Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Battlefield 3

Game » consists of 15 releases. Released Oct 25, 2011

Battlefield 3 is DICE's third numerical installment in the Battlefield franchise. It features a single player and co-operative campaign, as well as an extensive multiplayer component.

Quit the hating

Wuddel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By Wuddel

Whats up with people for wanting the respective other version to be bad? I mean it really does not affect you. 

I own a reasonably beefy PC, but I know I will never be able to bring up my skills with mouse+keyboard so the game will be fun for me ... anymore (because I am old). So I really like playing it on the console, and I think there is nothing wrong with it. And everyone knows that the money is there.

canucks23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By canucks23

I don't think anybody wants a certain version to be bad, it's just that the PC community feels that the PC version shouldn't just be another console port like BC2 and should be designed like a PC battlefield game. I wanna see the PC version like that, but it's not like i want the console versions to be bad.

B0nd07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#3  Edited By B0nd07
    @canucks23 said:
    " I don't think anybody wants a certain version to be bad, it's just that the PC community feels that the PC version shouldn't just be another console port like BC2 and should be designed like a PC battlefield game. I wanna see the PC version like that, but it's not like i want the console versions to be bad. "
    Pretty much this.  I don't really care that the consoles are getting a version, not do I wish for that version to be terrible.  I only care that the PC version gets the attention it deserves and is not just another port like so many other shooters these days.
    Jayross

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 6

#4  Edited By Jayross

No one is saying they -want- the other version to be bad, it's just that PC will have 64 players, and the consoles will have half of that at max.

That means smaller maps and less vehicles for consoles.

I loved BC2 on the 360, but BF3 is an entirely different game.

Again, no one is hating.

ShaneDev

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By ShaneDev

People want a proper sequel to BF2 and feel that the limitations on the consoles have may have an effect on how DICE develops the game and the final result. I doubt very much that it will be in anyway be worse because they are making consoles versions and I will probably play on PC if my PC can run it. If someone is going to get up in arms about it then at least wait until more details arrive about the game.

BigBoss1911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By BigBoss1911

This game is going to be meant to be played on pc.

Enigma777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#7  Edited By Enigma777

They're just angry that PC gaming is dead. :) 

I'll be getting my copy for 360 (or PS3 if they do some kind of exclusive thing).

infininja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#8  Edited By infininja
    @Jayross said:
    " Again, no one is hating. "
    Read more. :p
    TheGreatGuero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#9  Edited By TheGreatGuero

I can't wait for it to come to 360. Battlefield 2 certainly holds it's own against COD. COD is milking everything it's got, so unless they make some big changes soon or stop releasing a game each year, they're going to run out of steam real soon. Already the games are losing some of their appeal and are starting to feel a bit dated, so I'm hoping they really step it up for Modern Warfare 3, or Battlefield 3 might leave them in the dust.

rosebud04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By rosebud04
    Avatar image for kaosangel-DELETED
    KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 3

#11  Edited By KaosAngel

Battlefield is a PC game, and current generation consoles can't even run the same server count of BC2 that PC can do.  People are afraid the console versions will gimp the fuck out of the PC version.

Rockanomics

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Rockanomics

I haven't seen any such "hating" but it's probably just the PC defense force (mind you all I have is a PC for gaming so I should be one of them) finally having something, anything to rally behind.

SomeJerk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By SomeJerk

We could get Treyarch'd (jam 64 players into maps ordinarily used by 24) but um.. we probably won't. Will be like what BF was since 1942 - killzones in large maps. Easy to scale the playfield. I've been verbing for an El Alamein experience again, with plenty players, BC2 obviously didn't deliver on that though I have enjoyed the infantry action.

Pie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#14  Edited By Pie

Thats just KaosAngel

Enigma777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#15  Edited By Enigma777
    @KaosAngel said:
    " Battlefield is a PC game, and current generation consoles can't even run the same server count of BC2 that PC can do.  People are afraid the console versions will gimp the fuck out of the PC version. "
    They should be used to it already since every other game in the past few years has done so. Hell even Dragon Age 2 has been consolized (is this word?). 
    AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#16  Edited By AhmadMetallic
    @KaosAngel said:
    " Battlefield is a PC game, and current generation consoles can't even run the same server count of BC2 that PC can do.  People are afraid the console versions will gimp the fuck out of the PC version. "
    yeah i mean, its like this : 
    when the game goes on consoles, its supposed to be dumbed down because the dev cant afford developing two completely different versions (PC and consoles) 
    when the consoles are causing the good games to get dumbed down and streamlined, that pisses us off 
    being pissed off, we SOUND like we're hating the consoles, though we just hate that their existence in the mix, negatively affects the outcome 

@Pie said:
    " Thats just KaosAngel "
    pie quit hatin' brah 
    also sup man long time no chat
    cornbredx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#17  Edited By cornbredx

I don't hate this game. That's a bit harsh. I don't find this game any fun so I don't play it.

Before you scream at me "Thats not the point of this thread!" Don't worry, I know already.
    I don't care which platform its on I probably still wont play it. Reality based shooters do not appeal to me unless they're super ridiculous (on the verge of loony tunes). I prefer my shooters to be absurd. I killed people in real life already (army Veteran), I don't feel like thinking about that anymore.

I wish all platforms the best experience possible.

AndyPhifer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#18  Edited By AndyPhifer

As Jay-Z said, "What you eat don't make me shit." Gamers should practice this philosophy more often.

No0b0rAmA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By No0b0rAmA
    @KaosAngel said:
    Pretty much this.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.