Super Mega Backflip - A Battlefield 3 Montage by Cayin

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Edited by BF3Cayin (11 posts) -

Hey guys just released my first montage and looking to create a 2nd in the near future seeing as this was my first attempt at any kind of video editing the next one should be way better but don't expect DDR Effects in the next one – not a fan of those

Took me a few weeks to capture and edit but here it is;

Channel = http://www.youtube.com/user/BF3Cayin?feature=mhee

Video = http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-AXu8UxslPE

Share and support if you can, Thanks!

#2 Posted by Bollard (5550 posts) -

There were some pretty sweet timings in that montage, like the helicopter bouncing over the tank at like one minute something, and then the tankshot on that jet at just before 2 minutes. I'd say the whole thing would benefit way more if you synced every shot up with the music. I always find those the most satisfying montages.

#3 Edited by BF3Cayin (11 posts) -

@Chavtheworld: Ah yes, twas my very first shot at video editting :P tried to do as much syncing as i could later on in the vid - learnt alot about music choices after finishing it, the 2nd and 3rd as opposed to the first for example.

I'm working on another project now and it should be 100 times better - still i refuse to make any montage / gameplay vid now or in the future look like we are watching someone play DDR. :) Hope you sub and look out for the new vid coming out soon.

EDIT : Just to add emphasis and I kid you not, NO experience of capture or editing and it was all recorded edited in a little over 2 weeks on / off *work / wife related boundaries* :P

#4 Edited by big_jon (5727 posts) -

@BF3Cayin: Cool montage but it really seems lame that you would create an account here just to remote it.

#5 Posted by BF3Cayin (11 posts) -

Good reason to make an account tbh, never used to use any forums / community boards now I have a reason - I was more of a window viewer rather than actually post so yer.

#6 Posted by S0ndor (2716 posts) -

Must have.. hyperlink... can't be arsed to... ctrl+c...

#7 Edited by BF3Cayin (11 posts) -

@S0ndor: Right-o will fix that up right away

EDIT : Done.

#8 Edited by GJSmitty (651 posts) -

I wonder if this will be locked...

#9 Posted by BF3Cayin (11 posts) -

I don't think so I'm collecting as much advice as I can so I can make a more rounded approach for my current project, gathering polls on what people like the most in the vid etc, example : Absolutely under no circumstances should METRO be included XD

#10 Posted by Cloudenvy (5891 posts) -

@GJSmitty: It might be seen as advertising, so probably.

#11 Posted by Akrid (1356 posts) -

Pfft, no backflip. False advertising man.

This is how duders do:

#12 Posted by AlexW00d (6275 posts) -

Was pretty good, aside from the shitty music, and all the hipfire, and it maybe, just maybe dragged on a little bit. 13 minutes is a long video.

#13 Edited by BF3Cayin (11 posts) -

Yeah im bringing it down to 2 songs length next vid, and I'm a little confused about the hate with hipfire - like I mean I was using laser sight for most of them and have a habit of being able to nail people without aiming down the sights / scope cause of CS, but if thats what you think then I'll try not to include any hipfire next vid - oh and everyone has diff tastes in music suprisingly I've gotten very very very few complaints about music....the few that complained had WWE forum avatars.

EDIT : Prolly better just to list the changes I know to make from polling feedback

- Shorter length *Bringing it back to 2 songs

- No Hip-fire *Still baffles me

- NO METRO *Totally understand

- Less JihadJeeping *Unless it's original / wow e.g Jeep into heli / Passenger in Jeep C4'n a Tank XD

- More Sniping out of Helicopters / Sniping Aircraft with Tanks *I'm fair decent at this within my first hour of playing after releasing the vid I had 4 Jet Snipes in my vid folder :)

Haven't gotten any requests for more editing and effects which makes me glad, I really hate watching videos where I feel like I'm in a planetarium of some sort. Simple editing with smooth / inventive transitions without the need of heavily used speed ups / slow downs to make average gameplay look good seems to win over majority of the viewers. Although I will play around a little with darker overlays for those certain moments - Can't stress enough though, first vid, no exp with capture or editing, done in a little over 2 weeks :P

#14 Edited by big_jon (5727 posts) -

@AlexW00d said:

pretty good, aside from the shitty music, and all the hipfire, and it maybe, just maybe dragged on a little bit. 13 minutes is a long video.

Music taste is subjective and hip fire is a part of the game, good players use it, no sure why it should be left out of a montage?

#15 Posted by BF3Cayin (11 posts) -

^ Gives me the push to have the mentality of F what the Elitists think - they only ever release infantry footage anyway....might as well play CS or CoD - no diss btw to either.

#16 Posted by AlexW00d (6275 posts) -

@big_jon said:

@AlexW00d said:

pretty good, aside from the shitty music, and all the hipfire, and it maybe, just maybe dragged on a little bit. 13 minutes is a long video.

Music taste is subjective and hip fire is a part of the game, good players use it, no sure why it should be left out of a montage?

Good players do not use hipfire. Good players aim and get the kills and only use half the ammo. It's not particularly impressive to watch.

@BF3Cayin: Infantry footage is usually pretty boring, unless it's shit like the double headshots, or sniping out of vehicles. Vehicular stuff is much more interesting to watch. Hence why Birgirpall is so popular with his videos.

#17 Edited by big_jon (5727 posts) -

@AlexW00d said:

@big_jon said:

@AlexW00d said:

Good players do not use hipfire. Good players aim and get the kills and only use half the ammo. It's not particularly impressive to watch.

@BF3Cayin: Infantry footage is usually pretty boring, unless it's shit like the double headshots, or sniping out of vehicles. Vehicular stuff is much more interesting to watch. Hence why Birgirpall is so popular with his videos.

lololol

You have no idea what a good player is if you really think that is true, these are the kinds of things that bad kids who think they are good say.

If you don't even understand that hip fire is better to used when suppressed, which is close range fights is often then you are probably not having much luck on the battlefield.

@BF3Cayin

One thing I will say is that I think you left your best footage for the last ten or so minutes, which is cool, but I can imagine that the majority of people who watched may have stopped paying attention before the best parts of the video.

I wish I had a capture card, I would love to make a montage, you should add me to battlelog.

#18 Posted by AlexW00d (6275 posts) -

@big_jon: No. Someone who thinks hipfire is talented is someone who doesn't know what they are talking about. The time it would take to ADS and fire 2-6 bullets in to 3 different foes would be significantly less than if you attempted to do so with hipfire, you'd probably run out of bullets before you've killed the second guy anyway.

That last sentence makes little sense due to your awful grammar, but I think you're trying to say something about close quarters combat? Anywho, if you're meant to be the amazing talented player you claim, you wouldn't be getting so close anyway, and you'd be taking out the enemy long before they have a chance to suppress you. Unless you're a metro player or something? Always engage at long range.

#19 Edited by big_jon (5727 posts) -

@AlexW00d: Getting close to other players makes you a non skilled player? What kind of logic is that? You sir are a moron, hey maybe when you can get your K/D above .7 you can talk to be about being good, or not, what ever.

Also, I play all the maps, I like the larger ones generally, but I like me some metro from time to time too.

#20 Edited by AlexW00d (6275 posts) -

@big_jon said:

@AlexW00d: Getting close to other players makes you a non skilled player? What kind of logic is that? You sir are a moron, hey maybe when you can get your K/D above .7 you can talk to be about being good, or not, what ever.

Also, I play all the maps, I like the larger ones generally, but I like me some metro from time to time too.

I have never stated I was a good player. Ever. That means nothing though. I die far more often from dudes at moderate range than imbeciles who run around and blind fire. Maybe that comes with playing on PC instead of console, but the point is, most dudes I see blind fire up close die really quickly. Also, the shitty K/D has more to do with stuff like this.

Oh, and

@Akrid said:

Pfft, no backflip. False advertising man.

This is how duders do:

this.

#21 Posted by big_jon (5727 posts) -

@AlexW00d said:

@big_jon said:

I have never stated I was a good player. Ever. That means nothing though. I die far more often from dudes at moderate range than imbeciles who run around and blind fire. Maybe that comes with playing on PC instead of console, but the point is, most dudes I see blind fire up close die really quickly. Also, the shitty K/D has more to do with stuff like this.

Looks fun.

#22 Posted by BF3Cayin (11 posts) -

<- Still confused it's not like 90% of my montage / when I play is hip firing, but I wouldn't do it unless I know the kill is gonna happen....not a battlefield / fps fanatic for nothing.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.