Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Battlefield 3

Game » consists of 15 releases. Released Oct 25, 2011

Battlefield 3 is DICE's third numerical installment in the Battlefield franchise. It features a single player and co-operative campaign, as well as an extensive multiplayer component.

So, I'm a fan of BF1943... would I enjoy BF3?

GearDraxon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By GearDraxon

I really enjoy BF1942/1943 (still remember downloading the original demo for 1942, and playing just the Wake Island map for hours), but I've yet to really try any of the more "modern" BF games, such as Bad Company, BC2, etc. Anyone out there who's gone from one to the other: are the play experiences similar? I'll be playing on 360, so the player count differences won't be quite as great.

toolzz360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 49

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By toolzz360

battlefield 3 is really the best battlefield game, wake island is even in the game...seems like everything was added from previous games into one, i think you would love it

kindgineer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By kindgineer

@toolzz360 said:

battlefield 3 is really the best battlefield game, wake island is even in the game...seems like everything was added from previous games into one, i think you would love it

Karl_Boss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By Karl_Boss

Yeah probably

MrKlorox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By MrKlorox

The maps in 1943 are old school conquest style maps that have the points spread out with plenty of space. BC2 conquest maps are mostly linear and rarely have more than 3 flags. BF3 has both styles of conquest maps, though I'm not sure of the flag count on the console versions of the maps. BF3 also has Back to Karkand which has four great open maps.

1943 also doesn't have any form of Rush mode, which is the mode DICE seems to focus more on lately. Both BC2 and BF3's rush modes are about as good as eachother, which could be awesome if it turns out you like that mode. They also have a couple forms of deathmatch.

BF3 is worth a shot if you liked 1943, and has maps that are more like 1943's than BC2 ever did.

mikeeegeee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By mikeeegeee
    @johnLongview@MrKlorox: I'd also throw in that BF3 is technically breathtaking and I'm even still amazed by it. The smoke and lighting effects are unreal.
    big_jon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 18

#7  Edited By big_jon

I would find it odd if you didn't, however, BadCompany 2 was an amazing game too. maybe better than BF3.

GearDraxon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By GearDraxon

Thanks, duders! Sounds like I would enjoy it, even if the new game modes are fairly different.

Sooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#9  Edited By Sooty

1943 was quite horrible, in comparison both BC2 and BF3 are better in every possible way.

GearDraxon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By GearDraxon

@Sooty: ...well, that was really helpful, as I said that "I'm a big fan of BF1943..." :P

Sooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#11  Edited By Sooty
    @johnLongview said:

@Sooty: ...well, that was really helpful, as I said that "I'm a big fan of BF1943..." :P

I'm just shocked because I felt it was a really weak entry to the series, I never played Modern Combat but I definitely consider 1943 the worst, it's just not very fluid at all
    Avatar image for willthemagicasian
    WilltheMagicAsian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@toolzz360: Personally, I'd have to disagree. Four classes, super de-saturated, locking up key class items (medic paddles), garbage maps (besides the BF2 maps) and a pointless Sun effect that's more a nuisance than impressive.

To each their own I guess. I'll continue to play BF2. But I will concede that it is miles ahead of the busted game BC2 was. Mostly because they wised up and added vehicle sensitivity and ping to the scoreboard.

swoxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#13  Edited By swoxx

You can't really compare those games.

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#14  Edited By AhmadMetallic
    @ccampb89 said:

@toolzz360 said:

I play the game almost every day and it's #2 on my top ten of 2011, it's so great it's beyond.. greatness. However I highly disagree with that statement. If anything, a lot was removed from previous games and it's not exactly the best title in the franchise.
    Nadafinga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#15  Edited By Nadafinga

@big_jon said:

I would find it odd if you didn't, however, BadCompany 2 was an amazing game too. maybe better than BF3.

Agree. I love BF3, and it makes some good tweaks & improvements over BC2...but there's a still a few things that BC2 did better. They're both awesome though.

As to the original post, 1943 was my first BF game, I really liked it, and BC2 and BF3 are both better in every way. So, yeah, I think you'll dig it.

Avatar image for deranged_midget
    Deranged

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 5

#16  Edited By Deranged

Battlefield 3 is an awesome experience, don't miss out.

Sneakybadger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#17  Edited By Sneakybadger

Buy It.

Play it.

LIVE IT.

GearDraxon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By GearDraxon

@Sneakybadger: Can't I just do the first two? Or has Project Ten Dollar gotten that out of hand?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.