Service Stars and Me

#1 Edited by Seppli (10250 posts) -

I'm doing Service Stars. These are specific to kits, weapons and I guess vehicles. Weapons get a Service Star every 100 kills. Kits get the first for all their unlocks and then every 150k+ XP or so. I guess vehicle Service Stars will be similar (haven't gotten one yet).

So I'll do a round of Service Star 1 for everything before I go for Service Star 2 with anything. This will keep my playstyle and experience varied and balanced. The perfect OCD to keep me from becoming a one-sided player.

You guys got Service Star related plans and goals?

#2 Edited by Rockanomics (1150 posts) -

Service stars?! What a fantastic dream for me...

No I think I'll stay here in the real world where the game feels the need to constantly crash abruptly, keeping my playtime to a maximum of 15 minutes. Because I don't have any fucking choice.

Maybe I should just give up this idiotic PC gaming nonsense, sure my 360 shit the bed but at least there's an actual concrete solution, buy a fucking new one!

#3 Posted by Tebbit (4485 posts) -

I just got a service star for that M27 (!?) machine gun, the second one you get, for Support. I guess I should probably stop using it... but goddamn. That IRNV (!?) sight is so awesome.

#4 Posted by Swoxx (3008 posts) -

I think I have 15 service stars for the F2000 so far, mind as well keep going for 100.

#5 Posted by White (1410 posts) -

Going for 10,000 kills with my M416 probably. Got a long way to go.

#6 Posted by big_jon (5782 posts) -

@Rockanomics said:

Service stars?! What a fantastic dream for me...

No I think I'll stay here in the real world where the game feels the need to constantly crash abruptly, keeping my playtime to a maximum of 15 minutes. Because I don't have any fucking choice.

Maybe I should just give up this idiotic PC gaming nonsense, sure my 360 shit the bed but at least there's an actual concrete solution, buy a fucking new one!

It's not much better on the 360, still crashes and glitches all the time.

#7 Posted by FrankCanada97 (4039 posts) -

I have a service star for the AK-74M and M16A3. I also had my first mobile AA service star, that one netted me a cool 10,000xp.

#8 Posted by khopps17 (51 posts) -

Doing the same thing. just getting a star in everything I can.

#9 Posted by Xyber (294 posts) -
#10 Edited by Seppli (10250 posts) -

Almost done with my first tour of duty primary weapon wise. Looking forward to doing service star 2. At least at the beginning I can mix and match freely until service star 2 starts to limit my choices again. All weapons already got their basic 10 unlocks. No more unlocking chore, just pure and mostly competitive fun. The hardest gun to get used to was the AN-94 due to insane default recoil getting even worse with the heavy barrel. I kinda like it with a Silencer/RDS/Frontgrip, if only it wouldn't default to burst fire. That fucked me over plenty when I did my 100 kills for service star 1.

#11 Edited by Seppli (10250 posts) -

Oh god the P90 is a wet towel. Awesome weapon, but it has really low DPS even up-close and the damage drop-off is ridiculous. Hoping the slight buff will make it the prime ninja weapon. 51 bullets of silent death with high mobility. Sounds awesome to me. Hip fire away!

Generally quite impressed with the PDWs. The PDW-R and UMP were a tonne of fun to play with. Still got to do the PP-2000 and MP-7, then I'm through with all primary guns. It's a good thing to be able to chose any gun and have all basic customization options. I beat the unlocking metagame, now I can just play fully functional Battlefield 3, as it's intended to be played.

Did my first night of tank whoring today. A couple of flawless rounds and MVP ribbons and increased K/D and SPM later... yep - vehicle whoring still pays-off big time. A flawless round on Seine Crossing against a badass squad was awesome. Survived that thing without going out of business by the skin of my teeth. Without me, they would have eaten my team alive. The river area was in ruins after. Key asset for key player. I love it when a plan comes together.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.