The Official Giantbomb Battlefield 3 Thread (PS3)

  • 55 results
  • 1
  • 2
#1 Edited by awesomeusername (4167 posts) -

I'm sure you guys hate playing Battlefield 3 alone as much as I do so this is why this thread is going up. Make your squads here, tell or show us your crazy moments on the battlefield, and even schedule some times to squad up and bring down some buildings!

Follow our official Twitter! @BF3_PS3_duders

Created by Rolyatckinmai - From the BF3 PC thread

I'm hoping we can get some events going soon and build up a dedicated community to keep this thread going. So when you post a comment, please leave your PSN name and when your available whether it be a Monday night or a whole Saturday so I can put your Giantbomb username on the bracket below along with your PSN ID and the days your available so we can know when to start up some matches with who on said days/time of the day. If you don't want to add people permanently, just add them for that session and then delete them. We can always re-add people.

Giantbomb usernamePSN IDDays/Time available
awesomeusernameanti-altair16Weekdays/nights - Weekends
wmaustin55wmaustin55Weekends
VisariLoyalistJACKALofTHEnightWeekends
nohthinknohthinkAnytime after Feb. 12
KirillOrlovCarillWeeknights - Weekends
Devil240ZDevil240ZNights
Spoonman671hubli
jasonefmonkookamiwarriorWeeknights-Weekends
Solh0undSolh0und
MISTBORN99MISTBORN99
ikilledthedjikilledthedj

For this next table, I'll be posting some days we can hopefully squad up, whether it be a normal day or a holiday.

Event nameDate/Time
March 2, 2012-Friday6:30 p.m.

P.S. If anyone would like to contribute photoshopped pictures of any combination of Playstation 3, Battlefield 3, and/or Giantbomb, please send the pictures to me in my inbox and I'll give the credit.

#2 Edited by Devil240Z (3308 posts) -

I put in my app to join. I'm usually rolling with one or two of my buddies but any bombers are welcome to join us or if I am alone I'll squad up with y'all.

You guys have mics right?

Lets go get some Ace Squad ribbons guys!

Also I need to play some of those Squad VS Squad modes, I havent touched that stuff yet.

And, How do we squad up without being PSN friends?

#3 Posted by WMWA (1160 posts) -

I've been wanting one of these threads forever. Thank you! Now I'll finally have people who'll play as a team.

PSN: wmaustin55

#4 Edited by awesomeusername (4167 posts) -

@Devil240Z: I'm not a leader for the BF3 GB fan page on Battlelog so I can't accept any of that. Squading up on Battlelog only works for PC so if you want to play with people on PS3, you'll have to add them on PSN.

I have a Playstation Eye so yeah, I have a mic.

Also, if you don't want to add people on PSN permanently, then just add some GB duders temporarily just to play and then delete them so you won't have to fill up your friends list. If you'd want to though, reply with your PSN and what days and time your available so I can put it on the table above.

@wmaustin55 said:

I've been wanting one of these threads forever. Thank you! Now I'll finally have people who'll play as a team. PSN: wmaustin55

No problem man! I thought I might as well make an official thread for us PS3 soldiers as I hate playing alone also. Can you also leave the time and days your available so I can put it on the table above?

#5 Posted by VisariLoyalist (2991 posts) -

JACKALofTHEnight

available on fridays, saturdays and sundays possibly anytime of day pacific standard time.

No mic sorry

Most impressive shot I've personally made: headshot on some guy on top of the T.V. station from the ground.

Most insane moment: shooting a helicopter flying low with my pistol to finish it off

Weird bug in game that I take advantage of often: running in front of vehicles to let them push me way faster than I could ever run myself

Things I do not understand: how anyone gets kills with flying vehicles

Guns I rage at when people use: Any gun that shoots frag rounds especially the later unlocked ones because they make small maps stupid.

#6 Posted by Devil240Z (3308 posts) -

@awesomeusername: I don't mind adding people I just thought the battlelog site was niftier than it actually is. Plus I'm lazy.

#7 Edited by awesomeusername (4167 posts) -

@VisariLoyalist: Thanks for the info! I already added it in the table. Not everyone needs a mic to play so it doesn't matter.

@Devil240Z: Alright, I was hoping it'd be better also but so far, all I know is it sends all your stats to your page. Are you going to leave your PSN and available days?

#8 Edited by AhmadMetallic (18955 posts) -

I thought there was already a squad and battlelog platoon for the GB PS3 duders, did that die out or something? Here's the thread:  http://www.giantbomb.com/battlefield-3/61-27006/official-ps3-platoon/35-521683/#16 
 Anyway, rock on! Feel free to use any of the photoshopped GB BF3 banners from my BF3 thread, but make sure to give credit to those who made em! There are also tons of sexy BF3 wallpaper that I uploaded to the wiki, you can use them for banners. 
 
Edit: Oh you already replied to the original PS3 thread, cool. 
 
My advice to you: Make sure to schedule an event on a time and day that is comfortable for most people, however don't give people too much room to vote on times or whatnot because then you'll never be able to get something going. You gotta force a gamenight or two on steady days and times. And don't give up if some of your events fail. Keep at it and be consistent.

#9 Edited by awesomeusername (4167 posts) -

@AhmadMetallic: I already went into that thread, but yeah, it's pretty much dead. That's why I started this one with the fancy name and some people don't want to make a Battlelog account so this is for everyone playing BF3 on PS3.

Thanks and if I do use any pictures, I will give the credit as I stated in my OP.

I will be sure to keep this thread updated and events coming in. That's why I'm asking people for what time/days they're available so we can keep this thread alive and have future game sessions. I also really have nothing to do until I start college in September so that's a reason I started this thread.

#10 Posted by VisariLoyalist (2991 posts) -

@awesomeusername: I can attest to not wanting to mess with battlelog stuff.

#11 Posted by awesomeusername (4167 posts) -

@VisariLoyalist said:

@awesomeusername: I can attest to not wanting to mess with battlelog stuff.

It's alright to me. I like that I can see everything I'm going to unlock next with my guns and all my stats but it's not that great. I've used it twice now. That's about it.

#12 Posted by nohthink (1223 posts) -

PSN: nohthink

Probably anyway after 12th

#13 Posted by awesomeusername (4167 posts) -

@nohthink: Thanks for the info, you've been added to our table of users.

#14 Posted by KirillOrlov (219 posts) -

Psn: Carill Usually weeknight and weekends... Recently less so on both though dude to band and life....

#15 Posted by WMWA (1160 posts) -
@awesomeusername Weekends for sure. Then sporadic nights during the week. Just depends on work, school etc..
#16 Posted by awesomeusername (4167 posts) -

@KirillOrlov: You've been added, thanks. Also, BF3 is part of life. Therefore, make time!

@wmaustin55: Thanks man. Your playtime will be added.

#17 Posted by KirillOrlov (219 posts) -

@awesomeusername: Oh life what a funny and HORRIBLE HORRIBLE thing....

#18 Posted by awesomeusername (4167 posts) -

@KirillOrlov: It's only horrible when you don't have a coordinated team on BF3. :P

#19 Posted by KirillOrlov (219 posts) -

@awesomeusername: oh boy that's true, with 13+ hours played I have yet to play with a REAL team.

#20 Posted by awesomeusername (4167 posts) -

@KirillOrlov said:

@awesomeusername: oh boy that's true, with 13+ hours played I have yet to play with a REAL team.

I have 14+ hours and the longest I played in a squad was probably 10 seconds. All other time was literally by myself.

#21 Posted by WMWA (1160 posts) -
@VisariLoyalist and me just got done playing. We actually did decent. Our team was just awful haha
#22 Posted by VisariLoyalist (2991 posts) -

@wmaustin55 said:

@VisariLoyalist and me just got done playing. We actually did decent. Our team was just awful haha

yeah a lot of the time you were on the other team though 'doh.

#23 Posted by awesomeusername (4167 posts) -

@VisariLoyalist said:

@wmaustin55 said:

@VisariLoyalist and me just got done playing. We actually did decent. Our team was just awful haha

yeah a lot of the time you were on the other team though 'doh.

They still haven't fixed that? Wow, I would've joined in but I'm watching the Super Bowl. Go Giants!

Will you guys be on sometime later tonight? I'm hoping to play for a bit after the Super Bowl.

#24 Posted by WMWA (1160 posts) -
@VisariLoyalist

@wmaustin55 said:

@VisariLoyalist and me just got done playing. We actually did decent. Our team was just awful haha

yeah a lot of the time you were on the other team though 'doh.

Getting annihilated. Haha
#25 Posted by VisariLoyalist (2991 posts) -

@awesomeusername: um sure I'm going to do school work for some number of hours but then I will be on again so we shall see i suppose I did send you a friend request though so there's that

#26 Posted by WMWA (1160 posts) -
@awesomeusername

@VisariLoyalist said:

@wmaustin55 said:

@VisariLoyalist and me just got done playing. We actually did decent. Our team was just awful haha

yeah a lot of the time you were on the other team though 'doh.

They still haven't fixed that? Wow, I would've joined in but I'm watching the Super Bowl. Go Giants!

Will you guys be on sometime later tonight? I'm hoping to play for a bit after the Super Bowl.

Yeah, I'll be on a bit later. Going running and then I've got some studying for an exam but I'll definitely be on
#27 Posted by awesomeusername (4167 posts) -

@wmaustin55 said:

@awesomeusername

@VisariLoyalist said:

@wmaustin55 said:

@VisariLoyalist and me just got done playing. We actually did decent. Our team was just awful haha

yeah a lot of the time you were on the other team though 'doh.

They still haven't fixed that? Wow, I would've joined in but I'm watching the Super Bowl. Go Giants!

Will you guys be on sometime later tonight? I'm hoping to play for a bit after the Super Bowl.

Yeah, I'll be on a bit later. Going running and then I've got some studying for an exam but I'll definitely be on

Alright, this game still has about another 90 minutes so I'll add you guys when I get online.

#28 Posted by awesomeusername (4167 posts) -

@VisariLoyalist: @wmaustin55: We got demolished last night. :/ On the other hand, austins tags are mine!

#29 Posted by Spoonman671 (4587 posts) -

I don't really care for playing with other people, but what the hell, sign me up anyway.
 
PSN: hubli

#30 Posted by WMWA (1160 posts) -
@awesomeusername We got ace squad when we played at least. I just kept getting booted to the other team. =|

On the plus side, just signed in and the ps3 patch that fixes that issue is now live! Whooo
#31 Edited by awesomeusername (4167 posts) -

@wmaustin55 said:

@awesomeusername We got ace squad when we played at least. I just kept getting booted to the other team. =| On the plus side, just signed in and the ps3 patch that fixes that issue is now live! Whooo

True that. I don't understand though. 3 people getting ace squads and we're being demolished by USAS/DAO frag rounds and base campers. The other team should've felt like idiots.

I wonder what else is in the new patch? I hope the flashlights are fixed and RPG's/SMAW rockets do more damage on soldiers. You literally have to hit people with rockets for them to die. Otherwise, if the rocket hits the ground right next to their foot, it does barely any damage which is unbelievable.

It says the latest update only fixes voice chat issues.

#32 Posted by awesomeusername (4167 posts) -

@Spoonman671: Well start caring because we're looking for soldiers who work together! Not pansies!

Anyways, you're added. Any specific times your available to play?

#33 Posted by jasonefmonk (350 posts) -

Hey add me for any random game opportunities. I have a mic and will fly those stupid transpo helicopters for free. ookamiwarrior on PSN.

#34 Posted by WMWA (1160 posts) -

So last night was the first time I was exposed to just how obnoxious those USAS blast rounds are in Metro. It makes the round not even fun. Screw those things

#35 Edited by awesomeusername (4167 posts) -

@jasonefmonk said:

will fly those stupid transpo helicopters for free.

Well, my soldiers do everything for free.What day/times are you free?

@wmaustin55 said:

So last night was the first time I was exposed to just how obnoxious those USAS blast rounds are in Metro. It makes the round not even fun. Screw those things

It's all shotguns. They're fucking annoying.

When I got on again, I played rush for like 2 hours and my team and I were owning. We would demolish the other team in like 7-8 minutes and they wouldn't even pass our first set of M-Coms. I'm only playing rush because I need the M-Com defend ribbon which is annoying! I also got 6 knife kills in a row which was awesome! Also, I got MVP 3 yesterday when I was in 4th place! Weird.

#36 Posted by KirillOrlov (219 posts) -

If any one is in the mood to play I'm going to jump on for a few hours, I do have a mic. PSN: Carill In case you're lazy and don't want to look above.

#37 Posted by awesomeusername (4167 posts) -

@KirillOrlov said:

If any one is in the mood to play I'm going to jump on for a few hours, I do have a mic. PSN: Carill In case you're lazy and don't want to look above.

I would've played but my friend was playing SvR. I accepted you though.

@KirillOrlov: @wmaustin55: @jasonefmonk: @Spoonman671: @VisariLoyalist: I won't be on until Tuesday which is one of our events which is on Valentines day so would any of you like to spread some love onto the battlefield that day?

#38 Posted by Solh0und (1763 posts) -

Throw my hat into the ring!

PSN: Solh0und

Sadly though, I won't be on tuesday since I have........evening plans.

#39 Edited by awesomeusername (4167 posts) -

@Solh0und: No problem dude. Evening plans>over games anyway. Sadly, I won't be getting V-day physicality due to..... issues. Haha... ha. :'(

#40 Posted by WMWA (1160 posts) -
@awesomeusername

@KirillOrlov said:

If any one is in the mood to play I'm going to jump on for a few hours, I do have a mic. PSN: Carill In case you're lazy and don't want to look above.

I would've played but my friend was playing SvR. I accepted you though.

@KirillOrlov: @wmaustin55: @jasonefmonk: @Spoonman671: @VisariLoyalist: I won't be on until Tuesday which is one of our events which is on Valentines day so would any of you like to spread some love onto the battlefield that day?

@awesomeusername I'm down. This is the first Valentines day in like 7 years that I've been single, so yeah, it'll be a nice change of pace to just play videogames instead of spending money. What time? I've got class and work until 4:30 eastern time.
#41 Posted by jasonefmonk (350 posts) -

@wmaustin55 said:

@awesomeusername

@KirillOrlov said:

If any one is in the mood to play I'm going to jump on for a few hours, I do have a mic. PSN: Carill In case you're lazy and don't want to look above.

I would've played but my friend was playing SvR. I accepted you though.

@KirillOrlov: @wmaustin55: @jasonefmonk: @Spoonman671: @VisariLoyalist: I won't be on until Tuesday which is one of our events which is on Valentines day so would any of you like to spread some love onto the battlefield that day?

@awesomeusername I'm down. This is the first Valentines day in like 7 years that I've been single, so yeah, it'll be a nice change of pace to just play videogames instead of spending money. What time? I've got class and work until 4:30 eastern time.

Me as well, just got done adding the thread. Some pretty serious Trophy ranks haha, namely

As for regular hours? Evenings and weekends, but really whenever.

#42 Posted by awesomeusername (4167 posts) -

@jasonefmonk said:

Me as well, just got done adding the thread. Some pretty serious Trophy ranks haha, namely

As for regular hours? Evenings and weekends, but really whenever.

I love collecting me some platinum trophy's. I'd like to platinum Mass Effect 2 next but I'm going to have to wait awhile for that. Also Battlefield 3 and Killzone 3 but those will take a while.

#43 Posted by awesomeusername (4167 posts) -

@Spoonman671: You going to join our event thingy?

#44 Posted by VisariLoyalist (2991 posts) -

@jasonefmonk: @jasonefmonk said:

@wmaustin55 said:

@awesomeusername

@KirillOrlov said:

If any one is in the mood to play I'm going to jump on for a few hours, I do have a mic. PSN: Carill In case you're lazy and don't want to look above.

I would've played but my friend was playing SvR. I accepted you though.

@KirillOrlov: @wmaustin55: @jasonefmonk: @Spoonman671: @VisariLoyalist: I won't be on until Tuesday which is one of our events which is on Valentines day so would any of you like to spread some love onto the battlefield that day?

@awesomeusername I'm down. This is the first Valentines day in like 7 years that I've been single, so yeah, it'll be a nice change of pace to just play videogames instead of spending money. What time? I've got class and work until 4:30 eastern time.

Me as well, just got done adding the thread. Some pretty serious Trophy ranks haha, namely

As for regular hours? Evenings and weekends, but really whenever.

I'll be on in like an hour or two guys gotta eat me some things

#45 Posted by awesomeusername (4167 posts) -

@VisariLoyalist: No problem man. I hope people are on.

#46 Posted by WMWA (1160 posts) -

Went and bought a headset today. I still sort of hate my dog for chewing my last one up the day after buying it, but whatever. I FINALLY don't have to send fuckimg messages to you guys. \O/

#47 Posted by ikilledthedj (279 posts) -

PSN ikilledthedj Always playing with a few buddies with tight team work feel free to add me Keep in mind I'm in Australia

#48 Edited by jasonefmonk (350 posts) -

Had fun playing on the 14th with you guys, feel free to join up if I'm online.

Lately I've been focused on unlocking Air Vehicle equipment, but it's put a bullet in my score-per-minute. I could use some team-focused games.

#49 Posted by awesomeusername (4167 posts) -

@jasonefmonk: That was forever ago! But it was fun. I haven't really been on lately since Killzone 3 and inFAMOUS 2 came into my life and my obsession with trophies made me platinum KZ3 and I just finished 1 playthrough of inFAMOUS 2. I need another playthrough but I'll be doing that another time. Maybe we can all get together again sometime this week. I'll probably post up a date by Tuesday.

#50 Posted by Solh0und (1763 posts) -

Since the "Big-ass" patch is out, any chance of us renting a server for a night? It's 1.49 for a day

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.