Ahmad_Metallic said:

" @MrKlorox said:

" Battlefield is always funnest when maps are fresh and you don't know every nook and cranny like the back of your hand (unless of course you're a lazy sniper). I know it won't be in Battlefield until BF5 at the earliest, if ever at all, but I want proceduralized maps that have differences every time. Instead of crafting and iterating a few maps to perfection, put all that effort behind scripting different types of templates.   Start with something small like the city map Oasis in CQ and have the server choose which walkways are walled off and doors/windows are bricked up. Then maybe a small community of roads and houses placed with certain requirements (such as upstairs window facing the center of the map, picket fences separating them and hugging the road, etc...).  "
    now why would u go n say sum'in stupid like dat boy ? 

just imagine playing the game and running into walls that werent there before, or chasing someone and going into a house (as a part of the chase) to knife a window and shoot them in the back, only to find its no longer a window 
    that'd make us trip balls go ape-shit and not play straight... bad idea IMO  "
    Stupid how? Yeah it would force people to use their skills and senses instead of their memory. But you wouldn't even get a chance to build a memory to have blocked if it was on a map you had never played before, and that's the entire point. You would never expect a window to be there in the first place, unless you saw one there earlier in the match. And it would make sense to able to 'favorite' the seed to regenerate the same  identical map over and over again in case your clan buddies find one they love.

What makes Diablo 2 still replayable after sooo many years? The procedural level generation.

@jtman54179 said:
    " MAG had a mode where it was three teams (32v32v32) on one map (Escalation)It'd be interesting to see that system    "
    Oh cool. I should pick up MAG now that I have a PS3. Do you know how big is the PSN download is?
    AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By AhmadMetallic
    @MrKlorox:  you really think gamers are that skilled and quick that they'd adjust to new buildings and doors/windows/etc  round after round ? 

thats sounds confusing and exhausting, bro !
    MrKlorox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By MrKlorox
    @Ahmad_Metallic said:
    " @MrKlorox:  you really think gamers are that skilled and quick that they'd adjust to new buildings and doors/windows/etc  round after round ?  thats sounds confusing and exhausting, bro ! "
    Not round after round, just when the map changes. And yes I do. It's a new map for everybody and they're all equally unsuspecting.
    MrKlorox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93  Edited By MrKlorox

Let server operators choose between uncappable home bases (both roped off and in-bounds options), fully cappable home bases, and "double assault lines" rules (home base uncappable until the enemy holds all the standard capture points, then base can be captured which ends the rape). My favorite set is the double assault lines rule set I first played in Highway Tampa 2142.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a1a3d3c6820c
    deactivated-5a1a3d3c6820c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@MrKlorox said:
    " Let server operators choose between uncappable home bases (both roped off and in-bounds options), fully cappable home bases, and "double assault lines" rules (home base uncappable until the enemy holds all the standard capture points, then base can be captured which ends the rape). My favorite set is the double assault lines rule set I first played in Highway Tampa 2142. "
    Not enough people appreciate 2142. Game was buggy, sure, but man did I have a lot of fun in that game.
    endless_void

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95  Edited By endless_void
    @Khann:Totally agreed
    MrKlorox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96  Edited By MrKlorox
    @Khann:  Absolutely. 2142 was more concerned with crazy impossible gameplay than it was trying to tether itself to reality, like most modern set games.
    Jimbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97  Edited By Jimbo
    @Ahmad_Metallic: If you join a game and it's 400-10 and one team has all the flags then a) you already missed the part where that team outfought the losing team for all of those bases, and b) wouldn't it be better if the obviously dominant team could put the shitty team out of their misery and end the round early, so the teams can be rebalanced and a new round started?

If anything 'my' system (apparently it was used in Joint Ops and Project Reality) would prevent one team racing forward and capturing all of the flags without a fight (though I'm not sure how you would do that unless the other team is asleep anyway), because they wouldn't be able to cap the flags near your base until they had captured a line of flags to those ones.

NVM, if Dice don't include / switch to Advance & Secure then it'll get modded in anyway.
    pandashake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98  Edited By pandashake

I'd love to see pilot-able ships and cruisers again. One of the most unique multiplayer shooter experiences  to me where everyone's working together and repairing the ship or ramming ships against ships or beaching the ship and everyone gets all mad its hilarious.

I really hope they make the experience feel grand again like bf1942 with all types of various vehicles. I really hope its just not bc2 with improved graphics and larger player limits.

SlightConfuse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99  Edited By SlightConfuse
    MrKlorox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100  Edited By MrKlorox
    @Jimbo said:
    " If anything 'my' system (apparently it was used in Joint Ops and Project Reality) would prevent one team racing forward and capturing all of the flags without a fight (though I'm not sure how you would do that unless the other team is asleep anyway), because they wouldn't be able to cap the flags near your base until they had captured a line of flags to those ones. "
    Sounds a LOT like DICE's (Double) Assault Lines rules for CQ.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.