Sooooo..... How do we access the beta?

#1 Posted by Shaggydoo (13 posts) -

^topic

#2 Posted by TomA (2531 posts) -

you don't, at least not yet.

#3 Posted by Redsox44 (481 posts) -

You download it, when it opens.

#4 Posted by AhmadMetallic (18955 posts) -
@Shaggydoo:  What platform, and do you have early access?
#5 Posted by Majestic_XII (95 posts) -

I'm downloading the game as we speak! Employees get extra early access :)

#6 Posted by Quemador (165 posts) -

@Majestic_XII:YOU LIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#7 Posted by nickb64 (214 posts) -

When it's out, I think it'll be available via Origin. There's a post on the BF blog site about it.

#8 Posted by xdaknightx69 (449 posts) -

on the PC u need to download it via origin software on the 29th, not sure how the console crap works . ur gonna need a origin account .

#9 Posted by Drazat (167 posts) -

On PS3 it just show up in the store on 360 they email a code that's for the "early" beta acces.

#10 Posted by ezdude (393 posts) -

Well it seems that only people who bought the the game via Origin, no matter what platform, will get into the beta early, tomorrow. For the rest, the beta will start Thursday the 29th at

• 5 AM US Pacific
  • 8 AM US Eastern
  • 2 PM Central Europe (14:00)
  • 10 PM AEST (Australia)
  • 9 PM JST (Japan)

Grabbed from the unofficial blog.

#11 Posted by david3cm (635 posts) -

So I really want to play this beta, and I am willing to pay 20 bucks on a bad game like medal of honor to get into it 2 days early. I was going to go pick up a copy but a friend of mine said the window to register that code may be closed, can anyone confirm if this is true or not? also, does anyone know the size of the beta, i may have ti clear some stuff off my 360 hard drive.

#12 Posted by JJOR64 (18885 posts) -

Give me $20 and I'll get you in.

#13 Posted by PhatSeeJay (3322 posts) -

@Majestic_XII said:

I'm downloading the game as we speak! Employees get extra early access :)

Been playing for a couple of hours. Gotta love employee perks. =3

#14 Posted by MrKlorox (11198 posts) -

Noon UTC. Should have guessed. I suppose I'll have to start downloading early tomorrow morning instead of late tonight.

#15 Posted by mosdl (3228 posts) -

Have they said when emails will be sent?

#16 Posted by Seppli (10251 posts) -

Tomorrow at 10 AM CET (Central European Time), it will become available on Origin (that's in about 8 hours). I believe it's going to be an EA account kinda deal, but otherwise the beta code will arrive shortly. At least that's how I understand it.

I keep myself updated about all thing BF3 with this handy site...

#17 Posted by StickyW3b (121 posts) -

Its an open download Thursday. PSN Store and Xbox Live Marketplace will have it.. I know PC will have it too but I dont think its through Steam....im not sure for PC guys...

#18 Posted by mosdl (3228 posts) -

PC is all through Origin.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.