Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Battlefield 3

Game » consists of 15 releases. Released Oct 25, 2011

Battlefield 3 is DICE's third numerical installment in the Battlefield franchise. It features a single player and co-operative campaign, as well as an extensive multiplayer component.

So it seems like EA has screwed me over.

ABK_92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By ABK_92

I pre-ordered Battlefield 3 through Origin on the 25th, at around 10-11PM EST. At about 11:30 on the 25th I was looking around on Origin and saw that Battlefield 3 was supposedly purchased on the 26th even though it was obviously not even the 26th yet in my time time zone. I already had the order confirmation email dated on the 25th at around 11:05 PM so I was pretty confused. So here I was about an hour and a half ago, still without any email from Origin with my early access code. So I decided to try a live chat with customer support which took them like 40 minutes to get to me. The man told me that yes, my order was placed on the 25th, but he has no idea if I will get my early access code. Which honestly kind of pissed me off. And when I asked if he could check with somebody else he pretty much just said "no". So here I am still waiting for the code but honestly I don't have very much faith that I'll ever get it...

jjnen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By jjnen

Isn't the beta going to open to everyone tomorrow?

Avatar image for deactivated-65f0b21bb6a1a
    deactivated-65f0b21bb6a1a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@Rappelsiini: Think it's the 29th

ABK_92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By ABK_92

@Rappelsiini said:

It's going public the 29th but to me It's just the principal of the whole thing. I feel as if I deserve the Early access for pre-ordering from Origin when I could of got it from Amazon, a company I respect.

emergency

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By emergency

Same happened to me essentially. What can you do though other than hope.

Vodun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Vodun

How will you survive? Write your congressman! Call the UN!

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#7  Edited By AhmadMetallic
    @ABK_92 said:

@Rappelsiini said:

It's going public the 29th but to me It's just the principal of the whole thing. I feel as if I deserve the Early access for pre-ordering from Origin when I could of got it from Amazon, a company I respect.

@emergency said:

1. Go on the official forums and inquire/complain 
    2. Use the live chat support to get answers/accelerate the process 
    3. Tweet to @Zh1nt0 and demand what is rightfully yours
    Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#8  Edited By Seppli

My PS3 Beta is up and running, though I've got 2 copies of MoH LE and I'd rather play on PC, but so far no luck. The official forums are full of complaints about not having received their early beta access codes yet. Major screwup I say.

Beta itself is awesome. The gunplay is a huge improvement over BF:BC 2. So much more punch to it and the weapon types are more distinct. Love it. Though it is really hard going back to 720p @ 30 FPS after playing a lot of BF:BC 2 on PC @ 1080p @ 50+ FPS.

I'm done waiting for my PC key. Back to PS3 for now. If ExMaloBonum shoots you in your face, that was me. I'm sorry.

ABK_92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By ABK_92

@AhmadMetallic said:

@ABK_92 said:

@Rappelsiini said:

@emergency said:

1. Go on the official forums and inquire/complain
    2. Use the live chat support to get answers/accelerate the process
    3. Tweet to @Zh1nt0 and demand what is rightfully yours

I already tried the live chat as stated above, I guess I could try it again. Or maybe I'll just create a twitter account and tweet the guy. Thanks Metallic.

droop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#10  Edited By droop

I've had pre ordered for ages and have MoH LM on Origin bought through EA Store before Origin.. Still no fucking code.

ABK_92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By ABK_92

@Droop said:

I've had pre ordered for ages and have MoH LM on Origin bought through EA Store before Origin.. Still no fucking code.

So maybe I'm overreacting and they just haven't sent it to me yet? Who knows.

Ravenlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Ravenlight

@ABK_92 said:

I feel as if I deserve the Early access for pre-ordering from Origin when I could of got it from Amazon, a company I respect.

Entitled much?

droop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By droop

@ABK_92 said:

@Droop said:

So maybe I'm overreacting and they just haven't sent it to me yet? Who knows.

Hopefully :)

Jimbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#14  Edited By Jimbo

@Ravenlight said:

@ABK_92 said:

I feel as if I deserve the Early access for pre-ordering from Origin when I could of got it from Amazon, a company I respect.

Entitled much?

Err, yes, that's how selling things works...

ABK_92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By ABK_92

@Ravenlight said:

@ABK_92 said:

Entitled much?

Yep.

DonPixel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By DonPixel

I got a beta code for PC eventhoug I'm buying PS3, Scratching head...

Avatar image for holycrapitsadam
    holycrapitsadam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By holycrapitsadam

its just a game demo basically. Is it that big of a deal if you get to play it 2 days before other people? Or a month before you will have the finished product in your hands and can play it whenever you want? I think there are bigger issues than getting shorted a couple of days of playing a video game. People seem to be blowing this stuff way out of proportion. Just relax, and be patient. I understand why you are upset, but if you were so eager to get early access, why did you wait till the last possible minute to pre-order when you had weeks to do so? just curious

salad10203

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ABK_92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By ABK_92

@HolyCrapItsAdam said:

its just a game demo basically. Is it that big of a deal if you get to play it 2 days before other people? Or a month before you will have the finished product in your hands and can play it whenever you want? I think there are bigger issues than getting shorted a couple of days of playing a video game. People seem to be blowing this stuff way out of proportion. Just relax, and be patient. I understand why you are upset, but if you were so eager to get early access, why did you wait till the last possible minute to pre-order when you had weeks to do so? just curious

I totally missed the part where it had to be pre-ordered by the 25th and then I had to put some cash in my checking account to buy it, also I got home late from one of my classes that night. Basically a lot of crap happened that i can blame EA for. But still I ordered it a good hour before 11:59 PM so it should be fine. And the fact that it said I purchased it the 26th before it was even the 26th confuses me.

emergency

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By emergency

@ABK_92 said:

@HolyCrapItsAdam said:

I totally missed the part where it had to be pre-ordered by the 25th and then I had to put some cash in my checking account to buy it, also I got home late from one of my classes that night. Basically a lot of crap happened that i can blame EA for. But still I ordered it a good hour before 11:59 PM so it should be fine. And the fact that it said I purchased it the 26th before it was even the 26th confuses me.

Your confused that Origin uses a different timezone to you? Really? Really?

SLUSHiNaToR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#21  Edited By SLUSHiNaToR

@ABK_92 said:

@HolyCrapItsAdam said:

.... also I got home late from one of my classes that night. Basically a lot of crap happened that i can blame EA for.

Those bastards!

Shabs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#22  Edited By Shabs

@Ravenlight said:

@ABK_92 said:

Entitled much?

Hardly fair to berate the OP. Money changed hands for this. The seller cannot confirm or deny if they will honour the deal. The only incentive to buy from Origin was this deal so the OP is absolutely entitled to expect access.

ABK_92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By ABK_92

@emergency said:

@ABK_92 said:

@HolyCrapItsAdam said:

Your confused that Origin uses a different timezone to you? Really? Really?

Wow that totally came out wrong. I meant to type "that I can't blame EA for."

Anyway I assumed that they go by the consumers time zone.

ezdude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By ezdude

What that's bs, they should've been able to give you a code on the spot, and just cancel your e-mail.

ABK_92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By ABK_92

@ezdude said:

What that's bs, they should've been able to give you a code on the spot, and just cancel your e-mail.

I was hoping he would do that but nope. Hell, he barely ever gave me a straight answer for any of my questions.

RsistncE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By RsistncE

@Ravenlight said:

@ABK_92 said:

Entitled much?

So you're clearly one of the following:

a) illiterate, since OP clearly said that he paid for a pre-order

b) one those douches who likes to call any level of customer expectation as being "entitled"

or

c) you're an EA shill

Vinny_Says

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#27  Edited By Vinny_Says

Tell them you no longer want Battlefield 3 and would rather spend your money on MW3

big_jon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 18

#28  Edited By big_jon

Why the fuck is this Beta getting process so convoluted? What a joke, EA should get their heads out of their asses.

Cloudenvy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Cloudenvy

@big_jon said:

Why the fuck is this Beta getting process so convoluted? What a joke, EA should get their heads out of their asses.

I'd like if they fixed the game first. :3

Ravenlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Ravenlight

@RsistncE said:

b) one those douches who likes to call any level of customer expectation as being "entitled"

or

c) you're an EA shill

Sadly I fall into category A on this one :/

This is what happens when I browse forums while I'm working.

Number C is an interesting category, though. I wonder if EA has a budget for paying people to pimp BF3/Origin on forums.

swoxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By swoxx

@Cloudenvy said:

@big_jon said:

I'd like if they fixed the game first. :3

Sorry what? All I heard was QQ

Evilmetal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Evilmetal

@ABK_92:

1. go back to the fuckin' chat and tell the dude you'd like to cancel the pre-order, because X Y and Z.
    2. wait for the beta on the 29th
    3. if you really do like BF3 from what you saw in the 'beta', pre-order it again right before release in late October (from EA or another retailer)
    RsistncE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By RsistncE

@Ravenlight said:

@RsistncE said:

or

c) you're an EA shill

Number C is an interesting category, though. I wonder if EA has a budget for paying people to pimp BF3/Origin on forums.

I clearly should have put in another option "didn't read post". I apologize for being a dick, but I get really tired of how often I hear the word "entitled" on these forums.

Avatar image for insane_shadowblade85
    insane_shadowblade85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Pretty much what happened to me. I preordered on the 25, my receipt shows that I ordered on the 25th but my order confirmation ended up being sent to me on the 26th. I didn't receive my early access beta code but, like other people have said, the open beta will be available in 2 more days so I can wait. This just gives me time to go through a few games I haven't finished yet.

Evilmetal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Evilmetal

@RsistncE said:

@Ravenlight said:

@RsistncE said:

or

c) you're an EA shill

I clearly should have put in another option "didn't read post". I apologize for being a dick, but I get really tired of how often I hear the word "entitled" on these forums.

heh... I think those who attack with the word "entitled" must be EA shills. Why? Because it is in the interest of the business to not provide a lot for the cost of the product. As a businessman you want to charge X amount of money for a product and give as little back to the customer as possible, in terms of value. The customer must be given the illusion of significant value.

DeeGee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By DeeGee

You waited until the last possible moment to place your preorder, literally less then an hour before the cut off. Not a big surprise this happened.

Ravenlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Ravenlight

@Evilmetal said:

@RsistncE said:

heh... I think those who attack with the word "entitled" must be EA shills. Why? Because it is in the interest of the business to not provide a lot for the cost of the product. As a businessman you want to charge X amount of money for a product and give as little back to the customer as possible, in terms of value. The customer must be given the illusion of significant value.

I think we just crossed into Inception territory here.

Subjugation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Subjugation

Because time zones.

TheGreatGuero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By TheGreatGuero

I heard the open beta was starting today...

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.