That was 60bucks wasted

• 120 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by AnimalFather (800 posts) -

what a awful campaign...i should have learned my lesson with MOH. and the MP i rather play Gears waaay more fun.

#2 Posted by Hamz (6846 posts) -

You could perhaps go into some details as to why you feel this way rather than just making a topic to let us know you didn't enjoy it. You'll often find that extra mile you go to make your topics discussion worthy will be received better by the community :)

#3 Posted by BaconGames (3423 posts) -

Regardless of actual quality I anticipate a lot of threads like this today.

#4 Edited by CandiBunni (465 posts) -

Okay. You didn't say why the campaign was awful or why you don't like the multiplayer, but oh well. I guess you could always get your money back by trading it into Gamestop.

For less than half of what you bought it for. > _ >
#5 Posted by Gabriel (4061 posts) -

Yeah they might as well have taken a dump and put it in a box.

#6 Posted by Krenor (469 posts) -

this is a troll post, OP probably doesn't even have the game

#7 Posted by NTM (7381 posts) -

I don't think he needs to go into detail as to why he doesn't like it. I can understand, because from everything I've seen so far, it doesn't look great at all.

#8 Posted by BlameGamer (80 posts) -

I'll demo it, and see if I like it. I'll buy it if it's OK.

#9 Posted by Funkydupe (3320 posts) -

@Tuffgong said:

Regardless of actual quality I anticipate a lot of threads like this today.

Yes... well, everyone is entitled to their opinion. Live and let live, man.

#10 Posted by AhmadMetallic (18955 posts) -

Oh hey.... 

It's AnimalFather. Creating a thread about how a new game is awful. With an post consisting of two lines.

#11 Edited by Sackmanjones (4705 posts) -

Please stop whining with no real explanation of why    who knew GB had a picture of crying baby? The things I love about this site
#12 Posted by thehexeditor (1404 posts) -

It's a sequel to Battlefield: Bad Company 2.

If you didn't like that game (and there were PLEEEENTY of people who didn't), this won't change anything.

#13 Posted by SuperWristBands (2266 posts) -

It's your fault for thinking the story was going to be worth while. It's Battlefield! Come'on!

#14 Posted by TekZero (2672 posts) -

From what I've seen, the game looks pretty good.

#15 Posted by Canteu (2821 posts) -

@AnimalFather: You do realise that this campaign is not made by the same people who made the MoH campaign?

#16 Posted by Jayross (2365 posts) -

I'm sorry, but did you read any of the reviews? The singleplayer is easily the weakest part of the game.

Also, after BC2, I would be very surprised if DICE could figure out how to make a good singleplayer campaign.

#17 Posted by mfpantst (2574 posts) -
@Gabriel said:

Yeah they might as well have taken a dump and put it in a box.

I'll buy that for a dollar.
#18 Posted by SlightConfuse (3963 posts) -

You bought it for the singleplayer, thats crazy. Even though im not going to get it, the multiplayer is the biggest draw here. its a tacked on single player experience

#19 Posted by BeachThunder (11942 posts) -
@SuperWristBands said:

It's your fault for thinking the story was going to be worth while. It's Battlefield! Come'on!

Wait, so it should just be expected that the story is shit? =/
#20 Posted by Funkydupe (3320 posts) -

@slightconfuse said:

You bought it for the singleplayer, thats crazy. Even though im not going to get it, the multiplayer is the biggest draw here. its a tacked on single player experience

Like in every Battlefield game before it. :)

#21 Posted by Kyreo (4600 posts) -

I was not impressed by the 360 beta and I was disappointed by the Quick Look. If a PC QL is released on the site and is WAY better in terms of graphics, then, and only then, will I consider Battlefield 3 a successful venture.

#22 Posted by imsh_pl (3295 posts) -

I am delighted to read your detailed and well-argumented opinion.

#23 Posted by Zimbo (875 posts) -

You sure convinced me with that argument. I don't really mind if the single player is kinda meh as long as the multiplayer is fun. (Which it seems to be)

#24 Posted by mosdl (3228 posts) -

@Kyreo said:

I was not impressed by the 360 beta and I was disappointed by the Quick Look. If a PC QL is released on the site and is WAY better in terms of graphics, then, and only then, will I consider Battlefield 3 a successful venture.

Then its the most successful venture ever made.

#25 Posted by Landon (4143 posts) -

Pretty much what I expected. People want COD to fail so badly they will overhype the exact same game with better graphics. It's like going to comic-con wearing a Spock costume and looking at someone wearing a Jedi costume and saying "what a fucking nerd".

#26 Posted by alternate (2707 posts) -

If you bough it just for the single player, you were wasting your money anyway.

#27 Posted by project343 (2827 posts) -

Wait. You spent $60 on a Battlefield game expecting a monumental singleplayer experience that you would forever remember? And expect a radical departure from the series' signature multiplayer experience? I'm sorry, but that was a fairly poor decision on your part. You shouldn't buy games based off commercials, hype, or review scores. Do, however, take those three things into consideration, then apply a little cold hard logic to the equation. And maybe the content of a few trusted reviewers' pieces.

#28 Posted by TheSouthernDandy (3872 posts) -

Not be rude but, buying a Battlefield game for the single player seems a little...I dunno...crazy?

#29 Posted by Aetheldod (3586 posts) -

@Landon said:

Pretty much what I expected. People want COD to fail so badly they will overhype the exact same game with better graphics. It's like going to comic-con wearing a Spock costume and looking at someone wearing a Jedi costume and saying "what a fucking nerd".

XD fucking nerds

#30 Posted by TooWalrus (13202 posts) -

Really surprised at the lack of "I can't believe I wasted $60 on YOUR MOM" responses. Well done, community!

That said, I can't believe I wasted $60 impregnating your mother. Seriously.

#31 Posted by LethalKi11ler (1407 posts) -

I am loving it, haven't touched Campaign yet but I'm fine with just MP.

#32 Posted by TekZero (2672 posts) -

It's ok to not like Battlefield 3. But you can always exchange it for Dark Souls.

#33 Posted by TJSmash (83 posts) -

Who buys Battlefield for the single player? I mean really...who does that?

#34 Posted by Zippedbinders (997 posts) -

@BeachThunder said:

@SuperWristBands said:

It is for a series thats been multiplayer only.

#35 Posted by artgarcrunkle (970 posts) -

@BeachThunder: Not because it should be shit, but because you should expect a major developer to half-ass a singleplayer campaign for an historically multiplayer focused game. Especially when the singleplayer only exists to coax a few more people into buying the game.

#36 Posted by themangalist (1735 posts) -

I like the game, but frankly I feel like the multiplayer maps are a *little little bit* disappointing.

I've played the beta enough not to want to play metro or caspian border again at least in a while, so that's 7 new maps for me. A lot of recycled buildings here and there (I'm looking at you Seine crossing). Not that I expect the devs to spend too much time making new walkways for tehran highway or the grand bazaar, but i just felt there could have been just one or two more maps to play on if they're just using the same architectures again. I have yet played on Kharg Island, but so far I like the urban maps way more and that's why I kind of wish there was a NYC map from the singleplayer.

I feel like half the maps are built in the bad company 2 mould, while the others vaguely battlefield (open areas) and battlefront (tight urban). I really wished they added mod support so the community can make more maps to play on. Anyways, I'm enjoying the game, maybe just not as much as i expected after playing the very well designed metro.

#37 Posted by kingzetta (4307 posts) -

well it's your fault for buying a online focused game for the offline

#38 Posted by NoCookiesForYou (760 posts) -

I know everyone's already said it, but no-one playes Battlefield games for the single player experience. Multiplayer is where it's at.

#39 Posted by Breadfan (6590 posts) -

I play Battlefield for the rich lore of the single player.

#40 Posted by GJSmitty (651 posts) -

@Kyreo: I haven't seen the xbox graphics, but just know that on the PC it looks incredible. Plus I've only played it on High, so Ultra is probably amazing

#41 Posted by AlisterCat (5568 posts) -

If I gauged the videogame industry from your posts, I would think that these big budge well produced games were completely unplayable regardless of taste or opinion, and that we lived in a creative wasteland where everything sucks so much no matter how many talented people spent years of their lives on something that didn't live up to your particular expectation.

#42 Posted by ZipCrash (175 posts) -

Regardless if OP was a troll or not I couldn't agree more. I'm so pissed. I was sold a Battlefield game, not a fucking Call of Duty game. The crap thing is I just pre-ordered MW3 when I picked up this because I knew I would play the MP with my friends. Now I feel like I bought the same game twice.

#43 Posted by ryanwho (12082 posts) -

When you do everything in your power to market something like Call of Duty people will treat it like Call of Duty.

#44 Posted by fodigga (123 posts) -

Your mistake was spending $60 on a first person shooter campaign, especially from a Battlefield game.

#45 Posted by The_Laughing_Man (13629 posts) -
@Hamz said:

You could perhaps go into some details as to why you feel this way rather than just making a topic to let us know you didn't enjoy it. You'll often find that extra mile you go to make your topics discussion worthy will be received better by the community :)

No he cant. He is being a troll. 
#46 Posted by ZipCrash (175 posts) -

@thebroken: Bad Company and Bad Company 2 had good campaigns. They weren't crazy scripted like a Call of Duty game. Battlefield 3 is.

#47 Posted by FilipHolm (667 posts) -

To buy a Battlefield game for the campain seems a little... strange...

#48 Posted by khopps17 (46 posts) -

@BeachThunder said:

@SuperWristBands said:

Honestly.... yea. Naturally people wish to spend their full price for a well rounded package, but as far as the Battlefield franchise is concerned it's been multiplayer first. With this outing they decided to attack from the campaign, co-op, and multiplayer fronts to try and round out the value; however it's clear the main drive here is still the multiplayer, just as it has been since BF1942. If you are, have ever, or will ever purchase a battlefield game based upon anything other than its multiplayer, you've lost. I'm not saying it's a great way to warrant you paying $60, nor am I saying I'm fond of them just tacking shit on because they felt the need. I am however saying that it's to be expected. Anything better than terrible in a BF campaign is a pleasant surprise.

#49 Edited by Matthew (1912 posts) -

@Kyreo said:

It is. I already put more hours than I should into the PC version, it's delicious. Just make sure you have a speaker set that can handle the loudness you'll want to crank up. I had to stop chuckling to myself while watching the quicklook because I was reminding myself of a PC elitist, but that place looked barren, and just plain ugly.

dat lens flare
#50 Posted by Hosstile17 (763 posts) -

I only play Battlefield for more lore to tie into my Battlefield/Medal of Honor fan-fiction.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.