So that Tunguska Anti-Air tank...

#1 Posted by Spoonman671 (4768 posts) -

...is a bit of a rape machine isn't it?  Particularly on Noshahr Canals in rush mode, after the M-Coms on top of that big hill.  I've yet to find a good counter for it.  Any tips?

#2 Posted by xdaknightx69 (450 posts) -

it used to be a rape machine until they nerfed the hell out of it , u can try to jav it or get into a tank and it will go down fast

#3 Posted by Spoonman671 (4768 posts) -
@xdaknightx69 said:

it used to be a rape machine until they nerfed the hell out of it , u can try to jav it or get into a tank and it will go down fast

Does the javelin function differently than the stinger?  I haven't unlocked it yet.  The only map where the Tunguska really lays waste to my team doesn't have a tank, so the javelin may be the only alternative.
#4 Posted by AhmadMetallic (18954 posts) -

DICE's approach to balancing the whole Air Vehicles vs Anti-Air Vehicle clusterfuck astounds me. They never find the sweet spot.

#5 Posted by big_jon (5782 posts) -

I went 22/0 first time I got in it.

#6 Posted by Wuddel (2100 posts) -

@Spoonman671: Yeah. RANGE! HUGE FUCKING RANGE! I hate it. Just tag it, and you can hit out-line-of-sight vehicles with Javelins and Guided Missles from the top. One hit will disable the AA. A second destroy it.

The AA is not broken. Its rather fragile. But I went 24-0 with the AA on Noshahr because most pilots are fucking idiots. Coming at me at close range with their pathetic minigun. Instead of droping a bunch of engis with RPGs behind me. Attack choppers can pseudo-1hit kill AAs. TVMissle on the gunner. Guided on the pilot. Instant death for an AA outside of its range.

#7 Edited by Spoonman671 (4768 posts) -
@Wuddel said:

@Spoonman671: Yeah. RANGE! HUGE FUCKING RANGE! I hate it. Just tag it, and you can hit out-line-of-sight vehicles with Javelins and Guided Missles from the top. One hit will disable the AA. A second destroy it.

The AA is not broken. Its rather fragile. But I went 24-0 with the AA on Noshahr because most pilots are fucking idiots. Coming at me at close range with their pathetic minigun. Instead of droping a bunch of engis with RPGs behind me. Attack choppers can pseudo-1hit kill AAs. TVMissle on the gunner. Guided on the pilot. Instant death for an AA outside of its range.

What exactly do you mean by "tag it"?  Are you talking about recon's remote laser doodad or is that a function of the javelin itself?  I just unlocked the HK54, which is the only Engineer weapon I've really liked, so I should have the javelin unlocked soon.  In the meantime, I'm getting insta-gibbed.
#8 Posted by Wuddel (2100 posts) -

@Spoonman671: Yes. The Recons SOFLAM. The unlockable 3rd seat on the MBT and the "Laser Painter" upgrade on the Scout chopper can do that.

#9 Posted by FrankCanada97 (4039 posts) -

Tunguska is lacking a bit in terms of maneuverability compared to the LAV-AD.

#10 Posted by Wuddel (2100 posts) -

@FrankCanada97: Well, its wheeled vs. threaded. The Tunguska can turn on the spot, which is nice. The acceleration certainly lacks though to evade a attack chopper salvo though.

#11 Edited by LibertyForAll (34 posts) -

Was on the receiving team end of someone going 70-2 in it on that map in that area ..before the "nerf"
I think they changed it from .2 sec death to .3 sec death ....so 50% nerf I guess!!!
I can understand AA being devasting to infantry, but then what I don't understand is why do the tank machine guns seem take the same or more hits to kill an infantry than the regular infantry machine guns do.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.