Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Battlefield 3

Game » consists of 15 releases. Released Oct 25, 2011

Battlefield 3 is DICE's third numerical installment in the Battlefield franchise. It features a single player and co-operative campaign, as well as an extensive multiplayer component.

TNT is BF3 tonight! Anybody want to have a community TNT? (360)

Avatar image for financingisfree
    financingisfree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By financingisfree

EDIT: The community TNT STARTS NOW. RIGHT NOW. join the Giant BombSquad server to get in! and bring your microphone. USE TEAM CHAT.

Hey people,

Since the GiantBomb Crew is playing BF3 tonight for the TNT, I thought it might be a good chance to get people together to play on 360 (for those of us without the beefy PC necessary to play with them).

Anyone want to join in on some community battles directly after the TNT (to give everyone a chance to watch if they want)? We have our Giant BombSquad server now, we should put it to use!

Kidavenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 90

User Lists: 33

#2  Edited By Kidavenger

Why BF3?

I was expecting something epic from the I love Mondays video.

Nothing against BF3, just shooters in general are so boring to watch.

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#3  Edited By AhmadMetallic
    @Kidavenger said:

Yes, if you were watching a MW3 TNT, they'd be running around and shooting dudes. If you were watching an Uncharted 3 TNT, they'd be running around shooting dudes. Same with Gears of War 3. And Mass Effect 3. And Counter Strike. 
    Each of them has great game modes with different little objectives, but they all consist of running forward in a closed off map, shooting dudes. 

When you're watching a Battlefield 3 TNT, they don't just run around the same few rooms or couple of yards, shooting dudes. There's a massive sandbox with a variety of land, sea and air vehicles, big conquest mode where you run with squads healing/supplying each other as you raid enemy flags using the aforementioned vehicles as well as various gadgets, planting C4 on enemy tanks, sniping jeep drivers out of their seats, flying fast jets dogfighting other jets, riding in the turret seat of a big 6-man black hawk, and watching the buildings get razed to the ground around you. 

Sounds like entertaining viewing material to me. Did you see Norm shoot Xyber's jet down with a pistol? Yeah, BF3 is not the typical 'shooter.' 

However, tonight's TNT will be of the COD-wannabe map pack, which is why I agree it's going to be boring. Until (hopefully) Ryan gives me the go-ahead to switch to Back to Karkand maps.
    Avatar image for equitasinvictus
    EquitasInvictus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By EquitasInvictus

@AhmadMetallic: So tonight is definitely Close Quarters?

Deusx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By Deusx

@AhmadMetallic: Counter Strike is not about shooting dudes. Counter Strike is about getting pissed because someone shoot you and you weren´t fast enough to do so first.

boboblaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By boboblaw

Really? A third Battlefield 3 TNT?

Oh so disappointing.

projectino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By projectino

@AhmadMetallic said:

@Kidavenger said:

There's a massive sandbox with a variety of land, sea and air vehicles, big conquest mode where you run with squads healing/supplying each other as you raid enemy flags using the aforementioned vehicles as well as various gadgets, planting C4 on enemy tanks, sniping jeep drivers out of their seats, flying fast jets dogfighting other jets, riding in the turret seat of a big 6-man black hawk, and watching the buildings get razed to the ground around you. Sounds like entertaining viewing material to me.

Yea.... none of that stuff ever happens when the GB crew play the game. It's more of them dying on repeat while making interesting random talk.

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By AhmadMetallic
    @EquitasInvictus said:

@AhmadMetallic: So tonight is definitely Close Quarters?

Yes, but I'm pretty sure they'll get tired of the repetitive, non-vehicle close quarters chaos and hopefully they'll request B2K maps at some point. 

@projectino said:

@AhmadMetallic said:

@Kidavenger said:

There's a massive sandbox with a variety of land, sea and air vehicles, big conquest mode where you run with squads healing/supplying each other as you raid enemy flags using the aforementioned vehicles as well as various gadgets, planting C4 on enemy tanks, sniping jeep drivers out of their seats, flying fast jets dogfighting other jets, riding in the turret seat of a big 6-man black hawk, and watching the buildings get razed to the ground around you. Sounds like entertaining viewing material to me.

Yea.... none of that stuff ever happens when the GB crew play the game. It's more of them dying on repeat while making interesting random talk.

It did when Mike Horn played during the first TNT, and he's playing tonight. Guy knows his Battlefield.
    financingisfree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By financingisfree

so... about that 360 gamenight someone was talking about earlier...

CaptainObvious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By CaptainObvious

I'm secretly hoping that Jeff hijacks tonight's show to play Trackmania 2.

Vinny_Says

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#11  Edited By Vinny_Says

Yo some dude rented a server on Xbox called giantbomb or some shit.....are you that guy?

pweidman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#12  Edited By pweidman

@CaptainObvious said:

Really? Haven't we seen enough of that game yet?

And tonight's TNT will be all about exposing Close Quarters, Dice, and BF3 as having given in to CoD game design....just guessing.

FoolishChaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By FoolishChaos

@pweidman said:

@CaptainObvious said:

And tonight's TNT will be all about exposing Close Quarters, Dice, and BF3 as having given in to CoD game design....just guessing.

For me at least, Close Quarters feels like I am playing the best Call of Duty game to date. I know people love to have these video games rivalries, but its okay for one fun game to be like another fun game guys

Does GB have a community server on the PC?

KillEm_Dafoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 6

#14  Edited By KillEm_Dafoe

Yeah, I was kind of expecting something bigger for tonight, but I've been on a BF3 kick lately so I'm not too disappointed. Plus I haven't seen the Close Quarters maps at all yet, so at least I'll get a peek at those.

Doctorchimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Doctorchimp

@Kidavenger said:

Why BF3?

I was expecting something epic from the I love Mondays video.

A) They got a bunch of special guests, like the Tested crew and Mike Horn.

-or-

B) That thing Jeff was hinting at in the video actually didn't happen which is why he didn't say anything, and BF3 was the back-up plan.

Hizang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 15

#16  Edited By Hizang

I don't mean to be a bummer but I am also disappointed, the way Jeff was so mysterious about it I was to believe it would be something crazy like one similar to the Tony Hawk PS2 one. But I to be honest its been a while since they did a good FPS TNT so I'm all for it.

Bobstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Bobstar

I really hope it isn't just Ryan and Patrick talking while some other guy is playing, Patrick is so boring.

DGBruin08

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By DGBruin08

@financingisfree: What time are you planning this community TNT?

morrelloman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#19  Edited By morrelloman

Dammit! I sold my copy back. This would have been worth it to keep. FART ON ME.

financingisfree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By financingisfree

@Vinny_Says said:

Yo some dude rented a server on Xbox called giantbomb or some shit.....are you that guy?

I am that guy, yep. The server is called Giant BombSquad. you will notice that it has the same logo as the PC community server which i blantantly stole from their forum post (sorry guys. great work though!).@DGBruin08 said:

Directly after the TNT tonight. the TNT starts at 6ish and I will be on and playing/managing the server while watching. I know some people don't like to multitask/don't have the CQ maps expansion, so I will switch it back to more traditional stuff directly after. I am still considering whether to password protect the server (and post the password on my OP above right before the gamenight starts). What do you think, password or no?

AlexW00d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#21  Edited By AlexW00d

@FoolishChaos said:

@pweidman said:

@CaptainObvious said:

For me at least, Close Quarters feels like I am playing the best Call of Duty game to date. I know people love to have these video games rivalries, but its okay for one fun game to be like another fun game guys

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/servers/show/009489c6-7c0f-4180-947d-a6972b3a541c/Giant-Bomb-TNT-Close-Quarters-B2K/

That we do good sir. That we do.

financingisfree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By financingisfree

@AlexW00d said:

@FoolishChaos said:

@pweidman said:

@CaptainObvious said:

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/servers/show/009489c6-7c0f-4180-947d-a6972b3a541c/Giant-Bomb-TNT-Close-Quarters-B2K/

That we do good sir. That we do.

The PC BF3 community is hoppin. if i had a PC that could run the game satisfactorily, i would be playing there. But i don't so i decided to make my own party, since there wasn't another one.

Avatar image for deactivated-5cc8838532af0
    deactivated-5cc8838532af0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

@financingisfree: I'll jump in. Also I don't think we'll need a password, but one wouldn't hurt, put it up in this thread if you do.

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By AhmadMetallic
    @financingisfree said:

The server is called Giant BombSquad. you will notice that it has the same logo as the PC community server which i blantantly stole from their forum post (sorry guys. great work though!)

You thief :3 Which logo are we talking about? 

Directly after the TNT tonight.

Why after? Start your Xbox TNT the same time the PC one starts. PC players will play on PC and Xbox on Xbox. 

@FoolishChaos said:

All the details you need:  http://www.giantbomb.com/battlefield-3/61-27006/the-giantbomb-battlefield-3-thread-pc/35-516404/#581
    financingisfree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By financingisfree

@AhmadMetallic: I will be on during PC TNT, but some people don't want to watch and play at the same time. but in general, i agree with you. i will update my OP with this info in a minute here before i leave work.

financingisfree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By financingisfree

@AhmadMetallic said:

@financingisfree said:

The server is called Giant BombSquad. you will notice that it has the same logo as the PC community server which i blantantly stole from their forum post (sorry guys. great work though!)

Why after? Start your Xbox TNT the same time the PC one starts. PC players will play on PC and Xbox on Xbox.

@FoolishChaos said:

All the details you need: http://www.giantbomb.com/battlefield-3/61-27006/the-giantbomb-battlefield-3-thread-pc/35-516404/#581

this guy:

No Caption Provided
    Vinny_Says

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#27  Edited By Vinny_Says

@financingisfree said:

@AhmadMetallic said:

@financingisfree said:

@FoolishChaos said:

All the details you need: http://www.giantbomb.com/battlefield-3/61-27006/the-giantbomb-battlefield-3-thread-pc/35-516404/#581

this guy:

No Caption Provided

Doesn't streaming stuff on the internet affect your connection if you're playing online at the same time? At least it does for me....

financingisfree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By financingisfree

@Vinny_Says: my connection tends to be good enough that i can do both most of the time. i am paying for it, though.

its like pulling teeth to get people to use voice chat on XBL these days

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.