TNT is BF3 tonight! Anybody want to have a community TNT? (360)

#1 Edited by financingisfree (37 posts) -

EDIT: The community TNT STARTS NOW. RIGHT NOW. join the Giant BombSquad server to get in! and bring your microphone. USE TEAM CHAT.

Hey people,

Since the GiantBomb Crew is playing BF3 tonight for the TNT, I thought it might be a good chance to get people together to play on 360 (for those of us without the beefy PC necessary to play with them).

Anyone want to join in on some community battles directly after the TNT (to give everyone a chance to watch if they want)? We have our Giant BombSquad server now, we should put it to use!

#2 Posted by Kidavenger (3569 posts) -

Why BF3?

I was expecting something epic from the I love Mondays video.

Nothing against BF3, just shooters in general are so boring to watch.

#3 Posted by AhmadMetallic (18955 posts) -
@Kidavenger said:

Nothing against BF3, just shooters in general are so boring to watch.

Yes, if you were watching a MW3 TNT, they'd be running around and shooting dudes. If you were watching an Uncharted 3 TNT, they'd be running around shooting dudes. Same with Gears of War 3. And Mass Effect 3. And Counter Strike. 
Each of them has great game modes with different little objectives, but they all consist of running forward in a closed off map, shooting dudes. 
 
When you're watching a Battlefield 3 TNT, they don't just run around the same few rooms or couple of yards, shooting dudes. There's a massive sandbox with a variety of land, sea and air vehicles, big conquest mode where you run with squads healing/supplying each other as you raid enemy flags using the aforementioned vehicles as well as various gadgets, planting C4 on enemy tanks, sniping jeep drivers out of their seats, flying fast jets dogfighting other jets, riding in the turret seat of a big 6-man black hawk, and watching the buildings get razed to the ground around you. 
 
Sounds like entertaining viewing material to me. Did you see Norm shoot Xyber's jet down with a pistol? Yeah, BF3 is not the typical 'shooter.' 
 
However, tonight's TNT will be of the COD-wannabe map pack, which is why I agree it's going to be boring. Until (hopefully) Ryan gives me the go-ahead to switch to Back to Karkand maps.
#4 Posted by EquitasInvictus (2030 posts) -

@AhmadMetallic: So tonight is definitely Close Quarters?

#5 Posted by Deusx (1905 posts) -

@AhmadMetallic: Counter Strike is not about shooting dudes. Counter Strike is about getting pissed because someone shoot you and you weren´t fast enough to do so first.

#6 Posted by Boboblaw (298 posts) -

Really? A third Battlefield 3 TNT?
 
Oh so disappointing.

#7 Posted by projectino (28 posts) -

@AhmadMetallic said:

@Kidavenger said:

Nothing against BF3, just shooters in general are so boring to watch.

There's a massive sandbox with a variety of land, sea and air vehicles, big conquest mode where you run with squads healing/supplying each other as you raid enemy flags using the aforementioned vehicles as well as various gadgets, planting C4 on enemy tanks, sniping jeep drivers out of their seats, flying fast jets dogfighting other jets, riding in the turret seat of a big 6-man black hawk, and watching the buildings get razed to the ground around you. Sounds like entertaining viewing material to me.

Yea.... none of that stuff ever happens when the GB crew play the game. It's more of them dying on repeat while making interesting random talk.

#8 Posted by AhmadMetallic (18955 posts) -
@EquitasInvictus said:

@AhmadMetallic: So tonight is definitely Close Quarters?

Yes, but I'm pretty sure they'll get tired of the repetitive, non-vehicle close quarters chaos and hopefully they'll request B2K maps at some point. 
 
@projectino said:

@AhmadMetallic said:

@Kidavenger said:

Nothing against BF3, just shooters in general are so boring to watch.

There's a massive sandbox with a variety of land, sea and air vehicles, big conquest mode where you run with squads healing/supplying each other as you raid enemy flags using the aforementioned vehicles as well as various gadgets, planting C4 on enemy tanks, sniping jeep drivers out of their seats, flying fast jets dogfighting other jets, riding in the turret seat of a big 6-man black hawk, and watching the buildings get razed to the ground around you. Sounds like entertaining viewing material to me.

Yea.... none of that stuff ever happens when the GB crew play the game. It's more of them dying on repeat while making interesting random talk.

It did when Mike Horn played during the first TNT, and he's playing tonight. Guy knows his Battlefield.
#9 Posted by financingisfree (37 posts) -

so... about that 360 gamenight someone was talking about earlier...

#10 Posted by CaptainObvious (2998 posts) -

I'm secretly hoping that Jeff hijacks tonight's show to play Trackmania 2.

#11 Posted by Vinny_Says (5712 posts) -

Yo some dude rented a server on Xbox called giantbomb or some shit.....are you that guy?

#12 Posted by pweidman (2339 posts) -

@CaptainObvious said:

I'm secretly hoping that Jeff hijacks tonight's show to play Trackmania 2.

Really? Haven't we seen enough of that game yet?

And tonight's TNT will be all about exposing Close Quarters, Dice, and BF3 as having given in to CoD game design....just guessing.

#13 Posted by FoolishChaos (438 posts) -

@pweidman said:

@CaptainObvious said:

I'm secretly hoping that Jeff hijacks tonight's show to play Trackmania 2.

Really? Haven't we seen enough of that game yet?

And tonight's TNT will be all about exposing Close Quarters, Dice, and BF3 as having given in to CoD game design....just guessing.

For me at least, Close Quarters feels like I am playing the best Call of Duty game to date. I know people love to have these video games rivalries, but its okay for one fun game to be like another fun game guys

Does GB have a community server on the PC?

#14 Posted by OneKillWonder_ (1755 posts) -

Yeah, I was kind of expecting something bigger for tonight, but I've been on a BF3 kick lately so I'm not too disappointed. Plus I haven't seen the Close Quarters maps at all yet, so at least I'll get a peek at those.

#15 Posted by Doctorchimp (4076 posts) -

@Kidavenger said:

Why BF3?

I was expecting something epic from the I love Mondays video.

A) They got a bunch of special guests, like the Tested crew and Mike Horn.

-or-

B) That thing Jeff was hinting at in the video actually didn't happen which is why he didn't say anything, and BF3 was the back-up plan.

#16 Posted by Hizang (8532 posts) -

I don't mean to be a bummer but I am also disappointed, the way Jeff was so mysterious about it I was to believe it would be something crazy like one similar to the Tony Hawk PS2 one. But I to be honest its been a while since they did a good FPS TNT so I'm all for it.

#17 Posted by Bobstar (312 posts) -

I really hope it isn't just Ryan and Patrick talking while some other guy is playing, Patrick is so boring.

#18 Posted by DGBruin08 (91 posts) -

@financingisfree: What time are you planning this community TNT?

#19 Posted by morrelloman (608 posts) -

Dammit! I sold my copy back. This would have been worth it to keep. FART ON ME.

#20 Edited by financingisfree (37 posts) -

@Vinny_Says said:

Yo some dude rented a server on Xbox called giantbomb or some shit.....are you that guy?

I am that guy, yep. The server is called Giant BombSquad. you will notice that it has the same logo as the PC community server which i blantantly stole from their forum post (sorry guys. great work though!).@DGBruin08 said:

@financingisfree: What time are you planning this community TNT?

Directly after the TNT tonight. the TNT starts at 6ish and I will be on and playing/managing the server while watching. I know some people don't like to multitask/don't have the CQ maps expansion, so I will switch it back to more traditional stuff directly after. I am still considering whether to password protect the server (and post the password on my OP above right before the gamenight starts). What do you think, password or no?

#21 Posted by AlexW00d (6280 posts) -

@FoolishChaos said:

@pweidman said:

@CaptainObvious said:

I'm secretly hoping that Jeff hijacks tonight's show to play Trackmania 2.

Really? Haven't we seen enough of that game yet?

And tonight's TNT will be all about exposing Close Quarters, Dice, and BF3 as having given in to CoD game design....just guessing.

For me at least, Close Quarters feels like I am playing the best Call of Duty game to date. I know people love to have these video games rivalries, but its okay for one fun game to be like another fun game guys

Does GB have a community server on the PC?

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/servers/show/009489c6-7c0f-4180-947d-a6972b3a541c/Giant-Bomb-TNT-Close-Quarters-B2K/

That we do good sir. That we do.

#22 Posted by financingisfree (37 posts) -

@AlexW00d said:

@FoolishChaos said:

@pweidman said:

@CaptainObvious said:

I'm secretly hoping that Jeff hijacks tonight's show to play Trackmania 2.

Really? Haven't we seen enough of that game yet?

And tonight's TNT will be all about exposing Close Quarters, Dice, and BF3 as having given in to CoD game design....just guessing.

For me at least, Close Quarters feels like I am playing the best Call of Duty game to date. I know people love to have these video games rivalries, but its okay for one fun game to be like another fun game guys

Does GB have a community server on the PC?

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/servers/show/009489c6-7c0f-4180-947d-a6972b3a541c/Giant-Bomb-TNT-Close-Quarters-B2K/

That we do good sir. That we do.

The PC BF3 community is hoppin. if i had a PC that could run the game satisfactorily, i would be playing there. But i don't so i decided to make my own party, since there wasn't another one.

#23 Posted by Irvandus (2880 posts) -

@financingisfree: I'll jump in. Also I don't think we'll need a password, but one wouldn't hurt, put it up in this thread if you do.

#24 Posted by AhmadMetallic (18955 posts) -
@financingisfree said:

The server is called Giant BombSquad. you will notice that it has the same logo as the PC community server which i blantantly stole from their forum post (sorry guys. great work though!)

You thief :3 Which logo are we talking about? 

@financingisfree: What time are you planning this community TNT?

Directly after the TNT tonight.

Why after? Start your Xbox TNT the same time the PC one starts. PC players will play on PC and Xbox on Xbox. 
  

@FoolishChaos said:

Does GB have a community server on the PC?

All the details you need:  http://www.giantbomb.com/battlefield-3/61-27006/the-giantbomb-battlefield-3-thread-pc/35-516404/#581
#25 Posted by financingisfree (37 posts) -

@AhmadMetallic: I will be on during PC TNT, but some people don't want to watch and play at the same time. but in general, i agree with you. i will update my OP with this info in a minute here before i leave work.

#26 Posted by financingisfree (37 posts) -

@AhmadMetallic said:

@financingisfree said:

The server is called Giant BombSquad. you will notice that it has the same logo as the PC community server which i blantantly stole from their forum post (sorry guys. great work though!)

You thief :3 Which logo are we talking about?

@financingisfree: What time are you planning this community TNT?

Directly after the TNT tonight.

Why after? Start your Xbox TNT the same time the PC one starts. PC players will play on PC and Xbox on Xbox.


@FoolishChaos said:

Does GB have a community server on the PC?

All the details you need: http://www.giantbomb.com/battlefield-3/61-27006/the-giantbomb-battlefield-3-thread-pc/35-516404/#581

this guy:

#27 Posted by Vinny_Says (5712 posts) -

@financingisfree said:

@AhmadMetallic said:

@financingisfree said:

The server is called Giant BombSquad. you will notice that it has the same logo as the PC community server which i blantantly stole from their forum post (sorry guys. great work though!)

You thief :3 Which logo are we talking about?

@financingisfree: What time are you planning this community TNT?

Directly after the TNT tonight.

Why after? Start your Xbox TNT the same time the PC one starts. PC players will play on PC and Xbox on Xbox.


@FoolishChaos said:

Does GB have a community server on the PC?

All the details you need: http://www.giantbomb.com/battlefield-3/61-27006/the-giantbomb-battlefield-3-thread-pc/35-516404/#581

this guy:

Doesn't streaming stuff on the internet affect your connection if you're playing online at the same time? At least it does for me....

#28 Posted by financingisfree (37 posts) -

@Vinny_Says: my connection tends to be good enough that i can do both most of the time. i am paying for it, though.

its like pulling teeth to get people to use voice chat on XBL these days

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.